Comprehensive guide to rectify QuickBooks Payroll error 30159
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software that has marked its presence in the past few years. QuickBooks is a feature-loaded software that involves a lot of coding and algorithms. These codes and algorithms makes this software a little susceptible to glitches. In today’s article, we will be discussing one of the most common QuickBooks Payroll error 30159. While trying to upgrade the payroll or while working on the company’s payroll, the user might stumble upon this Error 30159.
If you are also facing such error, then read this article carefully, or you can also get in touch with our accounting professionals, by dialing our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. We own a pool of experts who are well-versed in dealing with any sort of QuickBooks Payroll associated errors. Feel free to call us anytime, and our QuickBooks support team will be happy to fix the error on your behalf.
You may also like: Know the trial links to download the QuickBooks desktop
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159?
Payroll error 30159 is a payroll error that is caused due to improper file setup in the operating system of the System. The user might also face this issue due to misconfigured system files in the window. A pop-up appears on the screen with an error message stating “QuickBooks Error code 30159”. This error mainly occurs on the Windows and other Windows compatible programs. To know the causes and other related facts to the error, make sure to read the post carefully till the end.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error 30159?
As we mentioned earlier, the user might end up in QuickBooks error 30159, due to multiple factors.The causes of such error can be many, a few of which are listed below:
- The very first cause can be, when the QuickBooks company file gets damaged or corrupted for some reason.
- Also, in case when the EIN status is inactive.
- Another issue can be when QuickBooks Installation errors occurs.
- Also, if any kind of virus or malware attacks the system.
- Any sort of mis-configuration of Windows file on the system, might also cause such error.
- Deceptive the information by the damaged file system can cause such error.
How this error might affect your system?
The QuickBooks error code 30159 can affect the system in a couple of ways. This can also help the user in understanding and identifying the error. So, let us explore a few important pointers:
- When this type of error occurs, the system starts crashing often with the error while running in the identical program.
- Also, the system performs sluggishly.
- Another effect can be that the active program starts crashing, as soon as the error occurs.
See this Also : How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
How to Resolve the error code 30159 in QuickBooks?
There can be more than one solution to the error 30159. In this article, we will be discussing a few of the most effective solutions and the steps to follow. Let us check out the solutions one by one:
Method #1: Adding the EIN to the company file
The very first method to get rid of the QuickBooks error 30159 is to add the EIN to the company file. This basically helps the user to resolve the issue up to a great extent. It involves a couple of steps namely:
- To begin with, the user is required to log into the QuickBooks.
- After that, tap on the Select Payrolls option.
- Now, select Use my Existing Payrolls Service.
- Once done with the above enumerated steps, a new window named as Account Maintenance might appear on the screen.
- Now, click on the Add file option.
- The next step is to mark the radio button against the Add EIN Number tab.
- In case the radio button is disabled, this means that the user has already appropriately subscribed to the EIN Number for the company.
- Now, hit the Next tab.
- Followed by reviewing all the information.
- And then finally return to QuickBooks.
Method #2: Manual updating the system
In case you are unable to resolve the issue with the steps above, then you can simply go for a manual updating of the system, as at times outdated windows might also create trouble for the user. The steps to be followed here are:
- The first step is to start the system and login as System Admin
- And then, hit click on the Start button
- After that, move to the All programs option, along with that click on the restore option
- Once done with that, open a new window and then select Restore my computer and then click on Next tab
- The next step in the process is to select the most recent system restore point and then click on the next option
- Now, click on the confirmation window.
- And, restart the system once
- Moving ahead, the user needs to download and install QuickBooks file repair tool
- And then, click on the scan tab
- The next step is to click on the fix error option
- And end the process by rebooting the system.
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6010?
Method #3: QuickBooks Error scanning
Another method that has successfully made to the list is QuickBooks error scanning. This method will probably help the user in identifying and correcting the issue up to a great extent. The steps to be followed here are:
- To begin with, the user is required to download the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 utility.
- After that, simply install the program.
- The next step is to click on the scan and begin with the scanning process.
- Now, just select fix QB errors after the scanning process is complete.
- The last step is to restart the system, and you are good to go.
you may also read: How to Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop?
Method #4: Using System Restore in Windows
If the above methods didn’t work for you, then try using the system restore in windows. The steps involved in this process are listed below and it is expected that the error would be resolved with the help of this method up to a great extent.
- Open your computer and press Windows button.
- After that type System Restore on the search bar.
- Now click on System Restore option.
- Here you need to fill up the system admin password.
- Follow the on-screen command carefully.
- Once the all screen command done successfully, reboot your computer.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057
Method #5: Perform a disk cleanup in Windows
Performing a disk cleanup in windows can also be one of the methods that could help in rectifying the QuickBooks error code 30159. The steps that the user is supposed to follow are:
- Firstly delete temporary files:
- Press Start button and type disk cleanup and hit Enter key, on your keyboard.
- After that choose the drive you want to free the space. Click on OK option.
- Choose and delete the all unwanted files and then choose OK button.
- After that choose clean up system files, in disk cleanup.
- Now choose the file types and hit OK button.
- This procedure will remove all the unnecessary files from your computer and create more space on your computer.
See this also: How to Rectify QuickBooks Errors 1904 and 1402?
Method #6 Install Windows Updates
This is the last method, which is expected to work, in case none of the above methods helped. The user might required to install the windows updates. This is a pretty simple method, which involves a few steps:
- First of all, click on the start option
- And then, type update in the search bar, along with that hit Enter
- After that the system will check for updates, if any
- In case any updates are found, just install all of them
- And once the process ends, reboot the system to save changes
Method #7: Using Windows file checker
The user can also opt for windows file checker, in order to resolve the issue. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user will have to login as system admin on the system
- And then, hit on to the windows start tab
- Followed by, pressing Windows + R to open the run box
- After that, the user needs to type in cmd and then hit enter
- Once done with that, a black screen will open on the desktop screen
- Now, type in sfc/scannow and also hit enter key
- It should be noted that the process might take a few seconds to complete
- And after the process is done, the user needs to follow the onscreen instructions on the desktop screen to restore the corruptions issues of system files
Following the above enumerated steps might help the users rectify the QuickBooks error 30159. In case the error persists, it would be suggested to get in touch with QuickBooks enterprise technical support team. All you need to do is dial our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our customer support team will ensure to provide you the finest service in a single call.
You might also like: