The QuickBooks accounting software is designed and developed with some remarkable features and functionalities. But these features and functionalities doesn’t make the this software error-free. There are instances when this remarkable accounting and bookkeeping software runs off the track and end up in certain bugs and glitches. In this article we will discusses about QuickBooks error code 15241.
Users may face QuickBooks error code 15241 at the time of updating the software. This error is frequently reported by many QuickBooks users on the community. While using the QuickBooks payroll function or while installing the updates to the software, the users may come across to this problem. If you are facing similar issue, then need not to worry, go through this article till the end, and you will get the most relevant solution to resolve this issue.
However, you can also make a call to our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and consult with our certified QuickBooks payroll support professionals for getting rid of the issue in no time. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000?
What is QuickBooks error 15241?
Before jumping directly to the fixation steps of QuickBooks error 15241, it is better to take a look what this error is all about. Error 15241 is basically caused due to damaged QuickBooks installation or your QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. It can also be seen due to incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the windows registry. There can be various causes to this error, which are discussed later in this post. Resolving this error can be a bit tiresome for the user QB users, to ease it we have discussed the solutions in today’s post.
You may see the following error message on your screen:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully
QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
How to identify QuickBooks error 15241?
Many QuickBooks users find it difficult to identify the error 15241. Therefore, we have come up with the symptoms that might help the users to spot the error. Let us check out the symptoms:
- The very first symptom is, if the error 15241 shows up and crashes the program window.
- Also, in case the system crashes quite often.
- When the windows run sluggishly and do not respond properly to the mouse and keyboard inputs.
- In the situation when the PC freezes for a couple of moment at a time, such situation might lead to error 15241.
Factors leading to QuickBooks error code 15241
Do you know, what factors might cause such error? If not, then check out the factors enlisted below that might end up in QuickBooks error 15241.
- The very first cause can be, when the downloaded file gets corrupted somehow
- Another case can be when the QuickBooks installation is incomplete
- Also, the registry corruption might end up in such kind of error
- If your system has encountered any virus or malware infection or your QuickBooks files got infected by some virus, then be ready to face error 158241.
- Error 15241 can also be caused in case the some important files got deleted mistakenly, by some other program or by any other means
Related Post: What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123, 0?
Fix QuickBooks error 15241 by following simple steps
Now that you have explored the possible causes, as well as the symptoms of the error, it is time to find out the ideal way to fix the QuickBooks error 15241 in no time. It should be noted that the solution steps for Windows 10, 8, 7 and Windows Vista might vary from the rectification steps for Windows XP. We will be exploring both of the solutions one by one.
For Windows XP Operating Software Users:
- To begin with, the user is required to close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Once done with that, the user is required to visit the desktop, followed by my computers, and then choose the manage option, in order to open the Computer management screen.
- The next step is to visit the new screen and then look for Services and Application, and then click on the same. After clicking on it, move to the Services option and then click on the same to open.
- Moving ahead, in the services window, the user is required to move down the screen and then look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS services, later on click on the same, which will take you to the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Window.
- Now, tap on the General tab, followed by selecting the drop down arrow of the Startup Type option and then hit the manual option.
- Once done with that, move ahead by hitting OK.
- The next step is to reboot or restart the software.
- Move ahead by downloading the latest updates to the QuickBooks program.
- And end the process by updating the payroll tax tables
For Windows 8, 7, 10, or Vista
If you are a windows 8, 7, 10 or vista user, then the below steps are applicable for you:
- To begin with, shut down the QuickBooks desktop, just like the other procedure.
- After that, go for Windows Start button, followed by right-clicking the computer option and pressing Manage.
- The next step is to hit the Services and Applications that could be seen in the left pane.
- Moving ahead, double click on the Services option from the right pane.
- And then, again double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Once done with that, the user is required to choose the Startup type drop-down from the General tab and then select the Manual option.
- After completing that, the user is required to tap on the Apply option.
- Now select the start button and then hit OK button.
- The next step is to open the QuickBooks desktop software.
- And then download the QuickBooks desktop product updates.
- The final step is same as the above procedure, update the payroll tax tables and you are good to go.
You may also read: Easy Steps to Download and Use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Update payroll tax table
The user needs to download the payroll tax table update in QuickBooks desktop, in order to fix the error code 15241:
- Initially, the user needs to move to the Employees menu and then click on the Get Payroll Updates option.
- After that, check in the Download Entire Update checkbox and then visit the Update option.
- And then, download complete window will appear on the screen and the payroll tax table will be updated
You may also like: Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error 1904 and 1402
The above enumerated steps might be of great assistance in tackling the QuickBooks payroll error 15241. Though, the steps would surely help in getting rid of the error, but if in case the steps do not turn out to be useful, or if you are facing any difficulty in dealing with the error, then do not hesitate to make a call to our professionals.
Our toll-free number is 1(844)521-0490, you can talk to our QuickBooks enterprise support executives and highly skilled QB professionals. Our team will provide round the clock assistance to you in a single call.
Other 15xxx series erros