A Complete Guide to fix the QuickBooks Event Log Error 4
QuickBooks is known to be one of the best accounting and bookkeeping applications all across the globe. It comes packed with many features that helps in managing finances and ensures smooth business transition. That is why many small and medium companies rely on this application to manage their finances. The best part is that every year a new version of the application is launched with new and improved features.
Even though QuickBooks has many benefits, its users at times do face issues, as after all it is a software. A very common error is the QuickBooks Event log error 4 which generally occurs due to corrupted or damaged system files in QuickBooks. In this article we will discuss about this error so that you can manually fix it. Moreover, if you feel this error is out of your league, then we recommend you to talk to our accounting professionals. Give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and our support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505?
What is QuickBooks Log Error 4?
QuickBooks integration manager or the QuickBooks while trying to connect after being launched, a pop up might appear on the screen displaying that it could not connect and also the pop up will prompt whether the user wants to open it or not. It is a bit complex error and might be caused due to a couple of factors. We will be discussing the signs, causes and fixes to this error later. So, read ahead for further information.
You might see the following error message on your computer screen:
“Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open” when it takes place.”
“QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
Symptoms of QuickBooks Event Log Error 4
Symptoms of QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 are as follow:
- An error message with the error code gets displayed on the screen:
- The running window crashes suddenly
- QuickBooks desktop freezing could be seen frequently
- QuickBooks not responding or works at snail’s pace
- Another symptom can be when the system system starts crashing again and again
- System not responding to keyboard inputs
There can be various reasons behind the log error but it in most cases it is caused due to the .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 that can cause troubles in the Windows 7 operating system.
What triggers QuickBooks event Log Error 4?
QuickBooks event log error 4 can be generally seen due to .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 issues, if you are Microsoft Windows 7 OS user. However, there are other factors as well that might end up in this type of error:
- When the QuickBooks company file is corrupted.
- Or in case of damaged company file.
- Trojan attack can be another factor causing this type of error.
- If your windows registry has caused some type of error, then get ready to face this issue.
- It might happen that your QuickBooks files got erased by some other program maliciously.
Read this also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
How to Fix the QuickBooks event Log Error 4?
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to fix this error:
- The very first step is to log in to the windows as Administrator
- After that, the user needs to press the Windows + R keys simultaneously
- The next step is navigate to the Run box, and type Control and hit OK key to open the Control Panel
- After you are done with this, you have to visit the Program and Features section or Add/Remove programs window. The user is also required to consider that if he/she types appwiz.cpl in the text field of the Run Window, then hit OK, the program and features window will open up directly.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to locate the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from the installed program list and then Uninstall it after highlighting it.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
- After it has been uninstalled completely, restart your computer
- The user is now supposed to open the Control Panel and navigate to the Program and Features section again
- The next step is to click on the Add Remove Windows Features from the left side of your window, to view
- The Windows Feature window will appear on the screen
- The user is now required to expand the .NET Framework to see the Microsoft .NET 3.5.
- Also, mark first and second options and hit the OK tab.
- Now the .NET Framework 3.5 will get installed in your system
- Once it is installed you have to click on Finish to end the process
- The last step is to restart your system to save the changes.
Steps to be followed, if the error continues
In case the error continues to appear, then in that case the user is supposed to follow the steps stated below:
- First of all, update QuickBooks to the latest available version. If the software crashes while logging in, then download the update from the Intuit’s QuickBooks website.
You may also like: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
- In the next step, the user is supposed to download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the official website.
- Moving ahead, run the tool. However, before running the tool, the user is required to close the opened programs.
- Followed by rebooting the system.
- Also check whether the error continues.
- If the error still persists, then in that case reinstall QuickBooks accounting software with the help of clean install tool. The user is required to ensure that user has installation CD and license number, in order to reinstall the software before uninstalling the same. Also, make sure to take a backup of the company file before performing the task.
By following the above mentioned steps you can easily fix the QuickBooks Event log error 4 manually. However, if you are not able to do it by yourself then you should get in touch with QuickBooks enterprise tech support experts 1(844)521-0490 at who will guide you through the whole process to resolve the issue and also share tips and tricks to avoid such errors in the near future.
The best part is these experts are well trained and are available 24/7 to provide you the required assistance.
You might also like: