QuickBooks error code 6000, 82 or 6000, 106 is basically a -6000 series error, which occurs when the user tries to open or access the company file in QuickBooks. This error affects the company file and the software in the same way, as other 6000 series error affect. If you are also facing any such error, then this article will be of great help. In today’s article, we will be discussing the process to fix the error 6000, 82 or 6000 106. Thus, make sure that you read the post carefully, and unleash the processes to fix the errors. However, an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our professionals at our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified Proadvisors will be there to assist you immediately and fix the error on your behalf.
Before moving to troubleshooting process, the user is recommended to ensure that the QuickBooks software is updated to the latest release. Along with that, the user needs to download, install, and run QuickBooks file doctor tool on the system. Now, after you are well versed with the facts and other related information, it is the right time to start with the processes to get rid of the error successfully.
Read it Also: How to Improve QuickBooks Desktop Performance?
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6000 82 or 6000 106
In order to resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 82 or 6000 106 successfully, the user is recommended to carry out a couple of steps, listed below. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Deleting the empty space after the company name and before the company file extension
- The initial step is to logout the QuickBooks desktop in all systems or devices.
- And then, the user needs to move to the folder where all the company files are saved.
- Now, right click on the company file and also choose rename option.
- The next step is to select the name of the file and also check and clear any empty space between the file extension and the company name.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to try to create or open the company file.
Step 2: Turning off the hosting with each system where QuickBooks is installed
For single user access: It should be noted that turning off hosting mode disables multi-user access.
- This can be done by navigating to the file and then opt for utilities. Along with that, choose stop hosting multi-user access.
- And then, after the stop hosting multi user access, the user needs to select Yes opt.
- The next step is to again opt for Yes button, when the company file must be closed message appears on the screen.
For multi-user access: The user should note that, this error usually indicates that one or more client computers are incorrectly set up to host the multi-user access.
- On each client system displaying the issue:
- The user needs to select the file in the no company open window, and then opt for the utilities tab
- The user will have to confirm that the menu option host multi-user access is displayed. One or ore client systems might display the menu option, stop multi-user access, indicating they are already hosting multi-user access.
- The user is also recommended to select the stop hosting multi-user access option on any client system displaying the stop hosting multi-user access, and then follow the prompts to turn off hosting.
- Also, try to open the problem file again. The log-in window should be displayed on the screen.
Also Read: Rectification of QuickBooks error code C=343
Step 3: For multi-user access, switch to hosting local and remote files mode
It should be noted that, this process should be only opted, when the above stated method fails to work.
- First of all, the user needs to press F2 key with QuickBooks open to open the product information window.
- And then, verify that under local server information at the bottom of the window hosting is set to local files only.
- The next step is to choose the file menu and also select switch to multi-user mode.
- Now, open the company file on a network system. And for further information, see the QuickBooks in-product help or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks desktop resource page.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to press F2 key when the company file is open.
- And also, verify that under local server information at the bottom of the window, hosting is set to local files only. Also, keep in mind that in order to provide other QB users with continuous access to the company file, the system that is hosting multi-user access must be kept on, and also the user who set up QuickBooks must remain logged in.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
Step 4: Running the Quick fix program tool
The QuickBooks tool hub should be used on the client computer and can be carried out by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to download and install the QuickBooks tools hub on the client system.
- And then, the user needs to select the program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Also, select the quick fix my program.
- The last step is to start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
Read this Also: Steps to Create an estimate in QuickBooks desktop
Step 5: Following the standard data troubleshooting
If none of the above methods worked in your favor to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6000 82, 6000 106, this is the last method the user can try out. It might be possible that the company file has the data damage. To fix this, the user can check the resolve data damage issues basic troubleshooting and try to get rid of the error.
Resolving the QuickBooks error code 6000 82 or 6000 106 becomes easy, if the above stated methods are followed properly.
However, in case the error continues, or if you have any query, we are there to assist you. Give us a call right away at our QuickBooks enterprise customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490 and leave the rest on our experts and certified ProAdvisors.