Trying to work on QuickBooks, but suddenly got distracted by some sort of error. Well, this is quite common in QuickBooks, as it is loaded with codes and algorithms. One such error in QuickBooks is error code C=184. This error can be experienced in case there is any damage in the network file i.e., nd file, or the transaction log file i.e., tlg file. Such an error also impacts the company file and can also be seen in case the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop do not tally due to 29 days in February.
To learn more about this issue and to find out what factors can trigger this error, make sure to continue reading this article. You can also get on a call with our QuickBooks technical support professionals at +1-844-521-0490 and ask them to perform the necessary steps for you.
Brief into QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184
This error can be experienced with the following warning message on the screen: Error Code QuickBooks unexpected error C=184 Error message “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact professionals” As this error is not commonly experienced by QuickBooks users, it might be a little difficult for the QuickBooks users to tackle it.
Why QuickBooks error code C=184 occur?
The following can be the factors behind the occurrence of such an error. Let us have a look:
- One of the most common reasons can be in case the files including .nd and .tlg files are corrupted
- The user can also experience same issue when QuickBooks is not installed correctly
- Another reason behind the occurrence of this issue can be if the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop aren’t matching due to leap years.
Effective steps to fix the issue
The user can try to perform the below set of steps and procedures to eliminate the error from its root cause. Let us have a look:
Procedure 1 Run reboot.bat file
- At first, the user is required to close QuickBooks
- Followed by right-clicking QuickBooks
- After that, choose properties tab under the drop-down
- The next step is to click on location to open the file
- And then run Reboot.bat folder if you are inside QuickBooks file.
- Now, hit Admin tab.
- And run Reboot.bat
- This will open the CMD window
- Now, reboot the system and check if the issue persists
Procedure 2: Run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Under this process the user first need to install QuickBooks tool hub program
- Followed by clicking on to the help tab and also installing QuickBooks tool hub from the file downloaded
- To carry out the installation, make sure to perform the onscreen steps
- Followed by double clicking the tool hub icon and run it
- Head to the company file issues tab
- And also select QuickBooks file doctor tool and select both file damage and network connectivity tab
- Now, enter the admin credentials and click on next tab
- Run QuickBooks and check if the issue gets resolved
Procedure 3: Rename the .ND and . TLG files
- This process requires to search for the folder in which your company files are located.
- Now hunt for the ‘.TLG’ and. ‘ ND’ files.
- Once done with that, right-click on each of them
- Go for ‘Rename’ option.
- Now, enter ‘.old‘ at the end of the file names.
- Try to launch the QuickBooks software and access your company file(s).
- Find out whether the issue is resolved or not
Procedure 4: Move the company file
- The user is required to move to the folder where the company file is saved
- Once done with that right click the company file
- And also select the cut option
- After that select paste tab
- And paste the file to another location
- Lastly, check if the error is fixed
Procedure 5: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Here the user needs to open tool hub program
- After that head to the installation issues tab
- Now, go for QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- And also, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The next step is to save the file to the Local desktop or downloads folder.
- After that install the QBinstall tool on your system and accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement.
- End the process by rebooting the system after running the install diagnostic tool to ensure all the components are properly updated.
Procedure 6: Updating your Windows
- Under this process, the user needs to click on start menu and then enter update
- After that click on Check for updates option.
- This shall show the list of all the available updates.
- Now, check the important updates and hit on the Download button.
- After that reboot the system and allow the updates to get installed.
- Run QuickBooks and check if the issue is fixed or not
We end this segment right here, with the hope that the steps listed above might be of some assistance in eliminating the QuickBooks error codes successfully. However, if for some reason, the user landed into the same issue again, or the user gets stuck at any point in time, then reaching out to our QuickBooks tech support team at +1-844-521-0490 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance.