Often when working on or activating direct deposit in QuickBooks, the user might come across an error code i.e., 40001. This error can be a bit uncommon and might seem quite difficult to handle. However, it is possible deal with such an error by performing some set of steps that we will be elaborating later in this post. One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of such an error can be if the user has logged in to QuickBooks as an Administrator and thus is unable to activate the direct deposit. Moreover, if the Realm ID (Company Intuit ID available under account information) that is present within the QuickBooks no longer matches with the information in the payroll system. The sudden occurrence of QuickBooks error code 40001 can stop the smooth working of the software.
If you are also facing any such error, then going through this article will definitely help. Make sure to read the article till the end. However, if you need our assistance any point of time, then our experts can help you with that. Give us a call at +1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our team.
What are the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 40001?
To know what leads to such an error, you simply have to go through the article carefully:
- In case the user hasn’t logged into QuickBooks as a system administrator.
- Or if the Realm ID doesn’t match with the number in the payroll system.
- This error might appear due to an outdated QuickBooks desktop application.
- Or if unexpected behavior of the company file is experienced
What measures can be taken to get rid of QuickBooks error code 40001?
To know what steps can be performed to get rid of QuickBooks error code 40001, the user needs to scroll through the procedures below:
Process 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- The user needs to first close the QuickBooks application and other related processes
- After that download the QuickBooks tool hub to save it to a preferred location
- The next step is to open the downloaded file that would look like QuickBooksToolHUb.exe
- And after that complete the install process by performing the onscreen steps and also agree to the terms and conditions
- After the process ends, double click the tool hub and wait for it to open
- Reboot the system and open QuickBooks and this would fix the issue
Process 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop Application
- The user is first required to open QuickBooks Desktop application
- The next step is to head to the help menu and also click on update QuickBooks
- Moving ahead, opt for the Update Now option and wait until QuickBooks doesn’t install all the updates.
- The user should then choose the File menu and click on Exit.
- Now, open the QuickBooks application again and hit Yes tab when selecting the Update Now popup appears.
- This would fix the issue up to certain extent
Process 3 Login as an Administrator
- Under this process, the user should first right-click the QuickBooks Desktop application and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Now, head to the Compatibility tab, and unmark the “Run this Programming as Administrator checkbox.
- Look for an option that is already unchecked, click on Apply.
- Now, hit ok tab and reboot the system
Process 4: Run the Verify/Rebuild Utility tool
- The user is first required to open the QuickBooks application and go to the File menu.
- And then click on the Utilities tab and choose Verify Data
- Let the diagnosis to take place
- Head to the rebuild the company file, in case some issues are seen.
- And head to the file menu and utilities tab
- Now, the user is required to click on the rebuild data followed by ok tab
- After that complete the onscreen steps and end the process
Process 5: Run the Repair tool to Fix QuickBooks Error 40001
- Before performing the set of steps listed below, the user should ascertain to create a backup of your company file. Further, restart your computer. It assures that none of the programs would affect the repair process.
- Now, the user should click on the Windows icon
- And then move to Control Panel.
- After that select the Programs and Features option followed by Uninstall a Program.
- It should be noted that if you are unable to see the Programs and Features option, then choose Programs in place of that. And then, select Program and Features.
- Now, choose QuickBooks from the list of Programs followed by the Uninstall/Change option.
- And click on Continue
- Also hit the repair tab
- And choose next option
- The next step is to click on finish tab
- Note that it is important to know that the repair process would start right away, but it may take some time to finish. Thus, you must leave it running, and come back once it’s done. You might have to restart your computer to complete the repair process.
- The last step is to keep the QuickBooks updated to the latest version
Coming to the end of the article, it is believed that the reader might be able to get rid of QuickBooks error code 40001 successfully by performing the set of steps mentioned in above. But if for some reason the error continues, then the user needs to contact our tech support team at +1-844-521-0490, and we will provide the user with immediate support services. We are a team of technically sound experts who work round the clock to provide you with immediate support services.
Other Helpful Articles: