Learn to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6094 – QuickBooks failed to launch the web database error
The best part about QuickBooks is that, intuit, the company that manages it offers regular updates and bug fixes. On one hand, these updates carry new features while on the other hand, there are times when because of the updates, users face some errors. One of the most common error is the QuickBooks Error code 6094. Well, this error code is often seen when the accounting software fails to launch the web database. Tackling this error can be a tedious task, and to make it a bit easy for you, we have come up with this article.
In today’s article, we are going to discuss the ways in which one can get rid of QuickBooks error code 6094. Reading this article ahead can work for you to fix this error with much ease. However, if you are seeking for experts assistance, then feel free to call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490! Our experts and certified bookkeeping professionals will be happy to help you in dealing with the issue.
Read this also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error 6209
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6094?
As mentioned earlier, this is one of the most common errors as it mostly occurs when QuickBooks fails to launch the web database. Also, there are several other instances when you can face this QB error. The user can also encounter this error due to anti-virus programs, which includes the AVG anti virus, PC tools Internet security and SpyHunter malware blocking. Security program updates cause the following error when opening QuickBooks Desktop:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6094?
So, as we have already discussed, the instances where you might come across QuickBooks Error Code 6094. Now, let us talk about the causes that can be the reason behind the occurrence of this error. There are a handful of objects, but to keep it short, here are some of the most common causes behind this error:
- Users might encounter this due to an Anti-virus
- Error Code 6094 can occur due to PC Tools Internet Security
- QB Code 6094 might appear in case of SpyHunter Malware Blocking
- When trying to open the database server manager that manages company files to access
Important Points to consider
Before moving further, make sure to consider the pointers listed below:
- First of all, update anti-virus software to the latest release
- And then, move to the quarantine folder or antivirus vault to restore qbdbmgrn.exe and qbdbmgr.exe files
- Also, ensure to prevent QuickBooks directly to get scanning by simply adding exceptions on antivirus software
Methods of Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6094
It is crucial to make sure that this error is entirely fixed in order to remove its chance of occurrence. So, for this to be possible, users need to make sure that they perform all the methods that are mentioned here one after another. It will not only make the QuickBooks Error code 6094 fixed but also will save the user from several other errors from appearing as a by-product.
Method #1: Run AVG Anti-Virus
As we stated above, many time the internet software such as the AVG antivirus can block the access of QuickBooks and end up in this error. The steps involved in the process to fi the the AVG antivirus are as follows:
To stop QB Directory from being scanned:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open the AVG Anti-Virus User Interface
- Here, Double-click on the Resident Shield and follow that by clicking on Manage Exceptions
- Now, Select Add Path options, add C:\Program Files\Intuit, or, choose the folder in which your QuickBooks is Installed
- End it by clicking on OK and then Save Changes.
To check for any QuickBooks files which are quarantined:
- Start with opening AVG Anti-Virus User Interface, follow it by clicking on History
- Now, Click on Virus Vault, and choose any and every QB files that are quarantined. (Example: qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgr.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe)
- Click on Restore and Close the Interface
- Finally open your QuickBooks desktop.
To Check for any renamed files in the Installation Directory
- Close QB Desktop and check C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks folder, here look for any file that is renamed. (For example: QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED)
- Now, Rename the files back to their original name by removing the entire name except the very first word and add a ‘.exe’ in after that word.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code H505?
Method #2: PC Tools Internet Security
The next method is to configure the PC tools internet security. The steps to be taken in this process includes the following:
For restoring ‘Infections’ that are quarantined:
- Visit the Settings menu and select Quarantined
- Here, select the necessary item(s) and then choose the Restore option
- At last, click on Yes and then choose OK button.
For Setting up an exception for QB Directory from being scanned:
- Go to the PC Tools Internet Security menu and then click on Settings
- Click on Global Action List, here select all the files that are required to be excluded from scanning by clicking on Add
- Click on OK button.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
Method #3: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop
The last method left with the users is repairing the QuickBooks desktop. The process of repairing QuickBooks involves a few steps discussed below, it will assist the user in getting rid of the issue with much ease.
- In this process, the user needs to restart the Computer
- Also make sure to have the Backup of your QuickBooks Company File
- Now, visit the the Start Menu and then open Control Panel
- In the Control Panel’s interface, select Programs and Features, here, uninstall any program that is unnecessary
- Now, select the QuickBooks program from the list and click on Uninstall/Change
See this also: How to Set up and Use Intuit Account User Management?
- Click on Continue and then follow it by selecting Next.
- Here, select the Repair option and then click on Next. Wait until the Repair is complete
- Click on Finish and then restart the computer if required.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks error code C=387
Method #4: Basic Troubleshooting steps
The user can begin with the basic troubleshooting steps, in order to resolve the QuickBooks error 6094. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start with restoring qbdmgrN.exe and qbdmgr.exe from the virus vault, if the files are missing from there, check the quarantine.
- Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop Directory is not being scanned, for this, add exceptions in the anti-virus software.
- Ensure that whichever anti-virus you are using is up to date and have all the latest definitions for the virus or Trojans.
Removing QB files from the software blocked files list: This method is mainly for the users for SpyHUnter. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to launch the spyhunter software
- And then, click on the system guard
- After that, select the user-added tab and then look for the QuickBooks files
- Followed by, setting QuickBooks files status as allowed
- If the user are unable to find the QuickBooks files, and then move back under the added tab
- Also. verify the PUP
- And then, in case the user is unable to find any QB file in the list, and then set its status to allowed
- The last step is to set status as allowed, in case you are able to spot QuickBooks files blocked under PUP.
You may also read: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 12152?
We hope that the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps help you fix QuickBooks Error code 6094. Fixing this error doesn’t involve any rocket science, all the user need to do is carry out the above steps in the best possible way.