Learn the easy ways to resolve the QuickBooks unrecoverable error like a Pro:
With the wide variety of services provided by Intuit QuickBooks, there are too many technical problems occurs sometimes while using QB application. Users may deal with many problems on their running program and these are generally related to data related problems, network related problems, transactions failed problems or other online problems. QuickBooks unrecoverable error comes one of them.
Unrecoverable errors indicates that the software has experienced critical application issue. This might display one of the 50 different numeric error codes consisting 10 digits in a 5-digit space. This error is often seen when the user tries to save, print, or ship icon at the top of the transaction. This error code is often annoying for the users to handle.
Considering that, we have come up with this post, where we will be talking about the ways to resolve the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. However, if you feel the need of technical assistance, then feel free to call us at 1-844-521-0490. Consulting with our support team can help you in resolving such errors with much ease.
You may also read: How to Export reports as Excel Workbooks in QuickBooks Desktop?
What is QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
QuickBooks unrecoverable error is known as one of the most common error which generally occurs when you try to open your company file or when you click on the save, print, or ship icon at the top of a transaction. This error shows that your software has experienced “critical application fault”.
Unrecoverable error generally displays different-different numeric error codes, each error contains 10 digits in a “5 digits space 5-digits” sequence. The tutorial today will guide you how to troubleshoot the QuickBooks unrecoverable errors.
Important: XXXX is one of 50 randomly generated error codes
List of Unrecoverable Errors in Quickbooks desktop
When unrecoverable errors occurs in QuickBooks, you might encounter a different error code from the scenarios given.
|02457 79428||20888 41171||13730 84631|
|00000 14775||00000 15204||00227 55008|
|00551 46274||15563 13890||13824 75582|
|19758 63847||20103 33023|
How to identify the QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
Well, identifying the error is a must, in order to begin with the rectification process. So, let us have a look at the identification process of QuickBooks unrecoverable error:
- Any sudden crash in QuickBooks at the time of opening or working with the software
- Updating process gets hindered or stopped
- In case the main program window closes, then it indicates the unrecoverable errors
- Files and transactions remain unsaved
- QuickBooks freezes or not working
When QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error occurs?
Checkout the situation when the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error occurs:-
- While trying to Start/open/access a company file
- At the time you closing a company file
- While closing any open window at a QB company file
- While Creating a backup, a company file or Creating a Portable file
- At the time of downloading a payroll update/upgrade
- While running the Verify or Rebuild functionality
- When saving a record/transaction
- At the time of sending the payroll via Direct Deposit
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Unrecoverable error codes
Unrecoverable errors can be solved in different-different ways. Let’s start them one by one.
You can also follow below given manual steps to resolve this error:
Solution 1: Suppress your QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all suppress the desktop while starting QuickBooks
- Press as well as hold the “Ctrl” key.
- Double-click the QuickBooks application icon.
- Press and hold the “Ctrl” key up until the “No Company Open” window programs.
- Suppress the desktop while opening up a company file
- Choose the desired company file from the “No Company Open” window.
- Now Press & hold the “Alt” key, then choose the “Open” icon.
- If you are redirected to the login details, release the “Alt” key first, and then type-in the user name & password. (Note: If you are not triggered to the username & password, do not release the “Alt” key.)
- After that, Press as well as hold the “Alt” key, after that click on the “OK” icon. Do not release the “Alt” key till the file is entirely open.
Important: Once you performed the above steps in your QuickBooks, This will certainly show an empty display. If you can highlight a QB menu by just hovering your pointer to it, your company file is completely open.
You may also read: How to Fix a Reconciliation Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 2: Use Auto Data Recovery to Restore the Backup
- You can restore your QuickBooks backup files with the help of QuickBooks auto data recovery procedure.
- This steps will also help you to solve the Unrecoverable errors.
Solution 3: Create a New Windows Admin
On Windows 8 as well as 7:
- On the keyboard, press the “Windows+R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” window.
- Enter the ‘Control Board’, after that choose “OK” icon.
- Choose the “User Accounts” tab, and then “Manage another account” tab.
- Select the “Create new account” tab, after that enter the name of the new account.
- Choose the “Administrator” tab, after that hit onto the “Create Account” tab.
On Windows 8.1
- Go to the “Run” window and then press the “Windows+ R” key on the keyboard.
- Enter the “Control Panel” and later, choose the “OK” button.
- Hit onto the “User Accounts” tab => “Manage another account” tab => “Other accounts” tab => “Add an account” tab.
- Select the “Sign in without a Microsoft account (not advised)”, then choose the “Local account” tab.
- Type-in the username, password, & password hint, after that choose the “Next” icon.
- The screen will go back to the “Manage Other Accounts” display. Select the freshly built account, then hit onto the “Edit” icon.
- By default, the new user is readied to typical individual. From the drop-down menu, choose the “Administrator” tab.
- Select the “OK” icon.
On Windows 10
- Click on the “Start” menu, then go to the “Settings” tab => “Accounts” tab => “Family & various other users” tab.
- Under the “Other Users” icon, choose the “Add someone else to this computer” icon.
- Choose the “I do not have this person’s sign-in info” icon, and then “Add a user without a Microsoft account”.
- Type-in the name of the new account, after that choose the “Finish” icon.
Important: Appoint a password to the new account to make sure security.
- Choose the recently produced account, and then select the “Account Type” tab.
- Select the “Administrator” tab, and then click on the “OK” icon.
Read Also: How to use QuickBooks Condense Repair tool?
Solution 4: Identify how many users are affected
Recognize the number of users are influenced by utilizing a different login credential to open the very same company file. If the error just occurs in one specific user, that individual credential could be damaged if so, recreate the damaged user.
Condition 1: A regular individual is damaged:
- In the “Company” menu, select the “Set Up Users and Passwords” tab.
- Then choose “Set Up Users” tab.
- For Enterprise users: In the “Company” menu, choose the “Users” option.
- And the click “Set Up Customers and Roles” icon.
- Hit onto the “Add User” icon…, after that enter the user name as well as password. Hit onto the “Next” icon.
Tips to Remember: Do not make use of the damaged user name.
- Customize the customer as needed, and then choose the “Finish” icon.
- In the “File” menu, choose the “Close Company/Logoff” option.
- Sign-in the QB company file utilizing the new-log in the credential.
Condition 2: The Admin user is damaged
- You need to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from here
- Install and run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The file doctor tool will auto detect the problem and try to solve it automatically.
Note: You can also download and use file doctor tool from QuickBooks tool hub that helps to fix common errors.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all you need to repair the QuickBooks application.
- After that Download and also run the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool from here.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks using clean install.
- Now manually repair your Microsoft Components. If you are not comfortable with these actions, seek advice from an IT Specialist or Microsoft support team.
- Fixing or reinstall Microsoft.NET Framework
- Fixing Microsoft MSXML
- Uninstall or re-install Microsoft Visual C++
- Run reboot.exe file
Read this also: How to Fix Common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors?
Solution 6: Run reboot.bat file
- The very first step is to find the reboot.bat file under C:\Program FIles (x860)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0
- And then right click the reboot.bat file and then run the file as admin
- Moving ahead, the user needs to open the program to check if the error is resolved or not and then reboot the system
Solution 7: Stop QuickBooks from opening all windows at start-up
This is one of the best methods to avoid QuickBooks unrecoverable error. The steps involved in this method are as follows:
- The first step is to press “Alt key“, while double clicking “QuickBooks application icon“.
- And then, when the system displays the prompt for the “user password“, the user needs to release the “Alt key” and then type in the password.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click “OK tab“, and when the application launches, and then hit “Alt key” once again.
- And the last step is to release the “Alt” key.
It should be noted that when the application launches, remember to close all windows or simply click “close all windows” from within the application before leaving.
Solution 8: Changing the way of saving the form
- The user will have to either use the save and close tab or save and new tab, which is at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- When the user is saving the transaction, he/she needs to ensure to avoid leaving the cursor on the blank line of the sales form, instead of leaving it on a line that has some item filled in.
- Now, click on to be printed before you save the transaction
- And then, to print it navigate to the file and then print forms option
- Followed by, making modifications or edit the preferences, if the error occurs
- Now, click on save under the company preferences tab
- Hit OK button to save changes
Solution 9: Run Quick Fix my Program from QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Open your QuickBooks desktop.
- Download and save QuickBooks tool hub from internet and install it to on your system.
- Open tool hub and choose Program Problems tab.
- Now choose Quick Fix my Program option.
This will help you to resolve this unrecoverable error in QuickBooks.
I hope one of the above-mentioned solutions must surely resolve the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. However, if you’re still facing it, reach out to the QuickBooks enterprise support team to get instant assistance. Dial our toll-free helpline i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
More recommended articles: