Do you know what it takes to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 30114? If not, then reading this article till the end will surely help. This is basically payroll error that appears when installing QuickBooks or shutting down the windows. The user can also experience similar issue when installing the windows operating system. This error appears on the screen with a warning message that states “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” Ending up in such an error can be bit annoying for the QuickBooks users. There can be certain other causes as well behind the occurrence of such an error, which we will be discussing later in this article along with the corrective measures. If you are interested in finding out what those are, make sure to go through the entire article. However, if the user is seeking for any sort of professional assistance, then contacting our QuickBooks technical support professionals at +1-844-521-0490 will surely help.
What causes QuickBooks error code 30114?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below stated reasons:
- The very first reason can be if the QuickBooks program is installed partially
- Or in case there is any sort of malware infection in the system
- The user can also end up in a similar issue if the software isn’t updated to the latest version
- Or if the QuickBooks related files and folders got deleted mistakenly
- Moreover, if there is any sort of damage or corruption in the Windows registry
How to spot QuickBooks error code 30114?
The user can easily identify such an error in QuickBooks using the below signs and symptoms
- One of the basic signs can be if the software becomes unresponsive to the mouse and keyboard inputs
- Or if the windows crash unexpectedly
- Another sign of the same can be if some buttons or tabs in QB may grey out.
- Or if the user is unable to access the company data file.
- Or in case the users are not able to close the application or switch to any other tab
Effective methods to fix such an error
The user can try performing the below set of steps to successfully get rid of such an error in QuickBooks.
Method 1 – Generate a QuickBooks backup through Windows Registry
- At first, the user needs to open the Windows Start menu and type Command in the search panel.
- After that press enter tab while holding ctrl and shift keys
- In the next step, the user will see a permission box, where the user will have to select yes tab
- After which a black window with a blinking cursor will display on the screen. This is the Command window.
- The user will then have to enter Regedit and tap on the Enter key.
- Now, in the Registry Editor window, select error 30114.
- After that hit the File tab and click on Export from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is to choose a folder in which you wish to store the backup for QuickBooks.
- And also head to the Export Range section and tick the Selected Branch box.
- The next step is to click on the Save button to save the file with a .reg extension.
- The registry backup file for QuickBooks has been successfully created.
You might also need: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 99001?
Method 2 – Restore your System Settings
- The user needs to first close all the programs and applications running on the system.
- And then click on the Windows icon, and in the search panel, enter System Restore and press the Enter key.
- Once done with that, a System Properties box will appear on the screen.
- Where the user is supposed to click on the System Restore button and press Next until the Finish button starts flashing on the screen.
- The next step is to select a date on which the user wants to undo the changes made to the computer
- And then choose a location to save the restore setting
- Permit the program to carry out the complete process
- And then restart your computer device.
- Now, when the previous settings are restored check if the issue is resolved
Method 3 – Perform a Complete Disk Clean Up on your Device
- In this process, the user is supposed to click on the Windows icon and open the Start menu.
- After that in the search panel, enter File Explorer and select the option to open a new window.
- The next step is to click on the My PC/ My Computer option on the left-hand side.
- And search for the C: Drive folder,
- The next step is to right-click on it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- The user should then click on the disk cleanup and perform the steps that appear on the screen to complete the process
- The last step is to open QuickBooks after rebooting the system
This brings us to the end of the article, where we hope that the reader might be able to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 30114. However, if the error didn’t fix even after performing the set of steps, then reaching out to our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-844-521-049 is suggested. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide best possible support services instantly.