Learn how to resolve QuickBooks Error -6144, -301 or Error -6144 , 82 when opening a company file or restoring a backup:
QuickBooks is the most versatile financial management software designed by Intuit. It possesses myriad features that are highly advantageous for its clients. Some of its features are generation of invoice, employee’s payroll, reports, tax filing, and much more. But it has been recognized that several users encounter a frequent error code that is – QuickBooks Error Code 6144. This error is commonly encountered while the user tries to open the company file. This error doesn’t let the user to perform any task through the main or other systems.
Resolving this error will require to close QuickBooks on all system, and disabling the antivirus. It also involves a few of the steps and solutions. In this technical post, we are going to discuss about this specific error code and its solution. However, if you need immediate help of the QuickBooks Error code 6144 82 and Error 6144 301 – you can speak with the technical support team at 1-844-521-0490 for proper guidance.
Related article: Steps to Fix QuickBooks script error like a Pro
Important Points to Remember
Before you begin with the process and also with exploring the various other facts, there are certain points that you can’t afford to miss. Here are few things you need to remember before you begin the solution:-
- It recommended to practice all the steps on the host (server) system except the last step
- Ensure that all the systems are properly shutdown including host & other
- Turn-off the system security software
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6144
There are certain causes to Error code 6144, a few of which are listed below:
- In case the installation of the software is corrupted or incorrect
- Or, the program files related to QuickBooks accounting software have been corrupted due to any kind of Trojan attack.
- In case the company files related to QuickBooks are deleted mistakenly
- Any kind of network issue can also be a valid reason behind the occurrence of this kind of error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6144
The signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 6144 are as follows:
- In case the code itself displays on the screen
- Or if the active program window crashes with QuickBooks error 6144
- The windows run sluggishly
- The system freezes periodically
- Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the system
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6144?
Follow the steps by step manual process to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 as shown below: –
Step 1: Start the QuickBooks Service Option
- The very first step is, in the QuickBooks, go to the “Start” icon and click on the “Services” tab.
- And then, in the “Services” list, click on the “QBCFMonitoringservice” icon.
- Later, verify that the services started and are setup in the ‘Automatic Mode’.
- If it’s not, then verify the “Radio” button and hit onto the “Apply” tab further “OK” icon.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Crash com error while Mailing Invoices?
Step 2: Alter the Account Type
- Tap onto the “Start” icon on the keyboard.
- Go to the “Control Panel” tab and choose the “User Account” icon.
- Click on the “Add/Remove User Account” tab.
- Then, click onto the “QBDserviceuser23” icon and modify the account type as per the requirement by verifying “Administrator User” icon.
Step 3: Create the Folders in C Drive
QuickBooks user supposed to create new folder with the name of QB. Afterward, choose “Read/Write” options for all the created folders. Following folders are need to be created on the Drive C:
- Add System
- Add User
Endow Read/Write permission for the entire folders. Later, click on the “Share” icon to share all the entire folders to all the systems.
Step 4: Copy the Company file in New Folder “QB”
It has been observed that files corrupted due to the file size. Thus, it is unable to open on the QuickBooks.
- In the system ‘C Drive’, navigate to the “Users” option =>“Public” icon =>“Public Documents” tab =>“Intuit” icon =>“QuickBooks” icon =>“Company Files” tab. Here, you will see the default location of the Company files.
- Later, copy & paste the QB file in the new folder named as “QB”. Make sure that you do not cut – paste the QB Company file in the folder as it may cause corruption.
Step 5: Setup the Inbound & Outbound Firewall Rules
- In the “Firewall” tab, select the “Windows Firewall” option.
- In the “Advanced Settings” tab, go to the “Inbound Rules” icon =>“New Rule” icon =>“Port” icon. Lastly, click on the “Next” icon.
These are the port numbers for different versions:
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147?
Step 6: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- Go to the “Programs” list, click on the “QuickBooks” icon.
- In the drop-down list, select the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ icon. Later, hit onto the “Add Folder” tab.
- In the system C Drive, search & add QuickBooks folder. Later, minimize this tab.
- Finally, click on the “Scan now” icon. This will lead to the scanning process of QuickBooks company file.
Step 7: Restore the QuickBooks Company Files
- On the server computer, open/access the QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Click on the “Open & Restore Company File”.
- Select the QB Company file “Get Back to Business”. Later, choose to open/access the files in the Multi-user mode.
- Confirm that the hosting enabled and go to the “File”. Later, click on the “Utilities” icon.
- Click on the “Stop Hosting multi-user access” option. Finally, the QB Company files will be accessible on the server computer.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82
The steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82 might differ a bit from the steps listed above.
- The user is firstly required to press F2 in QuickBooks desktop
- And then, move to the file information and also find the location of the company file
- Now, open the location
- And also, find the .ND and .TLG files that have the same name as the company file
- Now, rename the files by adding .OLD at the end of each file extension
- This might resolve the issue
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks abort error?
We hope that this technical blog post helped you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144, 82 and 6144, 301. In case, you think that you can follow all these steps accurately as given or it takes a lot of time – you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team without any hesitation. Dial our toll-free helpline number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
Thanks for spending your valuable time in reading this article. We hope that the information contained in this post might be of some help you.
You may also like