Are you searching for the right solution to fix QuickBooks server busy error? Well if yes, then your search ends with this article. QuickBooks server busy error, comes with a pop-up message displayed on the screen:
Error: Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy
Majority of the times, this pop-up message restricts the workflow, and create a lot of fuss. Finding the apt solution for this error is not that difficult, the only thing that is required is to look for the actual cause behind the error. It is important to move in synchronized manner and first find out the causes of the error and the solutions to the same.
In today’s article, we will be talking about the causes and the fixes of QuickBooks server busy error. To fix this error, the user can read the article till the end, or speak to our accounting professionals for any expert assistance. Just ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and you are good to go.
You may also read: What is the Use of QuickBooks component repair tool?
Brief into QuickBooks server busy error
When the user logs in to the QuickBooks account, the user come across an error message popping up on the screen that reads, Error: Server busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. This issue could be annoying as it directly concerns the access of QuickBooks desktop on the windows operating software based computer system. Unless the user is aware of the causes of the error, it becomes difficult to tackle through it. Read ahead and explorer further!
Trigger to QuickBooks server busy error
- One of the causes of the error can be when another program that QuickBooks is trying to work with is waiting for a response from the user.
- Also, when the windows update is running in the background.
- This type of could also be seen when the QuickBooks desktop was unable to shut down properly.
- In case the network doesn’t have sufficient resources to run the QB accounting software.
- Any kind of conflict with Intuit ProSeries or Profile might also cause a conflict.
- And the list goes on………………
Methods to fix the server busy error in QuickBooks
Before jumping on to the quick fixes, the user is first required to check the network resources, and then the user close and reopen the QuickBooks accounting software. In case the user continues to receive the error message, then he/she can proceed to the rectification methods listed below:
Method #1: Close all open programs
The very first method is to close all the open programs. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In case there are any open programs, the user is required to ensure that there is no dialog box open in that program, as it could lead to server busy error message.
- Programs such as, Norton, Google desktop, Windows defender, Vista Security, or Pivot Software control can also be a reason behind the error.
- It should also be noted that if the user is making use of Selective startup in Windows, then he/she should stop Intuit FCS.
- Also, webroot spy sweeper can also cause this kind of error. Thus, the user is required to disable the Spy Sweeper, or run the same in the Gamer mode.
Read also: How to handle QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
Method #2: Checking Windows update
In case the above method doesn’t work, you can move to the next one. In this method, the user is supposed to see if the Windows is installing an update, on the windows taskbar system tray. If there are any updates available, then let it complete. Then, reboot the system, as directed by the Windows.
Read this also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
Method #3: Closing all the QuickBooks desktop components
Another solution can be to close all QuickBooks desktop components open in the background. This would resolve the issue up to a great extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user is required to close the data file and then exit the QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done with that, right-click the Windows taskbar and then choose the task manager.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to click on the Processes tab.
- And then, the user is supposed to end any of the QB related processes, if they are listed.
- And then, open the QuickBooks desktop and also the data file.
Method #4: Eliminate QuickBooks update displaying the Server busy message
Eliminating the QuickBooks update displaying the server busy message might be another effective method to fix the error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user is required to open start menu, and then click on All programs option.
- The next step is to select startup, and then right-click QuickBooks Update agent, followed by selecting date and then click on the delete shortcut.
- Once done with that, the user is required to turn off the shared updates in QuickBooks desktop:
- Visit help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- After that click on the Options tab.
- And then, tap on No for the share download option.
- The last step is to click on close option.
You may also like: How to Access QuickBooks Remotely (QuickBooks Remote Access)?
Method #5: Run Reboot.bat
In case the problem continues, the user can run the Reboot.bat file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, right-click QuickBooks desktop icon on the desktop. The next step in the process is to select Properties option. And then opt for Open file location option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select the Shortcuts option from the properties menu. Followed by, right-clicking the reboot.bat file. After that, the user is required to select Run as Administrator.
- The user will then see a command window with rapidly scrolling file names. It should be noted that do not manually close the window, as the window will close automatically when the reboot.bat file utility gets complete.
See Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Method #6: Clean installation of QuickBooks desktop
Clean installation of QuickBooks desktop can also help in fixing the issue. The steps involved in this process are listed below:
- The user is required to ensure that clean install is right for the person.
- Also, gather information and then back-up the data.
- The next step is to uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- After that download and install QuickBooks Tools hub.
- Now open QuickBooks tool hub and navigate to the installation issues.
- Once done with that the user is required to run the clean install tool.
- And finally reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
In case the Intuit ProSeries is installed on the system
- Firstly, the user is required to check the Windows Task Manager for qbpsevntXXr.exe.
- After that, open the Windows explorer.
- And then, the user is required to spot and open the Intuit ProSeries folder for that year.
- The next step is open the 32 bit folder.
- Once done with that, the user is required to spot qbpsevntXXr.exe, and then right click and pick Rename.
- Now, insert old to the fine name.
- And lastly, close the Windows explorer.
In case the above –steps didn’t work in your favor carry out the following:
- The user can boot the SafeMode from the Windows, with Networking and then start QuickBooks desktop. After that reboot the Windows in normal mode. Hopefully, this would resolve the issue.
- Running QuickBooks desktop and carry out necessary actions in Windows selective startup, followed by windows safe mode.
- The user can reboot the system and then reconnect it to all the mapped drives, in case of QuickBooks desktop is running on a network.
- Another alternative is to identify if the backup or mirroring software is running on the network or server. In case it is running, then it might be actively scanning the hard drive and also blocking the access to QuickBooks files, ultimately leading to this type of error. In such a case, the user is supposed to temporarily disable the software and check whether the problem continues. If not, then there might certain conflict with the scanning software, which could be resolved with the help of system or network administrator, or a local computer consultant, etc.
- In case there are any types of security software installed on the server machine, then this might be scanning new or updated files in the background, and hence locking up the template file. If you do not want this to happen, then it is important to either disable the security software or add .DOC files to the exception lost. Also, the user is required to take a look at the security software’s documentation for steps on how to do this.
Read this also: How to Fix Common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors?
Method #7 Repairing QuickBooks
The last method that one can opt for is to repair QuickBooks. For Windows 7, 8/8.1, and 10. The installation wizard usually runs the repair, therefore the user should not be misled by references to the installation wizard.
- The user needs to first reboot the system to shut unnecessary programs obstructing QuickBooks
- After that the user needs to backup the company file
You may also like: How you can access QuickBooks remotely?
This drives us to the end of this article and also to the end of the solutions list. We have listed numerous methods to fix: server busy error in QuickBooks desktop, and we expect that with the help of this information, the user will be able to fix this error with much ease. However, if by any chance none of the methods work in your favor, the user can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team.
Getting in touch with our customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, will help in fixing this bug without any hassle.
You’ll also like: