Learn how you can rebuild QuickBooks data file to fix the corruption in 6 easy steps:
QuickBooks accounting software does a lot of heavy lifting for small and mid-sized business owners. It performs many of the crucial tasks such as tracking transactions, creating invoices, preparing taxes and keeping important data safe. It’s advanced and supported by experts that keep publishing new updates and upgrades to make it more user-friendly. But since it’s a computer software, like any another software, error and glitches aren’t rare. A wide range of issues that the QuickBooks users face are related to their company files. A corrupt file can cost you not only a great amount of time to gather up all the information again and creating a fresh one but also will postpone other projects which you were supposed to be completing in the time being.
If you too are facing a file corruption issue then read on this article as we are going to discuss all there is to know about how to rebuild QQB Data file to fix the corruption. Firstly, we will learn about the reasons as well as the effects of a QuickBooks Data File being corrupted and then we will complete it with the steps that are required in order to fix the corruption. So, let’s get started. But before that if you have any doubt or if you are seeking for any technical assistance, then you can call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our \support team will be there to assist you immediately.
Read this Also: Steps to resolve #QuickBooks Error 61689
What is the Indication of a QuickBooks Data file being corrupted?
Corruption of data files is one of the most common issues that QuickBooks users face. This is because data files are the essence of the software and all the details of the transactions are stored in them. Whenever due to some software issue or third party activity there are unforeseen changes in the data file, there is a chance of it getting corrupted or damaged at the very least. So, following are some of the traits to realise if a QB Data file being corrupted:
- When a deposited payment comes up in the section of Deposit section
- In case a name is found missing from the list
- If the transactions saved in the data file are either missing or are displayed inaccurately in the desktop window
- Whenever data checkups are running to ensure that the files are error-free and an error pops up
- In case they are some missing accounts from the balance sheet reports which were supposed to be there.
You may also read: How to Convert Data File From QuickBooks Online to Desktop?
How to Rebuild QuickBooks Data File Documents?
There are a couple of methods that the user can opt for in order to repair the data damage in QuickBooks company file. We will be exploring each of the methods one by one. So, let us have a look:
Method 1: Repairing the company file using the Rebuild data tool
So, as now we know the indication which displays in case of a data file being corrupted, let us move on to understand the procedure with which we can Rebuild QuickBooks data file. Please ensure that all the steps which are mentioned below should be followed in the order they are mentioned as it will ensure that the corrupted data files will be fixed.
Step 1: Start with going to the desktop and open QuickBooks
Step 2: Once in QuickBooks Desktop, Click on the File option which is present on the Menu bar
Step 3: Now, click on the option of Utilities and proceed with clicking on the option of Rebuild Data
Step 4: In case, a pop-up appears with a warning message for backing up the file prior proceeding then simply click on the OK button present on the dialogue box
Step 5: Once the Rebuild of the data file will be completed, it will display the message on the screen, proceed by clicking on the OK button
Step 6: Lastly, Click on the File menu, hover the mouse over the Utility option and click on Run Verify Data to ensure that there is no remaining data damage on the system.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 100060?
Method 2: Manually fixing the company file by rebuilding the data
In case the user is comfortable in manually fixing the errors, the user can find the errors that can be fixed from the verify results window. The user needs to ensure to backup the company file. The steps involved in manually fixing the data errors are:
- The very first step is to visit the file menu and then hover over the utilities tab and then select the verify data
- Also, let the tool check the file for data issues
- Now, from the verify results screen and then choose expand all to see the errors
- The user is then required to select see online article.
You may also like: How to Access QuickBooks Remotely (QuickBooks Remote Access)?
Free Tools To Repair QuickBooks Company file
Though the manual method is expected to work and is considered to be one of the easiest methods, but it takes a lot of time to complete. Thus, it is recommended to use a free tool to repair a QuickBooks company file. Let us check out some important free tools to repair the QuickBooks company file.
- Reboot.bat: Re-registers the various QuickBooks related components with Microsoft windows
- QuickBooks Component repair tool: This tools helps the user to fix issues that prevent the QuickBooks software from running
- QuickBooks file doctor: It is designed and developed in a way to repair QuickBooks file and data corruption, windows setup problems, and network setup problems
- QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool: The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool helps in diagnosing and repairing the issues with the main focus being the Microsoft .Net framework.
So, that’s all for this blog post. We hope that you find it informative and helpful in fixing a corrupt file by rebuilding QuickBooks data. In case you have any more questions, or the issue persists, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team.
You can call our QB experts at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our accounting professionals and certified ProAdvisors will be there to assist you instantly. So, feel free to call us anytime.