Learn the Process to rectify QuickBooks error code 6010 like a Pro:
One of the biggest and widely used bookkeeping programming, QuickBooks is used by various small and medium sized businesses. QuickBooks comes with advanced accounting features, which take care of various business activities of the organizations. But sometimes, this software faces few technical issues that interrupts the users work. In this article we are going to discuss about one of the most common error that is, QuickBooks error 6010.
When this error occurs an error message is displayed as:
“Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again” (-6010, -100)
When this error occurs, the user is not able to open the QuickBooks file. There are various other facts associated with QuickBooks error 6010, which we will be discussed later in this article. Thus, make sure to stay tuned with the article till the end.
If you need quick resolution to this error and start working seamlessly, then you can contact our QuickBooks error support team and speak to our accounting experts who are available round the clock and will resolve your query. You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 6209?
What is QuickBooks Error code 6010?
When QuickBooks Error 6010 occurs, it simply means that QuickBooks installation may have been modified and the user should re-install the application and then try again. This error indicates that QuickBooks is not permitted to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. The user might end up in such an issue, when trying to reinstall QuickBooks. There are many reasons due to which this error occurs. Below are the reasons due to which this error can occur.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6010, 100
As we mentioned earlier, there are a number of reasons due to which QuickBooks Error 6010 can occur. Some of the reasons are as below:
- In Network Division, .nd file is detached from the documents that finish with .QBW and .TLG.
- Cleaning Projects are put away in PC framework.
- When NOD32 antivirus programming is used along with the Internet Monitor and that too on the same PC framework in which QuickBooks programming and its particular information are spared.
- Due to the association of system information petition for multi-client framework.
- This system information record is a system gadget document and the blunder can happen when the company file is disengaged from QuickBooks work records.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6010
Now that you know the basics of the error code 6010, it is the right time to start with the processes to fix the issue easily. Let us check out the processes one by one:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks database server manager
You may also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
The very first method in order to get rid of the error code 6010 is to make use of the QuickBooks database server manager. The steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
- Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the company file again
- Start and then click on ‘All Programs’
- Open QuickBooks and now, click on the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’
- Select all the Scan Folders.
- When you see that there are no folders present, then you can click on ‘Add Folder’
- On the other hand, Highlight the folder and Scan now.
- With heading “QuickBooks company files found, confirm that company file has been found“
- Open the file again and then also open the QuickBooks icon again
- Sign in to the company file
- If same error occurs again, try the next solution.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks has stopped working
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Company file
Another method is to fix the company file and get rid of the issue 6010. The steps to be followed include:
- Open the folder where company file is saved.
- Look for the file that has extension of .QBW.
- Right click on the file and then click Copy
- Now, Paste this file on the Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and you are directed to the No Company Open Window (during this process, hold down the Control key)
- Now, click on ‘Open or restore existing company’
- Locate the company file that you had copied, open it and navigate to the desktop.
See this also: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Solution 3: Switch to Single-user mode
Switching to single user mode can also be of great help in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 6010. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Log in as Admin on the server computer
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to bring up the task manager
- Select the Users tab and Show Processes for all users
- Highlight each QuickBooks process and then select End Task
- Now, open the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Rename the .ND files
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
The below steps related to renaming the .ND files can be of great help in resolving the QuickBooks error code 6010.
- Find all the files whose name ends with file extensions .nd.
- Now, check the files which are facing the errors.
- Right click on the file and click on ‘Rename‘ option
- While renaming, add old in the end of the name of the file so that you remember the file name. For example, the name of the file will be Company ABCD.nd.old
- Open QuickBooks now and check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 5: Stop multi-user access
- From QuickBooks application menu, select File
- Now, go to Utilities and click on Stop hosting multi-user access option
- After this, close QuickBooks and reopen it
- If you are using ESET NOD32 Anti-virus software, then go to the program settings, disable the feature of Internet Monitor and then, restart your computer.
- Rename the file by typing old at the end of it. Re-open QuickBooks is you find that file is disconnected.
Related Article: How to Convert Data File From QuickBooks Online to Desktop?
Solution 6: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
The last method that one can opt for is to reinstall the QuickBooks software. Many times when none of the methods work in resolving the issue, only a simple re-installation of QuickBooks can be of great help.
- To begin with, the user is suggested to click on the start tab and then move to the control panel
- Once done with that, click on the uninstall a program option
- After that, uninstall the QuickBooks software
- Followed by using QuickBooks clean install tool
- The next step in the process is to select the version of QuickBooks that is to be installed on the system and then hit continue option
- And to end the process, the user needs to select OK tab and then install QuickBooks desktop
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6010 becomes easy, once you follow the above steps and procedures. You should implement all these solutions carefully to get rid of this error. However, in case, you are not able to resolve the error, you can contact our 24X7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-844-521-0490 who are available round the clock and resolve the error. We are a team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services in the least time. Thus, feel free to discuss your queries with us, at any point of time. We will be there to assist you instantly.
Most searchable articles: