Well, as the error itself says, it is an update error. QuickBooks update error 1328 might be seen when updating QuickBooks. Such an error could show up as a single error or before another error, and also the files referenced by these errors are usually like C:\ config.msi\ PT ** TMP. If you are also facing any such error, then reading this segment can be of great assistance.
To get a better insight into QuickBooks update error 1328, its causes, and fixes, make sure to read this article carefully till the end. Or you can also contact our tech support team for any further technical assistance using our toll-free customer support number.
You might also: Mend QuickBooks Online (QBO) Login Problems on Chrome
What causes QuickBooks update error 1328?
There are handful of factors causing such an error. These factors include the following:
- In case the installation of software has some invalid entries left in the windows registry
- Or, if there is any malware or virus attack
- Another reason can be if the software is corrupted
- Or in case there is any trouble in downloading the software
- In case of improper system shutdown due to power failure
- Or network error occurs when downloading the QuickBooks software.
What are the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 1328?
Following can be the signs to identify the QuickBooks update error 1328. Let us have a look:
- In case the user is incapable of updating QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, if the user is unable to install or uninstall QuickBooks
- Another sign of such an error can be response time becoming high
- Or if the error itself appears on the screen
- The user might also be able to identify the issue if the QuickBooks stops or gets damaged.
Methods that can be performed to remove error 1328
The user can perform the following methods, to easily rectify the QuickBooks error 1328. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Using Registry repair tool
- The very first step here is to apply any registry repair tool and repair the damaged registry entries that are related to the QuickBooks application
- Another step can be using a malware removal tool, and let the users fix any type of malware infectious attack from the system, and get rid of all malware attacks from a system
- The next step is to remove all the unwanted or junk files from the system
- It is essential to uninstall all the outdated PC device drivers
- Restore it by doing undo through recent system changes, this applies your windows system
- Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
- Run windows system file checker by scanning
- Install all essential windows updates
Method 2: Locate the config.msi file
- The first step is to right click on the start key and then select explore
- Double click the C drive key
- This will display all the hidden files or as folders
- Click on tools options and after that select folder
- Now hit a click to view the tab option and then select all hidden files as well as folders
- Click on the apply all changes you have been made and press ok tab
- This appears to operate all necessary system files
- Right click on config.msi and select rename it
- At the end of the filename, add old and hit enter key
- This will hide and protect the operating system files including all necessary hidden files and folders again on the system.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Method 3: Reinstall using clean install
- Make an uninstallation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Make a clean installation of QuickBooks
- Select one of the given options that as discussed here
- The first option is to make installation process of a QuickBooks of a QuickBooks as directly from the installation CD drive
- The user can also be installed QuickBooks software through a downloaded file as given into the system
- Directly installed QuickBooks software from a CD
- Download or simply install QuickBooks program with the help of a manual guide or a user can ask expert advice that is the best option to get quick assistance in less time.
You may also read: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Method 4: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- At first, the user needs to download and install QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- After that save the file on the desktop
- Close all the open programs and then run the QBInstall tool
- It should be noted that installation process takes around 20 minutes to complete depending on the internet speed and system’s performance
- Reboot the system after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated
Method 5: Repair the QuickBooks installation process
- By asking admin permissions, it needs to log through the windows
- Open the windows control panel tab and select programs and features
- This will locate the QuickBooks product heading section and select it and click to uninstall them by changing any tab
- Select the repair tab when QuickBooks installer appears
- Run QB application on the system, then need to apply patch when it completes
- In case a user is fortunate then only the patch will be applied
- In case the error persists, then reach out for technical assistance.
By the end of this article, it is expected that the user might be able to get rid of the QuickBooks update error 1328. However, if you are unable to get rid of the issue even after performing the steps above, then in that case it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support professionals at 1(844)521-0490 and let them work on your behalf.