Comprehensive guide to restore backup file in QuickBooks desktop
The company file carries the essential data of the company up to the date the backup was made. It is important to restore the most recent file, in order to ensure that the data is safe even in case when it gets damaged or lost somehow. Restoring a backup file lets you go back to one of your save points, if you ever run into problems. If you want to learn the steps to restore backup file in QuickBooks, then reading this article till the end might help. In today’s blog post, we are going to guide the users to restore the backup file in QuickBooks desktop.
The below discussed steps can be followed to restore backup from a CD, USB flash drive, local hard drive, network folder, or other media. If you backed up the company file using service provided by QuickBooks online backup, then make sure to restore it through that same service.
In case you want an expert assistance in restoring the backup file in QuickBooks, then feel free to get in touch with our customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will restore the backup file for you.
You may also read: How to Install and Setup QuickBooks Mac Desktop?
Restore a Backup of your QuickBooks Company File
When the user restores the backup file, QB uses the backup company file (.qbb) to create a new company (.qbw). However, it should be noted that if the backup company file is on an external device like a USB, the user will have to move it to the local hard drive first, and then continue with the process. Also note that, when the user downloads the file, the user is asked where to save or map it. At that moment, the user needs to ensure to select a file location that is to be remembered easily.
The steps to be followed to restore a file are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to move to the File menu, followed by selecting the Open or Restore Company option, in order to open the restore wizard.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15243?
- The next step is to tap on Restore a backup copy (.qbb) and then hit Next.
- After that, select local backup, followed by hitting Next option. With this, the open backup copy window will appear on the screen.
You may also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 3007?
- Moving ahead, browse the location where you saved the backup file, only if needed.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12031?
- And then, select the backup file, followed by clicking open and next options respectively.
- The next step in the process is to save in drop down arrow and move to the location where you wish to restore the backup file.
- And to end the process, select the backup file and click on save option, and respond to any messages that might be displayed on your screen.
See Also: What is QuickBooks general ledger?
The point to be noted here is that if QuickBooks detects any company file with the exactly same name in the folder, then a prompt will appear asking whether to replace the existing file. Clicking replace in such a situation will automatically erase the existing file. Thus, if you are uncertain about erasing the existing file, then the user is recommended to click on Cancel and give the file a different name.
At the end of this process, the user will have a new company file to work from. However, if you have any issue in restoring the backup company file in QuickBooks or any of your queries remained unanswered, then feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and discuss your issue with our experts. Our experts and certified professionals will be happy to help you!
Other recommended articles: