A Comprehensive guide to repair QuickBooks desktop for Windows
QuickBooks accounting software has marked its presence in the accounting industry from almost a decade. This software has completely transformed the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting and bookkeeping activities because of their intuitiveness. At times, QB users encounter errors that require repairing the QuickBooks desktop software for windows. Keeping all those facts in mind, we have come up with this post, where we will be sharing the tips and tricks to repair QuickBooks desktop for Windows. Thus, to know more read this post carefully.
Or if you feel that repairing QuickBooks is not your cup of tea, then do not hesitate in dialing our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490. Our experts and certified professionals will guide you with the process to repair or will repair the software for you.
Steps to Repair errors of QuickBooks desktop for Windows
In case the user gets an error while using, installing, or at the time of updating the software, then in that case the very first thing to do is to run the repair tool. This tool can help the user in fixing some of the common QuickBooks errors right away, however, you might need professional help using the tool. The QuickBooks repair tool can help the user in getting back to the right track in least possible time. Later in this post, we will be mentioning the steps to use the repair tool.
Steps to run the Repair tool to fix common issues
In order to repair QuickBooks and fix the common issues, the steps below could be followed:
- The user should first backup the company file, if haven’t already
- And also, reboot the system, which ensures that there are no programs affecting the repair.
- Another important point is to open the windows Start menu and then select the Control panel
- The point to be noted here is that if you are a Windows 8 or 8.1 user, the search for Control Panel in the Windows start menu
- After that select Programs and features, followed by uninstalling a program.
- In case the user is unable to spot the Programs and Features, then user can opt for programs instead.
- And then, the user should opt for QuickBooks from the list of Programs, then Uninstall/Change.
- Moving ahead, the user should click on Continue and then hit Next
- Followed by, clicking on Repair and then again hit next
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6010?
- The next step in the process is to select Finish after the process ends.
- And then update the QuickBooks software to the latest release.
- Go to QuickBooks menu, Choose help > Update QuickBooks
- The user needs to ensure to have the most recent fixes and security update and you are good to go.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks web connector?
What can be done if the user encounters error during a repair?
There can be a situation like the user encounters the error at the time of repair. In such a situation, the user shouldn’t worry, rather should carry out the steps we have mentioned below:
Resolving “files in use” error in QuickBooks
One of the errors that the user might encounter can be “files in use” error. This error comes up with an error message indicating files in use or something similar. In order to resolve this bug, the user can carry out the steps listed below:
- The very first step is to choose the Ignore option. In case the user gets a pop-up message appears on the screen to restart the system, the user should click on OK tab and reboot the system. Also, the point to be noted here is that the user probably be required to select ignore a few times as well.
- However, if the Ignore option is not visible, then in that case the user can opt for Close tab. After the repair process comes to an end, the user should reboot the system once.
Resolving Error 1628: Failed to complete script-based install
The QuickBooks error code 1628 can be seen, especially if the windows service named as Windows installer stops working properly somehow. This error can be a bit difficult for the QB users to tackle. Hence, it is recommended to consult a professional help.
Other effective methods
Other than the above mentioned methods, the user can opt for a couple of solutions and repair the QuickBooks desktop.
Install diagnostic tool
This particular tool can be used to fix unexpected errors like the 1935, 1903, 1603, 1722, etc. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- The very first step is to close all QuickBooks related programs
- After that, from download and install QuickBooks tools hub from Intuit’s site
- And then, follow the steps for installation and also read and agree to the terms and conditions
- The user will then have to open the program by double clicking on icon from desktop, or the user can also search for QuickBooks tool hub
- The next step is to open installation issues in the tool hub
- And also, select QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Lastly, reboot the system and check if the software is repaired or not
Reconstructing the Microsoft MSXML
In case any of the MSXML files are damaged, the QuickBooks software might not work properly. In such a scenario, fixing these files is recommended. This can be done as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to register the MSXML DLL files
- And then, the user can also try uninstall MSXML 6.0 file and also clean install it
- The next step is to download and install MSXML 6.0 SP1
- And lastly, repair MSXML 6
You may also read: How to Resolve Cannot Open QuickBooks Company File Error?
Well, we end the blog post here, with the hope that the information that we have shared above will help in repairing QuickBooks desktop. However, if by any chance the user is unable to repair the QuickBooks desktop software even after following the above step, then in that case, feel free to contact us via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
Our QuickBooks enterprise support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services and also will repair the QuickBooks desktop software for you.
Other helpful topics you may like