Here is how you can resolve QuickBooks has stopped working, not responding or won’t open issues:
QuickBooks accounting software streamlines the business accounting process, but it might have certain technical snags that can at times interrupt the working. As per the complaints of QB users, they are facing an error while using the software. QuickBooks has stopped working issue can be very annoying for the users to tackle. Thus, keeping that in mind, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the various available solutions to get rid of this kind of issue. With the help of this article, the user can learn the ways to tackle the issue QuickBooks has stopped Working or QuickBooks is not responding.
When you try to open QuickBooks Desktop you may see the following error message on your screen:
However for expert assistance, you can simply get in touch with our technical support team, and let our experts and certified accounting professionals fix this issue for you. Simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490 and our team will be there to assist you in a single call.
You may also like: Resolve QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to outlook error
Common Issues with QuickBooks Desktop
Following are the common problems that you may face in your QuickBooks desktop:
|QuickBooks Not Working
|QuickBooks Not Responding
|QB Not Opening
|QuickBooks is Not Online
|QB Won’t Open
|QuickBooks multi-user Mode Not Working
|QuickBooks Freezing Up
|QB Backup not Working
|QuickBooks Installation Error
|QuickBooks Has stopped working
|Sync Manager not Working
|QB has Stopped working in multi-user
List of reasons behind the occurrence of the errors
QuickBooks is not working or not responding error is a commonly encountered error, and can occur due to many reasons. Few possible causes are as follows:
- The very first cause can be, when the hard drive is corrupted.
- Or you may have a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file might also end up in this type of issue.
- Damaged windows operating system can also turn out to this error.
- If your company file name is too long, then you might face such issues.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation can also be a valid cause for these kind of errors.
- Damaged program files or you may have corruption on your hard drive
- Low system resources can also be one of the options causing the issue
Read this also: What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123, 0? (Causes & Solutions)
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks stopped working
The following symptoms can help the users to identify the error and look for ideal solutions:
- Your System shuts down
- QuickBooks is not responding or not working error message repeatedly comes on screen:
- Device freezes and doesn’t respond to inputs
- Your QB software doesn’t open
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error Code 176103?
Steps to resolve QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding error
Well, QuickBooks stopped working error can be very frustrating and problematic for the users to tackle with. Thus, we will be discussing the quick fixes to these errors that the users can implement and make the software work well again. Check out the following actions in order to “fix QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding issue“.
Solution 1: Download and Use QuickBooks Refresher (QBRefresher) Tool
This error can be solved with the help of QB refresher tool. This is a most advanced tool that is specially designed to troubleshoot QuickBooks common errors by Intuit. Using this tool might involve certain steps that are listed below:
Checkout the quick steps to use this tool:
- First of all, it is important to close the QuickBooks software.
- The next step is to ‘Download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool‘ from here.
- The user is then required to ‘Save‘ this file on the PC.
- And when, the download process completes, hit the ‘Run‘ option to execute the QBRefresher tool.
- This tool will automatically diagnose the running problem with QuickBooks and also will carry out the required to resolving methods.
- To end the process, the user needs to open the QB and verify whether the problem is solved or not.
Read Also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Some of the common errors can be easily fixed with QuickBooks Tool hub.
- The very first step in this process is to close QuickBooks
- And then, download the QuickBooks tool hub file. Followed by saving it somewhere it can be easily accessed
- The next step is to open the file downloaded earlier
- And then carry out the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- And lastly, after the install finishes, the user needs to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
You may also read: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Step 2: The next step is to run Quick fix my program from the tool hub
It should be noted that the Quick fix will shut down any open background processes the software uses. This tool will run a quick repair on the program.
- For this, the user needs to select the program problems in QuickBooks tool hub
- And then select the quick fix my program
- After that, open QuickBooks desktop and then open the data file
Related article: How to fix QuickBooks registration file error?
Step 3: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool diagnoses and fixes the issue on its own and fix damaged with Microsoft components QuickBooks program uses.
- The very first step to do is to open the QuickBooks tool hub, if its not open in advanced
- And then, the user needs to opt for the installation issues, in the tool hub
- Followed by selecting the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Now, let the tool run and wait for sometime, as it might take up to 20 minutes or more.
In majority of the cases, the tool might detect or spot the issue and fix it swiftly. A few simple steps without least human intervention would work with QBInstall diagnostic tool.
- Firstly, download the ‘QBInstall tool‘ and then Install it on the system.
- Also, make sure to close all the background running programs.
- Now, the user needs to hit ‘Run‘ button, on QBInstall tool.
- It should be noted that the tool will take up-to 20 minutes for scanning the ongoing problems with QuickBooks.
- Once the ‘Scan process‘ comes to an end, the tool will automatically diagnose and fix issues with Microsoft components QB program uses.
- Lastly, the user needs to reboot the computer.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Step 4: Run the Clean install of QuickBooks desktop
The clean install tool helps in renaming the old install folder for the user. This permits the user and the software to add new install files after the reinstall gets over.
- For this, the user needs to first open the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then, select the installation issues
- Also, select the clean install tool and OK options
- The next step is to choose the QuickBooks version and product version. Followed by hitting continue
- And then, end the process by selecting OK button, after the message “please install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears on the screen.
When the Clean Install Tool finishes, you’re ready to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Create a new Windows Admin User to fix the bug
- First of all, Press the ‘Start‘ button and then open ‘Control Panel‘.
- After that hit ‘Add or Remove User Accounts‘ link.
- Once the ‘Manage Accounts‘ dialog box opens up, the user is required to click ‘Create a New Account‘.
- And then, type the ‘Account name‘ and select ‘Create Admin account‘.
- Moving to the end of the process, the user needs to click on the ‘Create Account button‘.
- Done! You have successful created a new user account on Windows operating system.
Solution 4: Assign a different name of QB.INI file
- Renaming the QBWUSER.INI files can fix the internal problems that is occurring the problems when a user trying to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- You need to rename the EntitlementDatastore.ecml file.
By following the above steps if your QuickBooks starts properly then try to open a test company file.
Read also: How to create a journal entry in QBO?
Solution 5: Using QuickBooks System Repair tool
- First of all, download the QuickBooks repair tool.
- And then, save the file in a local folder in the desktop.
- The next step is to shut down all the existing open program, followed by installing the tool.
- Also, it should be noted that it would take around 20 minutes to run a scan in the complete device.
- Once the tool has repaired the program, the user needs to restart the console and they are good to go.
Solution 6: Rebooting the device and turning off the anti-virus program
- Firstly, “restart” the system.
- And then, in case the error continues, make sure that the anti-virus is turned off.
- The user can contact the IT department, in case he/she is unaware of the process to temporarily turn off the anti-virus program.
Solution 7: Accessing the file from different location
The user can access the file from a new folder location, as this might resolve the issue up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to press Windows + E keys together from the keyboard
- And then, this would open up a new window on the screen
- Moving ahead, the user will find the data file with .qbw extension
- Followed by right clicking it and selecting copy option
- The next step is to move to the C: drive and then create a new folder
- Moving ahead, the user needs to name the folder as QBTEST
- The user will now have to open the new folder and paste the file in it
- Followed by opening QuickBooks by holding the CTRL key
- Now, select the open or restore an existing company option
- After that, open the QBTEST folder and check if the error persists.
Solution 8: In case the error occurs after Windows 10 update
If the user faces QuickBooks stopped working issue after the installation of Windows 10 update, then the below steps can be incorporated:
- The user is first required to move to the control panel and then opt for the windows firewall
- And then choose the advanced settings option and also the outbound rules options
- The next step is to click on the new rule tab and also select the program checkbox
- Followed by hitting next
- Moving ahead, the user needs to check this program path option and then copy the location of QuickBooks
- Also, select the block the connection option and then click on the public, private or domain checkbox
- And lastly, rename it and finish tab and you are good to go
Solution 9: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- At first, download the QuickBooks tool hub, in case you have not already. After that, make sure to save the file where it can be accessed easily
- Once done with that start the installation of tool hub
- After that open the icon and head to the installation issues tab
- Now click on the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Let the tool run and perform the diagnosis
- After that reboot the system
- And check if the issue persists
Solution 10: Rename the QB.INI file
- Renaming the ini files deletes the rundown records, which is why it is essential to alter the file name.
- This will prevent the software from accessing the file
- After that change the name of the entitlement file
- And reboot the system and try opening the software
Following any of the above stated methods can help the QB users to get rid of the QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding error in no time. However, if none of the methods worked in your favor, then in that case, feel free to talk to our QuickBooks enterprise support team. The trained team of technical experts make sure that they deal with the lost QB connection at the earliest possible. Users can easily contact them by calling on the dedicated helpline number that is present on the website.
For remote access and critical premise, they have special stock and everlasting solutions. So if you are facing any issues with your QB software, then be sure to reach out to the service team either via the toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490 or the online services. The support team is proficiently trained to guide you very carefully and we are dedicated to keep your privacy protected. For granting remote access users can use desktop sharing software like Gotoassist, Team-viewer and Webex etc. So, avail the technical assistant from our support team and solve your issues instantly instead of waiting.
You may see also: