Are you facing QuickBooks runtime errors and don’t know how to deal with it? Well, need not to worry anymore, today’s post is completely based on the processes to fix QuickBooks runtime errors. Runtime errors basically indicate the errors that are seen when opening QuickBooks after the installation of the third party integrated application on a system running windows 7 or vista. The runtime errors often come up with an error message stating as:
“Runtime error! Program: C:ProgramFilesIntuitQuickBooks 20XXqbw32.exe”.
This means that the application has requested the runtime to terminate. QuickBooks desktop runtime errors might seem to be quite frustrating to handle, but can be resolved by carrying out the processes we have listed in this article. So, make sure that you read the article carefully. Moreover, an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our support team via our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
Methods to resolve the runtime errors in QuickBooks
Now that you are well versed about QuickBooks runtime errors, let us check out the processes with which these errors can be resolved:
Method 1: Running QuickBooks with no data
The user can try to run QuickBooks with no data, in order to resolve the runtime errors. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then check if the QBW.exe file is running
- After that, if the QBW.EXE file is listed, then click on the file and select End process in order to stop it
- The next step is to right click on the QuickBooks icon, in order to press and hold Ctrl and then click on open while keeping the key down.
- Now, the user will be permitted to access the QuickBooks without data being connected to the account
And then the user can check if the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Closing all open Windows
- In order to close all open programs, the user needs to press Ctrl + Alt +Del keys and check if QBW.EXE is running
- And then ensure that it is not running, followed by right clicking the icon
- The user is then required to press ctrl key and hold it and click on open
- Followed by pressing Alt key from the no company open screen
- Now, continue pressing it and click on open to launch the QuickBooks company file
- This will open the company file and will keep other windows from opening
Method 3: Rebooting the system
- Many times, a simple restart can work in fixing the error
- After which the user can click the Windows key and then select shut down or restart tab
- Also, the user can press the power tab to turn the system off and then back on
- The last step is to allow PC to reboot and launch QuickBooks again
Method 4: Renaming QBW.INI file
The last method to resolve the issue is to rename the QBW.INI file. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user can rename the QBW.INI file by using windows file search tool to find the file on the system.
- After that, right click it and select rename option.
- And then locate QBW.INI file, followed by right clicking the name of the file to .OLD extension.
- The last step is to save the changes by pressing Enter key.
- Now, try opening the file to check if the error persists.
In case the error occurs during payroll setup, then the below steps would definitely work:
- The user is required to select start and run in Windows
- After that, in the open box, enter msconfig and click on OK tab
- The next step is to click on the general tab in the system configuration utility window and then select selective startup
- Now, the user needs to clear the load startup items under the selective startup. And avoid clearing other checkboxes
- Once done with that click on OK button.
- And also, reboot the system
- After that the user is recommended to open QuickBooks and complete the payroll setup
- Followed by carrying out the three initial steps again
- Now, under the selective startup, check the load startup items box and reset the computer to normal mode
- The last step is to restart the system when asked to and you are good to go.
To wrap it up!
The QuickBooks runtime errors can be easily resolved, if the above stated methods are followed in a proper manner. However, if the error persists even after following these steps, then we recommend you to immediately consult a team of professionals and let them fix the error for you. You can simply contact our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our experts and certified ProAdvisor’s.
Other helpful articles: