QuickBooks is most efficient financial management software that almost comes with yearly updates. It’s necessary for you to update it timely for the proper working of this application. If you are a newbie to this software..! Well, let me inform you that you can update the QuickBooks application either manually or automatically. For automatic update, you have to turn on the “Automatic Update” option.
But if you want to do it manually, we suggest you to update it once in a month. Perhaps if you require more detailed & accurate information about it – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-844-521-0490 anytime.
You may also read: What are server busy errors in QuickBooks?
Important things to Remember before Upgrading
Updating to a new launch (instance: R3P into R5P) usually takes a slight change to the database. These modifications won’t create the information file readable with earlier releases.
That is different than updating to a new product variant (example: 2017 to 2018) in which the changes are important.
Ensure that you have QuickBooks Desktop Patch
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, hit onto the “F2” key or “Ctrl+1” key on the system keyboard.
- Go to the “Product Information” screen and verify the QB current version as well as its release.
- The user can also press F2 or Ctrl + 1
- Verify the available QuickBooks latest release:
You may also like: How to rectify QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
The user can opt for fourth methods to download the update from the internet. A good internet connection is a must in each case.
- Automatic update
- On demand
- Release download
- Manual update
Once the user downloads the updates, all the important company files will get installed automatically to the correct location on the system. After the updates would be downloaded, the prompts will appear on its own on the screen.
Option 1: Manual Update
Method 1: Use Internet to Download Updates
- Proceed to the Downloads & Updates page.
- In the Select Product drop-down, then choose your “QuickBooks product“.
- In the Select Version drop-down, then choose the proper variant or year.
- Select “Get the latest updates“, subsequently Save/Save File to get the update.
- Once the download finishes, double-click to set up the update. You need to restart your Windows after the installation completes.
To manually install upgrades across your system, you are able to:
- Access the setup file onto your own computer from a different computer or Copy the setup file into a flash drive, then into the background of another computer.
Read Also: How to solve QuickBooks error code H303?
Method 2: With the help of QuickBooks
- In the “File” menu, then choose the “Close Company/Logoff” icon.
- In the “File” menu, and then choose the “Exit” tab.
- Perform right-click on the QuickBooks icon, and then choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In the “No Company Open“ windows, navigate to the “Help“ menu & then select the “Update QuickBooks“ option.
- Move to the “Update Now“ option, and then check the “Reset Update” box.
- Choose the “Get Updates“ tab.
- Once the ‘Update Complete’ dialogue appear on the screen, shutdown the QuickBooks.
- Reopen the QuickBooks application..! If you see the install update message then hit onto the “Yes“ icon.
- Once the Installation is done, restart the system.
Method 3: Ultralight Patch (ULIP)
ULIP (Ultra Light Patch) is a characteristic in QuickBooks desktop where small crucial repairs can be sent without needing a real release limitation. The patch release procedure will last as will be (R releases for example 2017 R5).
The patch release method can continue as is (R releases like 2017 R5). Use the following steps as Option 2 to use the vital repairs. Ensure Essential Repairs is chosen prior to you transfer the updates.
Option 2: Automatic Update Methods
Method 1: Download & Install Automatic Update Now
- Open the QuickBooks & then go to the “Help” menu and choose the “Update QuickBooks“ tab.
- In the “Update QuickBooks“ screen, click on the “Update Now“ tab.
- To erase all the previously downloaded updates, place a check mark on the “Reset Update“ box.
- Choose the “Get Updates“ icon.
- Finally, restart the QuickBooks application.
Method 2: Set Automatic Download for Future
- Go to the “Help“ menu and choose the “Update QuickBooks“ icon.
- In the “Update QuickBooks“ screen, select the “Option“ tab.
- Choose the “Radio button” for “Yes“ icon in order to switch on the automatic updates.
- Finally, choose the “Close“ tab.
See Also: Solutions of QuickBooks Error 179
Through this article we tried our level best to endow the optimum information about the ways to update QuickBooks to its latest release version. If you have any query or problem associated with this particular topic – we recommend you to contact the certified professionals at their toll-free helpline i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
You may also like: