Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is very popular accounting software used by many small and medium sized businesses owing to the range of benefits it offers. Web connector is used by QuickBooks in order to show all the web-based pages. Script errors in QuickBooks occurs when the commands can not be executed correctly due to some program issues or it can be caused due to the incorrect settings inside the web browser. When a user tries to access the QuickBooks, he/her may see script error.
“A problem has taken place in the script of this page”
What is Script Error in QuickBooks?
The errors which confuse a user about their existence. This is because a user encounters this error while opening QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks script error gives no information like why the error has been caused. Moreover, it also does not show any error message which one can understand.
When a user looks at the QB program and finds that a specified web page is not loading which means that there is a problem in the script of that page. This error is not related to the safety of the page rather it is a minor error which is simply mounted and never break your files or cause any data loss.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 15106?
What causes QuickBooks Script errors?
There can be various possible reasons behind to the QuickBooks Script errors. Few are given below:
- Importing a dealing that has an account which was not created before the import
- Importing bill or invoice which has account different from assets or accounts due
- May be the account name and account number are already present
- In case the script processing functions are disabled or blocked
- Or if any sort of malware infection is present in the system
- In case the user is getting intermittent script error with one website
- If the Active X components gets damaged or missing, then the user can end up in this error
It has been noticed that Script Errors are usually associated with the Internet Explorer as QuickBooks uses it engine by default.
When you try to look at a webpage from QuickBooks, the webpage may not load or won’t be useful to you in a specific manner which simply means that “A problem has taken place in the script of this page” and a similar message is also displayed.
Read also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Easy steps to resolve QuickBooks script error
Before you start performing any steps, then turn the notification off for every script error in Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9.
Solution 1: Add Intuit as a trusted site
The user can also resolve this issue by adding Intuit as a trusted site. The steps to be performed in this method are as follows:
- In Internet Explorer, choose the Gear icon at the top right.
- After that the user is required to move to the tools section on the Internet explorer browser and then visit the security tab
- After that, the user needs to select the trusted sites and then hit the sites tab
- The next step is to enter the https://*.intuit.com and click on add, in the add this website to the zone field. After that, the user needs to repeat the same steps for https://*.quickbooks.com
- Moving ahead, the user is required to click on close and get out of the trusted sites window
- Once done with that, the user needs to choose the custom level….. and then scroll down to Miscellaneous
- Now, under the allow cross domain requests, and then select enable option and hit OK button
- The next step is to hit on apply and OK tab to close the internet options window
- And the, last step is to reboot the internet explorer and apply changes
Solution 2: Disabling Add-ons on the Internet explorer
The user is highly recommended to ensure that there are no add-ons in the default browser or Internet explorer. If present, then make sure to disable them as soon as possible.
- In the initial step, the user needs to visit the Tools section in the Internet explorer
- After that, the user will have to select the Internet options
- Followed by selecting the programs to move ahead
- The next step is to click on manager add-ons
- And lastly, select the disable add-ons option and hit OK to confirm the selection
See it also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks abort error like a Pro
Solution 3: Clearing the default browser’s cache data
The user needs to clear the cache data of the default browser, if any of the cookies, history or any temporary internet files are resulting in script error. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to choose the tools in the internet explorer
- And then, click on the internet options and then carry out the same action for the general tab
- The next step is to click the delete option under the browser history
- After that, the user needs to check-mark the options to delete before you confirm the selections
- Now, click OK and you are done with the process
In case the error continues, there are a couple of methods that the user can implement, in order to resolve the script errors.
- Configuring Internet browser to work with QuickBooks payments and other applications
- The user can also update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release
You may also like: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Solution 4: Basic Troubleshooting steps
- In Internet Explorer, Go to Tools menu and select Internet Options
- If you are not able to find the Tools menu, then press Alt key which will display all the hidden menus.
- Select Advanced tab.
- Click to clear the display a notification for every script error box
- Now, click OK button.
These steps will help you rectify QuickBooks Script Error. But in case, if you face any problem and are not able to fix it, then you can contact a QuickBooks Technician at our QuickBooks enterprise customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490 which is toll-free.
Our technicians are available round the clock to support you. We provide a reliable support service for QuickBooks users.
Other helpful articles