QuickBooks is one of the greatest leading Software in the field of accounting as it has always offered its best services in front of its users. QuickBooks has always served its users with new and latest advanced features which make the work easier. As there are a bunch of features in QuickBooks, It also has a Pdf and printing tool. Due to some circumstances, many times it encounters some issues or errors in its working.
In this article, we will learn about a very important feature of QuickBooks PDF and Print repair tool and the errors of Pdf and printing with QuickBooks desktop. We will also discuss the various causes and solutions to fix these errors later in this article. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then do not hesitate in speaking with our support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, our experts will ensure to fix your issue within no time.
You may also see: How to resolve data damage on your QuickBooks company file?
What are the causes behind QuickBooks Pdf and printing errors?
There are many causes responsible for the existence of Pdf and printing errors in the QuickBooks. Most of them are given below:
- The PDF record part is missing.
- PDF converter status is being illustrated disconnected.
- Establishment of the QuickBooks PDF converter is not finished.
- The .Net framework can’t make an association with the printer.
- The printer programming isn’t introduced adequately.
- Non-working Print Driver Host is there.
- When you are preparing ‘gadget not message’.
- Unavailability of an arranged network
- QuickBooks isn’t renewed to the most recent discharge.
- Some issues with the system connectivity with gadgets or networks.
- Error messages frequently coming on the screen.
Important Points to Remember:
Before we move on to the major solutions, it is important to know some points that are needed to be considered and are relevant for fixing the issue:
- Check whether the printer is turned on/plugged in properly.
- You can check if the printer can print from some other program. If it does then the problem is not with QuickBooks.
- Restart the computer and reboot it. Sometimes, it can solve the issue.
- There is a ‘Printer Error’ message on the screen and you can also see a ‘Printer code’ such as:
- Windows Error Dialog
- QuickBooks Error Dialog
- Sometimes, there is a scenario where you can print reports but cannot print transactions. To amend this, you can try to change the template of the form. Corrupted templates can’t be repaired, so try other templates.
Read this also: How to Resolve Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
How to Resolve QuickBooks Pdf and Printing Errors?
If you are looking for the solutions to solve this error, here we have provided the best solutions and methods that will fix the error forever from the software. You can take help from QuickBooks experts to save your time and efforts.
Solution 1: Download and Install and run the QuickBooks Pdf and print repair tool
- Update the QuickBooks to the latest version before you begin troubleshooting.
- Download the QuickBooks print and repair tool from the internet.
- The user is required to locate the QBPrint.qbp file on the system having the issues in printing with QuickBooks
- And then, manually rename it, by prefixing any word
- Also, the user needs to follow the path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks2XXX
- The user will then have to locate the file and ensure to un-hide the hidden files
- After that right click the QBprint.qbp to rename it
- The next step is to open a transaction that the user had a problem creating PDF in QuickBooks desktop
- Also, the user can now try to print from QuickBooks sample company file to confirm, in case the problem was with the company file
Probably, this method will fix this error but if this tool doesn’t fix this then, you can try another solution given below.
Solution 2: Install and adjust the permissions for XPS document writer
Step 1: Test the XPS Document Writer by printing outside QuickBooks software
- Go to the ‘File menu‘ and select the option ‘Print‘.
- From the window, select ‘Microsoft XPS document writer‘ from the list of printers and press on ‘Print‘.
- Save the ‘.XPS file‘ on your desktop.
- Go to the desktop and look for the ‘.XPS file‘.
- Find out the .XPS file there and open it. If the file does not open and an error occurs while opening it or if the file does not display properly, then the XPS document writer will need to be reinstalled.
- If an error pops up when you try to print, or if the XPS document writer is not available then you need to ‘reinstall the .XPS document writer‘.
Step 2: Reinstall the Microsoft .XPS document writer
We need to consider 2 points in step 2.
- Verify if the XPS services are enabled or not
- Reinstall the XPS Document Writer in Windows.
Step 3: Adjust all the windows user permissions for the XPS document writer
- Log in with the admin right to change the permissions
- In windows, open the ‘Printers control panel’.
- Right-click on the ‘XPS document writer‘ and choose ‘Printer properties‘ for windows 8 and properties for windows vista.
- Select ‘Security‘ and pick everyone user group.
- If the everyone group is not in the list then,
- Click on the ‘add button‘ and enter everyone in the field.
- Select check names and press ‘OK‘ button.
- Go to ‘Allow column‘ and then click on ‘Print‘ option.
- Navigate to ‘C:\Windows\System32\spool‘ in Windows Explorer.
- Select ‘printers>properties > security>edit‘.
- Choose to ‘add‘ and Type ‘local service‘ and press ‘Enter‘.
- Ensure local service has full control then click ‘OK‘.
- Then, open your QuickBooks and try to create a file.
See this also: How to Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop?
Step 4: Edit the security software settings
- Verify the settings in your security software like antivirus, McAfee firewall, malware, etc to make sure that. XPS files are not blocked.
Step 5: Install or repair the Microsoft XML 6.0
For Windows 8:-
- Float the mouse in the Upper or Lower right-hand corner and pick the ‘Magnifying Glass’.
- Type ‘Command‘ and select the ‘Command Prompt‘.
- Choose the option on the bottom bar to ‘Run as administrator‘.
- Enter the admin password and click ‘Allow‘.
- Type in ‘sfc/scannow’.
Related Article: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6010?
For Windows 7 or Windows Vista:-
- Click ‘Start’ on windows.
- Select ‘All programs> Accessories‘.
- Choose Command Prompt and run as Administrator.
- Enter the administrator password or click ‘Allow‘.
- Type in ‘sfc/scannow‘.
Step 6: Make a new template for your form
- Create a new template for your form by getting help from ‘creating new templates‘.
- Modify the template on your transactions.
- Then, create your .pdf file.
Solution 3: Delete or rename the Printer file
If the above solutions don’t fix the error then, you need to follow this solution by deleting the damaged files and creating new files.
- Search and find the files.
- Do not delete them but ‘Rename’ them to something such as ‘qbprint.old’ & ‘wpr.old’.
- Then, ‘Run’ QuickBooks and ‘Open Company’
- Select ‘File’ > ‘Printer Setup’
- Now select any transaction in the ‘Form Name’ and click ‘OK‘ button.
- The above solution will make you reset your printer settings in the software.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
Solution 4: Verify whether the reconcile windows is off of the screen
After the user opts for reconcile option from the banking menu, if the QuickBooks seems to lockup, but the PDF functions continues to work, then the reconcile window might appear off screen. The user needs to carry out the steps below:
- First of all, the user needs to select the Windows menu and then look in the list to see if the reconcile window is listed or not.
- The user is then required to opt for the close all option and start with the reconcile again option.
The article given above provides all the elaborated content and information about the QuickBooks print and Pdf errors. We hope that this article can inform you about all the major causes of this error so that you can prevent your software from this article.
Also, the solutions provided in this article will surely fix this print and PDF error in QuickBooks and resolve all your problems regarding it. However, if you face any other doubt or issue, kindly contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1(844)521-0490 and ask your doubts to our tech experts who will help you all around and anytime.
You may also like: