Follow these simple steps to update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
QuickBooks is a bookkeeping and accounting software created to cater to the business requirements of small- and mid-sized companies. The software is available for both Windows and Mac business owners. To offer the optimum user experience, developers keep releasing new updates for QB users to install. If you are a QuickBooks Mac user, you can follow the steps mentioned in this blog post to download and install updates for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
For expert assistance, you can also get in touch with our customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our support team executives will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services.
You may also read: How to setup QuickBooks database server manager?
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Below are the steps that can be followed, in order to update QuickBooks desktop for Mac. Let us explore the steps in detail:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from the QuickBooks drop-down menu select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- Check if a newer version is available and then select Install Update.
- Wait for a prompt and select Install and Relaunch.
- When the QuickBooks update is finished, QuickBooks desktop for Mac will automatically open.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
How You can Perform Manual update?
Uninstall QuickBooks for Mac:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Finder menu and select Go Applications.
- Delete or drag the QB icon to the Trash.
- Now, reinstall the latest version.
Reinstall the latest version:
- Visit to the QuickBooks Product Updates page.
- Select [Change] to choose your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Select Download and instigate the process to download the installer file to your computer.
- Next, double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
- Move the QuickBooks Desktop icon to the Applications folder to install.
You can also see: restore your company file in QuickBooks.
Important: For verifying the update and checking the release number – open QuickBooks and press Cmd+1 keys or F1 key.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Payroll Error 403?
Steps to Update QuickBooks Server for Mac
- Find the QuickBooks [year] Server next to the Apple logo.
- Choose Check for QuickBooks Server updates.
- Tap on Install Update.
- Next, choose Install and Relaunch.
We hope that you find this blog post helpful in updating QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Follow the instructions provided here in the same sequence to avoid any complexity. If you face any issue in installing the updates of any other issue with your QuickBooks Desktop, contact our experienced QuickBooks enterprise support team of experts at +1-844-521-0490.
We are available 24×7 and offer quick and precise solutions for all QuickBooks related issues.
Also Read: Steps to undo a deposit funds in QuickBooks
Q 1 – Is QuickBooks Desktop for Mac similar to the QuickBooks products for PC?
Ans: Well, according to the experts, they both are not identical or same, rather they have some features in common. Whereas, QuickBooks desktop for Mac has been enhanced with new and improved features optimized for the Mac platform.
Q 2 – Is Payroll available for Mac?
Ans: Yes, payroll is available for Mac. To know more, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support professionals.
Q 3 – Is it possible to install QuickBooks desktop for Mac on more than one system? Is it compatible with new macOS, Catalina?
The user will get single and three user license options. The three user license enables use on up to three computers. For more details, you can consult a certified accounting professional.
Other recommended articles: