A Comprehensive guide to sync QuickBooks files between two computers
Many QuickBooks users wish to sync their QuickBooks files between two systems and this is because this process permits the users to augment the flexibility in accessing the data, as well as productivity of their business. But unfortunately, many users fail to sync the QuickBooks files between two systems, due to lack of proper acquaintance.
But need not to worry, as we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the process to sync QuickBooks files between two computers. For more details, the users can contact our support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
You’ll also like: Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Process to Synchronizing the QuickBooks files between two computers
If you want to synchronize the QuickBooks files between two computers then there is few ways you can follow:
- First way is to check the correct installation options for each computer and then connect both the computers on the same network.
- The another way is to uninstall the QuickBooks application on both computers and then reinstall with the selected options.
At the time you reinstall and configure the QuickBooks the it will be complete on the both systems. Also the primary desktop keeps your data files and allow you to Sync the data to other systems on the network. Apart from this you can use the Data Transfer Utility that is known as a 3rd party commercial utility if it contains the two different company files that need to be merged.
Important: Synchronizing QuickBooks files between two computers allows to employees to collaborate on one unified accounting report.
Simple Steps to sync QuickBooks files between two computers
- To begin with, the user is required to install and download data transfer utility that is provided by Intuit, on the primary computer which hosts the company file.
- After that, the user is required to paste the company file from the secondary computer to the primary computer.
- Once you have completed the above step, open the QuickBooks software on the primary computer. After that select the File and then open a company file from the secondary system, followed by selecting the Open company option.
- The next step is to choose the Open Source company tab, in the data transfer utility, and then select the Export data from the source company.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to select the option stating ‘Yes and permit access if QB is not running’, and look for the option that permits the application access personal data. To continue, the user is required to click on ‘Continue’ ‘Yes’ and ‘Done’ in QuickBooks.
- After that, the user is required to select the ‘Close’ button in ‘currently connected to field’ within the data transfer utility.
- The next step is to check the file menu and then select the close company option in QuickBooks.
- Now, tap on File option and then choose Open or Restore Company, followed by selecting the open a company in QB.
- To move ahead, the QuickBooks user is required to select the open destination company of disk transfer utility from the import data into Destination Company.
- Once doing that, the user is required to select ‘Yes, always permit access even if QB is not running’ and then allow the application to access the personal data. Then the user is required to click on Continue, yes, and done in QuickBooks.
- The next step is to select the close tab, for current connected to field in the data transfer utility.
- Now, the user is required to select the File menu and then choose the close company in QB.
- Coming to the end of this process, the user has to select type of data and change button of data transfer utility and select any option that would present the best information that the user want to import into the destination file.
- The last and final step of this process is to visit the Import data into destination and then select the Import data button, in the data transfer utility.
Steps to turn on host
- In order to turn on host, the user needs to navigate to the file menu and then select utilities
- After that, select the host multi user access
- And also, select yes to confirm
You may also like: How to Fix Common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors?
After turning on host, the user will have to carry out the steps below:
- For this, the user needs to navigate to the server system i.e. computer that physically stores the company file
- And then, at the server system i.e. system hosting the company files, and then navigate to the start menu and look for the database
- The next step is to select the QuickBooks database server manager
- If there are no folder locations displayed on the screen, then the user needs to click on browse and then look for the folder where the company file is saved and then hit OK
- After that, the user needs to click on start scan. This repairs all firewall permissions to enable QB to communicate over the network
- The last step is to select close and then try to open QuickBooks desktop in the multi-user mode on the workstations
See Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 3007?
This brings us to the end of this article. And we hope that reading the entire article might be helpful for you to sync the QuickBooks files between two systems. The above-enumerated steps might simplify the entire process to syncing files. Many users might find this procedure a bit confusing and time consuming.
You might also like: