QuickBooks error code 12031 is usually seen while updating QuickBooks or updating QuickBooks payroll service. The users often face this error because of the network timeout that restricts QuickBooks from accessing the server. Moreover, such an error can also be seen if the firewall or some other security issues are seen. This is indeed a common error that needs an immediate and appropriate fix. The user might see such an error when he/she tries to refresh QuickBooks or when refreshing QuickBooks payroll service. Many times, it happens that QuickBooks desktop is unable to successfully connect to the internet, which causes issues while updating.
Incorrect browser settings might also lead to such an error. All these facts might make it a bit difficult for the user to handle the QuickBooks error code 12031. Thus, we recommend to continue scrolling through the article and unleash the proper ways to fix the error. However, if you need any technical assistance, then feel free to speak to our team at our toll-free support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. We are a team of experts and certified professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
You may also see: How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
What Triggers to the QuickBooks error code 12031?
There can be multiple triggers to the QuickBooks error code 12031 and it is very much important for the user to figure out which one is causing the error to QuickBooks.
- The very first cause can be issues with the internet connectivity
- Also, network timeout might prevent QuickBooks from accessing the server
- The firewall, anti-virus software or internet security hindering updates
- Issues with the default browser option can be another cause
- Invalid SSL settings can be another factor causing the issue
Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Error Code 12031
Now that you know the required facts related to the error, it is the right time to fix it. Below are the measures that the user can implement in order to fix the error:
- In this method, the user needs to close QuickBooks
- And then click on Internet explorer
- After that, opt for tools and click on internet options
- Now, choose security tab and then click on globe icon.
- The user is then required to click the content tab and ensure that the content advisor button says.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 82 or 6000, 106?
- Moving ahead, press tab, if it says disable and enter the password and also disable the content advisor
- The next step is to click on connections tab and carry out the steps below:
- In this method, the user needs to select never dial a connection option
- And then use the dial up node and ensure that the correct ISP is selected
- After that, click on OK tab
- Followed by pressing LAN SETTINGS tab
- And also ensure that automatically detect settings option is checked
- Now, verify use a proxy server checkbox is clear
- The next step is to use proxy server after there is a checkmark done. Also, document the complete address and port
- In case the port is other than port 80, then do not uncheck use a proxy. Also, use the proxy box for testing purposes. In case the port is port 80, then the user can uncheck
- The last step is to select ok on the LAN settings
- The user needs to now select the advanced
- And then click on restore advanced settings
- And in the settings, scroll down to find use TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and use QuickBooks TLS 1.2 options
- Make sure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked and Use TLS 1.2 is not
- Also, click on OK and close the internet options window
- And also close internet explorer and reboot the system
- Lastly, the user needs to open QuickBooks and try to update again
- For this process, the user needs to click on help
- And then click on internet connections setup
- After that, click on option stating use my computer’s internet connection settings to create a connection when the app accesses the internet
- Followed by click on next
Now update again
- The user needs to select strong, help, and then click on update QuickBooks desktop. In QuickBooks 2008 version, choose update now
- Whereas, for 2006 and earlier version, choose file, update, QuickBooks, and update now tab respectively
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6138, 105?
- In this method, the user needs to click on strong and update now, also select strong tab
- And then, select reset update checkbox. Followed by clicking on get updates tab
In case the program update doesn’t work:
- Then the user needs to check the internet connection
- And also, configure internet security and firewall updates
- The last step is to start Microsoft windows in the safe mode and download it again
See this also: How to Tackle out QuickBooks Error code 6129, 0?
- The last method is to open the menu for internet connection setup available in QuickBooks
- And also, click on internet properties
- Also, the user can see several tabs in the internet properties
- And then, from the available selections, click on advanced tab
- Followed by ensuring that the advanced setting matches
- The next step is to click on apply tab
- And also click on Save
- The last step is to close QuickBooks and open it again and also try the payroll updates process again
We have tried to summarize all possible fixes of the QuickBooks error code 12031, in the article above. But if any of your remained unanswered, or if you need any sort of technical assistance, then feel free to call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team and certified professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services.
Other helpful resources: