No doubt, QuickBooks is reliable accounting software that offers a comprehensive accounting solution to entrepreneurs all across the globe. This software ensures outstanding and super smooth management of the accounting and bookkeeping activities, at the same time it delivers the performance outcomes. For professionals and entrepreneurs, this software has become the go-to product, when it comes to managing the business financial activities with much effortlessness. A solid database makes this kind of performance possible.
But when it comes to technicalities, codes, and algorithms, the QuickBooks user might encounter certain bugs. The positive aspect of this software is that the Intuit database behind it is quite competent in handling pressures and growing demands, as well as the errors that might hinder the smooth working. Considering this, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing about QuickBooks company file data damage problem. This article is dedicated to the simple process that the users can follow, in order to get rid of the QuickBooks company file data damage error.
However, a quick fix for the issue can be to consult our support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our team of experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you round the clock assistance for every QuickBooks associated issue.
Related article: How to access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
Signs to detect corruption in QuickBooks Company file
- Bugs just like “A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing” in the Verify data Utility or “Verify Target: Values in minor do not match major” on the screen or in the Qbwin.log file.
- Another sign can be if the QuickBooks suddenly shutdowns on making an attempt to save or delete a transaction.
- Erroneous reports just like the balance sheets, where the total of Assets doesn’t tally with that of Liabilities and Equity.
- If the QuickBooks is running slowly, or the operations are taking longer than in general, then the user might face any such issue.
- If your paid bills or invoices are showed as unpaid, then there might be chances of corruption in data file.
- Is any of your transaction and entry missing from the lists? If yes, then this can be the sign of QuickBooks company file data damage.
- If a negative balance remaining is shown in the transaction history, it might be a sign of such error.
Well, it should be noted that it is not actually difficulty to spot the error. It all depends upon observing the working of the software closely. In case the users come across any of the above-listed symptoms, then they should understand that there might be some issue with QuickBooks company file data.
What instigated QuickBooks company file corruption?
- If your file data size exceeds the healthy limit, these issues are quite normal.
- Or if there is lack of resources just like the RAM, network interface cards, network cables, virtual memory, etc, then you might end up in this type of issue.
- If you hard drive is attacked by any kind of virus, then this might lead to such error.
- Inappropriate shutdown of the system, because of any kind of technical factor might lead to such kind of issue.
- And the list continues…………..
QuickBooks company file data damage can be really annoying, confusing, as well as time consuming. Therefore, we have some preventive measures that the users can take, in order to avoid these kinds of issues. Let us have a look:
Go for a hard-wired network over wireless one:
For the ones who have wireless network, it is highly recommended to switch to a hard-wired network. As wireless network augments the risk of dropped connections, ultimately leading to data file issues. A hard wired network can be a great fix for avoiding these issues more stringently.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Payroll Error 403?
In the very first line in the Product information window, the user can find the release number. With the help of this release number and using the latest patch, this type of issue can be resolved.
Keep an eye on the list size:
The user is required to keep an eye on the list limits in QuickBooks Pro and Premier. This is very much important, as there won’t be any sign for reaching the upper limit. Also, note that the inactive list items do not count in this list.
Ensure the file size is in limit:
With the file size 250 MB, QuickBooks Pro and Premier work smoothly. Once the file size touches 500 MB, the file might slow down. Though, QuickBooks Enterprise works properly with 500 MB, but issues might occur with 750 MB file. Thus, it is recommended to make sure to maintain the file in the prescribed limit, in order avoid any kind of issue.
Quick fixes to resolve data damage on QuickBooks company file
In case the user suspects the data issues in QuickBooks company file, he/she may opt for any of the below stated fixes. Let us explore each of the methods one by one.
Step 1: Run the Verify and Rebuild data
- First of all, the user is required to open the data file, followed by logging in as administrator.
- Once done with that, choose the Single user more, and then begin with the data verification process by tapping on to the File > Utilities > Rebuild data.
- Now, the user is supposed to make a local copy of the data file form the server.
- Permit temporary hosting on the system where it is copied.
- The user will then have to wait for some time, as at times the system might display the message that QuickBooks is not responding, then in that case wait for it to complete.
- After that, click on OK tab after receiving the message stating “Rebuild has completed”, and move ahead to carry out the verify utility process.
Important note: The entire rebuild process takes even more time. Also, the user is required to ensure that they do not interrupt the process until it finishes. Until the process completes, the user is suggested to stop using the system on which it is initiated.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
Step 2: Run the verify Utility
- The user is required to click on the file menu, and then on utilities option. Along with that select the verify data option.
- In the next step, click OK on the message you receive, which would help you in accessing the company file.
- After that, the user will get a prompt to rebuild now or view error, in case the verify utility found any issue with data.
- Once done with that, the user is recommended to just click on the close option and consult some professionals.
Troubleshoot the data damage issue in QuickBooks desktop for Mac
If you want to record back in order, then re-sorting the lists can really work in your favor. In case you have manually changed the order of a list, then re-sorting it will undo the changes.
Detect problem transactions using reports
Running the balance sheet in cash and accrual basis
- The first step is to visit the reports menu, followed by selecting the company & financial option, and then hit the balance sheet detail option.
- In the next step, the user is required to choose either accrual or cash option under the accounting method. The point to be noted here is that if the total assets don’t tally with the equity and liability section, then in that case the user is required to determine the transaction causing the issue.
Evaluate the account report totals to balances on the chart of accounts.
- The user is required to evaluate and compare the total in the Open Invoices report to the accounts receivable balance on the Chart of accounts.
- Also, compare the overall in the unpaid bills report to the Accounts payable balance on the chart of accounts. In case the total doesn’t match the balance, then the user is required to check the transaction causing the problem. The user is then required to backup the company file, after that delete and re-enter the transaction.
Merge damaged accounts, items or names
Merge damaged accounts
- The very first step is to visit the lists menu, then choose the Chart of Accounts.
- The next step is to hold the Control key, then choose the damaged account. Then, select the Edit Account.
- After that, add an asterisk to the name and hit on Cancel.
- Now, the user is required to hold the control key and choose any account.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select new account.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to select the appropriate type, and then enter the original name of the problem account.
- The next step is to select OK button.
- And move ahead, by holding the Control key, and then choose the edit account option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to remove the asterisk from the account name, and then choose OK button.
- The last and final step is to select Yes to confirm that want to merge the two items.
Merge damaged items
- The first step is to visit the Lists menu, and then select the Items.
- Then, the next step is to press the Control key and then choose the damaged item, followed by selecting the Edit item option.
- The next step is to add asterisk to the name of the item, and then choose Cancel option.
- Now, hold the control key and then choose any item.
- Followed by selecting New Item.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select the appropriate type, and then enter the original name of the problem item.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to select OK button.
- In the next step, the user has to tap on the Control key and choose the original item and select Edit item.
- The user is required to remove the asterisk from the item name and hit OK.
- The last step is to tap on Yes and confirm that the user want to merge the two items.
Merge damaged names
- The first step is to open the corresponding center for the type of name you are merging.
- The next step is to tap on the control key and then choose the damaged name and hit the edit option.
- After that, the user is required to add an asterisk to the name and then choose cancel.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to hold the control key and choose any name.
- Then, hit New option.
- Now, the user is required to select the appropriate type, and then enter the original name.
- And hit Ok to move ahead.
- Moving forward, once again tap on the control key and choose the original name, followed by selecting the Edit option.
- The next step is to remove the asterisk (*) from the name, and move to the last step by hitting OK button.
- Lastly, the user is required to choose Yes and confirm that the user wants to merge the two names.
Removing the memorized reports or transactions
Delete Memorized Transactions
- To begin with, the user is required to visit the List menu, and then choose the Memorized transactions.
- The next step in this process is to select the transaction that the user wants to delete.
- And then move to the Edit menu, and then select the choose Delete memorized transaction.
- The last step is to choose the Ok option, in order to delete the memorized transaction.
Delete memorized reports
- The first step in this process is to visit the Reports menu and then choose the Report center.
- Followed by selecting the report that the user wants to delete, and then select the name once.
- Then choose the red X, and then tap on Ok to delete the memorized report.
Free tools to fix the company file issues in QuickBooks
Although the manual method is the easiest one to carry out, but might take a lot of time to complete. A quick approach for the same can be to use a free tool for repairing the Resolve data damage on your company file QuickBooks company file:
Some of the free tools that can help to repair the company file are as follows:
QuickBooks File doctor tool
The QuickBooks file doctor tool fixes certain issues associated with QuickBooks company file and data corruption, also issues such as Windows setup problems, and network setup problems.
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
QuickBooks component repair tool
With the help of QuickBooks component repair tool, the users can fix the issues that stop the software from running smoothly.
The user can re-register the various QuickBooks related components with Microsoft Windows.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks crash com error?
These were a few of the tools that can be used by the QuickBooks users, in case the manual method fails to fix the data damage problem in QuickBooks desktop. However, if the user still faces any kind of issue, or if the user is unable to tackle the issue, then it is recommended to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
We own a pool of experts and certified professionals, who are well-versed in dealing with all sorts of issues associated with QuickBooks. Thus, feel free to talk to our support team and get answers to all your queries.
Some other helpful articles: