As per the recent reports, QuickBooks users have largely encountered error code 12152. This kind of error is generally encountered when there is any type of issue with the user’s internet settings. Either due to incorrect or poor settings, the software might find it difficult connect with the servers. QuickBooks might not be able to connect with the server, when the internet connection settings get mis-configured. In today’s article, we will be talking about the quick fixes to the error QuickBooks error code 12152. Thus, if you have stumbled upon any such error, then you can simply stick to the article.
But before jumping on to the troubleshooting solutions to the QuickBooks error code 12152, the QB users should verify whether his or her internet is working in a proper manner or not. Another alternate for this error can be to speak to our support professionals via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks Error code 80070057?
What is QuickBooks error code 12152?
Before to start with the troubleshooting process, you need to know what the error is all about. The QuickBooks error code 12152 is seen when there are any kind of issues with the internet connection settings. Any kind of technical glitch in the internet settings might affect the software in connecting to the servers, which end up in technical snags in updating the software. There can be certain causes and signs of this error, which we will be discussing later in this post. So, read ahead to explore further.
Symptoms to QuickBooks error code 12152
- The very first symptom of QuickBooks error code 12152 is that the error code itself shows up and crashes the program window.
- Another symptom for the same can be when the QuickBooks window crashes frequently.
- Also, when the system takes the commands slowly.
- This error code can also be seen when the system freezes for a couple of moments.
- The user can also identify this error when the system responds sluggishly to the keyboard inputs.
What triggers QuickBooks error code 12152?
- If the user is using an older version of QuickBooks, this type of error code can be encountered.
- QuickBooks unable to read the license data.
- In case the window API keys are not working legitimately, then this error could be encountered.
- Removing an important framework document or registry section might also end up in error code 12152.
- Another reason behind the occurrence of this type of error can be when there is any kind of problem with the windows registry.
- Any kind of problem with the software installation might be a cause behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 12152.
Techniques to fix the error code 12152 in QuickBooks
There can be more than one technique to tackle the QuickBooks update error 12152. In this article, we will be exploring some of the most relevant ones. Let us check out each of the solutions, one by one:
Technique 1: Authenticating date and time
- To start with the basics, the user is required to verify whether the data and time are correctly set on the system or not.
- In case they are not then move to the bottom right on the system.
- The next step in the process is to put the cursor on the time that is displayed on the screen and then right click the same.
- After that, hit the adjust date/time option.
- And then, reboot QuickBooks to save changes.
Technique 2: Using Registry Editor
Well, it should be noted that before making changes to the windows registry, the user is required to backup the registry. Also, it is recommended to follow the instructions properly, as wrong changes to the windows registry might stop the system from working.
- Move to the Start menu.
- And then, type command in the search field.
- After that, the user is supposed to press Ctrl and shift keys simultaneously, followed by hitting Enter key.
- Moving ahead, the user will witness a user account dialog box on the screen.
- The user is then required to tap on the Yes option.
- Now, a black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- After that, type in Regedit.
- And then hit Enter.
- The next step in the process is to select the key related to QuickBooks error 12152 in the registry editors just like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Now, select the export option in the file menu.
- And then store the Google chrome or IE backup key in the folder.
- Once done with that, the user is required to name the folder.
- And make sure that the selected branch is chosen.
- After completing the above step, click on save.
- To end the process, verify that the file has been saves a .reg file.
Read Also: How to Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Technique 3: Uninstalling/ Reinstalling QuickBooks
- The very first step is to uninstall QuickBooks.
- And then download it once again.
- The next step in the process is to install QuickBooks desktop and then launch the same.
- After that the user is required to look for scan option and then click it.
- Moving ahead, issues displays on the screen.
- And then, select Repair all option.
- The last step in the process is to check whether the user is still getting the QuickBooks error code 12152.
Read Also: Ways to fix QuickBooks Error 99001
Technique 4: Restore your system
- To begin with, the user is required to sign in to the device with admin credentials.
- The next step is to visit the Start menu, and then opt for all programs and accessories followed by selecting the system tools and also the system restore option.
- After that, the user will see a new window on the screen, where the option of restore my computer to an earlier time option will be seen.
- Now, hit the Next option.
- And then select the latest system restore point and press the Next option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on the next option on the confirmation window.
- The last and final step in the process is to restart the device and then check if the QuickBooks update error 12152 is resolved or not.
You may also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Technique 5: Making changes to Internet options
- Move to the start menu.
- And then, type the words Control Panel.
- After that the control panel window gets open.
- Now, the user will have to look for the Internet options.
- And then, click on the Internet options.
- Once done with that, the user is required to visit the advanced tab and then click on the same to open the window.
- The next step is to select the advance reset option.
- And then check whether the error is still appearing or not.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=387?
With this we come towards the end of this blog post. We hope that the information and the techniques stated in this blog post might help the users to deal with the QuickBooks error code 12152. Following any of the techniques listed above will surely resolve the error. However, if by any chance the error continues to trouble the users, then it is recommended to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
We are a hub of Intuit certified professionals and U.S bases best accounting experts, who are always there to help the users in tackling the various QuickBooks related issues.
You might also read: