QuickBooks has always been the finest accounting software present in the accounting industry. This software involves many codes and algorithms, which makes it prone to certain errors. One such error we are going to discuss is the QuickBooks error code 6129, 0. Errors like Error code -6129, 0 usually halt the smooth accounting work and are time consuming as well. This error code generally indicates that the system hosting the QB program is restricting the user from creating company records or files successfully, and results in a pop-up error message when the user tries to create a new company file of the software. The ones who might be using QuickBooks for the company’s payroll and accounting management, they might have come across the QuickBooks error code -6129, 0 at least once.
If you have also encountered any such error, then this article can be a savior for you. This article contains a lot of information related to the causes and fixes to the error. The error message for this error states that: “Error code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure.” For further details, stick to the article till the end, or get in touch with our technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and our team will help you to get rid of the error code in no time.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15203?
Error code -6129, 0 related information
Error name: QuickBooks Pro error code 6129, 0
Number: Error 6129, 0
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Error description: Error -6129, 0: QuickBooks pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
QuickBooks error code 6129, 0 is seen on the screen, when the database connection verification failure, or when the software is looking to access the company files. This actually results in forbidding the user to open the company file. This error can be a bit annoying for the users to handle, but we will ease the process for you, by discussing the causes and fixes for it.
You may also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error -6129, 0
It is very important for the user to find out the factors causing the error, in order to resolve it. So, here are some of the most common causes of Error 6129, 0. Let us have a look:
- The very first reason behind the occurrence of this error is any kind of antivirus hindering the process to create a new company file.
- Also, any damaged or corrupted network files with extension .nd
- Malfunction in the system operation might also lead to this type of error
- Un-installation of software can also end up in error code -6129, 0
- Invalid entries in Windows registry are also a reason behind the occurrence of this error
- The error code -6129, 0 can also be seen when there is an improper system shutdown due to a power failure.
- The user might also face this error when the domain of server and client machine does not match.
- And the list goes on……………….
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6129, 0
Talking about the symptoms of QuickBooks error 6129, 0, there can be a couple of signs and symptoms that can help the user in identifying the error. Let us find out a few of the signs of this error:
- This error code appears on the screen and an active window crash.
- The system crashes with the error code, running the same program.
- Another symptom for the same can be sluggish window functioning to the keyboard or mouse response.
- Also, if the system freezes, then this error could be identified.
You might also read: Fix QuickBooks com error crash while mailing invoices
Before you execute the solutions, we have enumerated below, we would recommend you to try out a couple of things first.
Case 1: The user is creating a new company file
In case the error has appeared while creating a new company file. Then the user can simply opt for the below steps:
- The first step is to select exit or leave option, on the easy action interview window
- And then, the user is required to save the file and also select yes option
- Now, enter the different file name and also choose save option
In case the changing of file name fails to work, then the user can try transforming the file location.
Case 2: In case of opening or updating the company file
- In this case, the user needs to first open a sample company file to recognize if the issue is related to the file or not. In case the issue occurred to all the company files, then the user needs to try out the methods enumerated later in this article
- Also, the user needs to first log in as windows admin and then carry out any solutions further.
Related Post: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 6150?
Quick fixes to QuickBooks error code 6129, 0
In order to fix QuickBooks error code -6129, 0, there are multiple available options that the user can implement. In this article, we will be discussing each of the methods one by one. So, without further ado, let us checkout the methods:
Solution 1: Creating another folder and navigate to the QuickBooks company files
The very first solution is to create another folder and move it to the QuickBooks company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to create another file folder.
- Followed by selecting the QuickBooks company files to the new folder.
- The above step makes it easy for the user to open QB company file using the new folder, if the user has been using QuickBooks on one system.
- Moving ahead, move to the next step if he/she is using the same file on more than one system.
- And then, in the process is to click on the Start button.
- The next step in the process is to select the Programs option.
- Followed by clicking on QuickBooks and selecting the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now, the user should click on the scan folders option.
- If there is no folder having the company file, then click on the Add folder option and then add it.
- After that, hit on Scan button.
- Moving to the next step, the user is supposed to click on close, once the scanning process comes to an end.
- The last and final step is to open the QuickBooks company file and ensure whether the same is working or not.
Solution 2: Update your QuickBooks desktop to latest
To resolve this error, you can update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version.
- Open your QuickBooks desktop and navigate to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that go to the Update Now tab.
- After that choose Get Updates to begin the download.
- Once the download process is done you need to restart your QuickBooks desktop once.
- You will get prompted with some instructions to accept the option to install the new release.
Solution 3: Turn off the Anti-Virus using safe mode
So, another method that one can opt for is to turn off the anti-virus using safe mode. The steps to be carried out in this process are as follows:
- Initially, the user is required to restart the system without changing the safe mode.
- After that, the user is required to turn off the running anti-virus software.
- The next step is to create another company file.
- Now, the user is required to keep the system in the normal working mode.
- And then, reboot the system.
- Once done with that, the user is required to open QuickBooks and open the company files.
- The last step in the process is to check whether the QuickBooks error 6129, 0 is appearing or not.
Read this also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error?
Solution 4: Renaming QuickBooks network data files (.ND)
The third solution for the user is to rename the QuickBooks network data files. The steps the user need to carry out are as follows:
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
- The basic step in this process is to look for .ND files in QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, rename the file by right clicking the old name of the company file and then selecting the Rename option.
- Moving ahead, the user should enter OLD at the end of the file name and hit Enter.
- The user can open the company file, if he/she is using only one system. Moreover, in order to access the same company file on various systems, then continue with the steps below:
- First of all, click on the windows start option.
- And then, hit programs and select QuickBooks.
- After that, click on the QuickBooks database server manager and then hit the scan folders option.
- Moving ahead, if the user doesn’t see any folder that has a company file, then the user is supposed to click Add folder to add it.
- Once done with that, the user should click scan and when the scanning process is complete then close the same.
- The next step in the process is to open company file and observe if QuickBooks is functioning or not.
Solution 5: Ensure that the systems are working on one domain
The user should get all the systems on the same domain and check whether error code 6129, 0 could be seen or not.
Solution 6: Log in to Windows as an administrator
Many times, the user might encounter issues, when they have not logged in admin. So, in order to fix the error, the user can try to log in to Windows as admin. The user is required to try opening another company file, followed by logging into windows as an admin to update the company file. In case the user does not have an Admin login, then in that case the user should find support for windows or an IT professional for guidance.
Solution 7: Performing the solution at the time of Easy Step Interview
When none of the steps worked in your favor, try to perform the steps below at the time of easy step interview.
- First of all, the user is required to click on leave when the user is in Easy Step Interview.
- After that, when does the message Save the file? gets displayed on the screen, then hit Yes.
- The final step is to enter the file name, and click on the Save option.
Read this also: How to setup and install QuickBooks Loan Manager?
Solution 8: Try a Fresh Install and Use Quick Fixes
For resolving this issue, you can approach this step as a fresh install or using quick fixes from QuickBooks Tool Hub can be the most effective way to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6129.
Step 1: Start with a Fresh Install
A fresh installation can help with QuickBooks error code 6129. Follow these simple steps.
- Download and Install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Open the tool hub.
- Click on Installation Issues.
- Choose the Clean install tool.
- The clean installation will begin.
Step 2: Utilize QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Fix Error 6129 by using QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Launch the Tool hub.
- Go to Network Issues.
- Select QuickBooks database server manager.
- This will enhance communication with the server.
- Resolving network problems becomes easier.
- Once the process is over restarting your computer.
Step 3: Apply QuickBooks File Doctor
The most common solution for QuickBooks problems is using the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the recent version.
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Click Get Updates and then Update.
- After updating, open the tool hub.
- Navigate to company file issues and click on Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Let the file doctor tool fix the issue for you.
Solution 9: Organize Company Files in a New Location
To give your QuickBooks a fresh start, try this method.
- Make a New Folder.
- Move your QuickBooks Company Files to this new folder.
- If you’ve been using QuickBooks on just one computer, these steps are straightforward.
- But if you’re using the file on multiple computers, follow the Next steps.
- Click the Windows Start Button now choose Programs and select QuickBooks and then select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool will appear.
- Click on the Scan Folders Tab.
- If you can’t find the folder with the company file, choose Add a new Folder.
- Click Scan.
- Once the scan is done, click Close.
- Now you can open the Company File.
Solution 10: Turn Off Multi-User Mode
If QuickBooks Error Code 6129 shows up due to multi-user mode being on the host system, try disabling it. Follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu.
- Click on Utilities.
- Scroll down and choose Stop Hosting Multi-user Access.
Also Check Out: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 82 or 6000, 106?
QuickBooks error code 6129, 0 could be seen when the user tries to create a new company file. However, following the methods stated above can be very helpful to fix this bug. If the user is unable to fix this error even after following the above listed steps, then it is better to consult some professionals who have years of experience and expertise.
Give us a call on our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and you are good to go. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be there to assist you in fixing all types of QB associated errors. We are a hub of experts and certified accounting professionals, who will help you in providing the best possible support services round the clock.
People also searched for:
QuickBooks Error Code 6129 is an issue that occurs when there’s a problem with multi-user mode or when opening a company file. It might be due to network issues or company file corruption.
To fix this error, you can try a few methods:
– Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
– Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to resolve network issues.
– Apply QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the company file.
QuickBooks Error Code 6129 can occur in multi-user mode due to conflicts with the company file on the host system. Disabling multi-user access or running QuickBooks Database Server Manager can help resolve this issue.
If the error persists, consider:
– Verifying that your antivirus or firewall isn’t blocking QuickBooks.
– Checking network connectivity and ensuring all computers use the same domain.
– Creating a new Windows user with admin rights to open QuickBooks.
– Contacting QuickBooks support for further assistance if none of the above steps work.