QuickBooks error 6138, 105 is a kind of error that appears when the user opens the company file. Such an error is also seen when a system is not a server and that is hosting a company file. Any sort of damage to the company file can lead to data loss. This error belongs to 6000 error family, which is basically related to the company file. Hence, it is always recommended to the user to create a backup copy of the damaged file before moving with the steps. Moreover, before jumping onto the steps to fix the error, the user is recommended to update QuickBooks to the latest version.
QuickBooks error code 6138, 105 can be fixed easily by carrying out certain steps, which we will be discussing later in this article. In case you want our professionals to fix the error code 6138, 105 on your behalf, then in that case feel free to start a conversation with our support team via our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. We will be happy to assist you.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
Symptoms to QuickBooks error 6138
There are certain signs and symptoms listed below, that would help in identifying the error. Let us explore them one by one:
- The user might stumble upon Codec error again and again
- Or the Script error dialog box might appear on the screen repeatedly
- Also, the file doesn’t exist error might show up
Causes of QuickBooks error 6138
The user might come across the QuickBooks error code 6138, 105, due to a handful of factors, this might include the following:
- In case the QuickBooks software isn’t running with enough admin permissions
- Or if the company file is not saved on the server system, then the user might face this sort of error
- Moreover, if the .ND and .TLG files are damaged, then such kind of error is probable to happen
Methods to rectify the QuickBooks error code 6138
Now that you are aware of the factors causing the error, along with the signs to identify, it is time to start with the fixation steps. The user can carry out the below methods one by one and check if the error gets resolved.
Method 1: Ending QuickBooks tasks from task manager
The user can start with ending the QuickBooks tasks from the task manager, in order to get rid of this QuickBooks error code 6138. The steps to be followed for this method are:
- The first step is to log in as an admin in the system
- And then press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys, in order to open task manager
- The user is then required to highlight the first option and then press Q from the keyboard to see the QuickBooks process
- Once done with that choose QuickBooks processes and then click on end task
- The last step is to open QuickBooks company file
Method 2: Updating the QuickBooks desktop
Another method is to update the QuickBooks desktop. This method can be performed using these steps:
- The user needs to first open QuickBooks desktop
- And then, move to the help menu and also update QuickBooks desktop
- Once done with that, the user should click on the update now tab
- And also, checkmark the reset update and click on get updates
- The last step is to close QuickBooks after the update is complete
Method 3: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor
The user can also make use of QuickBooks file doctor tool, and try resolving the error. The steps to be involved are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to download QuickBooks tool hub and move to the downloads by pressing Ctrl + J
- And then, under the downloads list, the user should click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Followed by clicking on yes to allow this app to make changes
- Once done with that, click on next to install it and click on yes again for accepting the license agreement
- The next step is to click on next and install tabs
- After the installation is complete, the user should click on finish
- The user is then required to open QuickBooks tool hub
- And under the company file issues tab click on run QuickBooks file doctor
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15215?
Method 4: Copying the company files to desktop
In this method, the user will have to copy the company file to the desktop, which will fix the issue up to certain extent. The steps involved are:
- For this, the user should right click on the desktop screen and move to the new folder
- Followed by moving to the current company file location
- Now, right click on the company file and select copy tab
- The next step is to open the new folder and right click and click on paste
- After that, press and hold the Ctrl key, and avoid leaving ctrl key till no company open window appears on the screen
You may also like: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
- Now, click on the open or restore an existing company
- Followed by choosing open a company file and click on next tab
- The user is then required to browse to the desktop file that has been copied in a new folder
- And also, click on open and this will fix the error
See Also: How to fix the QuickBooks error 3007?
With this we come to end of this article, where we hope that the information stated in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6138, 105. The methods and steps listed above might be enough for getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 6138, 105. Whereas, if by any chance, the user stumbles upon the same error again or in case the user is stuck at any point of time, then he/she can simply consult our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team via 1-844-521-0490.
We are a team of technically sound accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services instantly. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be there to assist you immediately.