Learn to fix QuickBooks Error 176109 when trying to open or register QuickBooks Point of Sale:
In this tech-savvy era, where almost everything is driven by technology, even accounting world is not spared. The QuickBooks accounting software has transformed the working techniques of the entrepreneurs, especially when it comes to accounting and bookkeeping. This software is highly efficient accounting software that permits the users to perform complex accounting tasks. Due to its accuracy and swift functioning, this software is preferred all across the globe. But all these facts don’t make this software error-free.
Every now or then, QB users might stumble upon various types of errors, one such error is QuickBooks Point of sale error 176109. This error code is related to invalid product code or number code and usually occurs when trying to open or register QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. If you have stumbled upon any such error, then this article can be really helpful to you. This article is entirely based on the causes and the easiest ways to tackle the QuickBooks Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.
Thus, the user is required to go through the article till the end carefully. However, a quick solution to your problem can be to consult some QuickBooks enterprise technical support professionals, who might possess the required knowledge to deal with these kinds of errors within no time. You can also make a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our seamless team.
What is QuickBooks POS error 176109?
Well, before digging in deep and learning the ways to fix this error, we would suggest you to get a brief about what actually error 176109 means. Basically, QuickBooks Point of sale invalid product number depicted by error code 176109 is related to invalid product code or number code. The error message that pops up on the screen with this error code means that the key authentication files are missing or corrupted. This type of error could be seen, when the user tries to open the QuickBooks Point of sale. If the user wants to read and write files without any interruption, then it is important to provide QuickBooks with enough permission. If the Admin permissions are not granted, then these types of errors are likely to appear.
What triggers to Error 176109 in QuickBooks?
Now that you know what this error is all about, it is time to find out the triggers to QuickBooks point of sale error 176109.
- The very first cause of this error can be, when the contents of point of sale entitlement folder are missing or get damaged somehow.
- Another factor causing the issue can be when the product number or product code is used for installing the QuickBooks Point of sale to QB Desktop. And if by any chance, a wrong code is used, these types of error are likely to appear.
- One more trigger to the point of sale error can be accessing the files without admin permissions
Easy Techniques to Resolve the QuickBooks error 176109
Now that we have explored the causes of the error along with its actual meaning, it is time to deal with this error by applying various techniques. There can be more than one solution to fix this error, we will be viewing each of the solution one by one. So, without further delay, let us have a look at the solutions:
Technique 1: Eradicating the contents of the entitlement client folder
The very first method to resolve this issue is to remove the contents of the entitlement client folder. This is a step by step process, and also the user can either go for an automatic or manual process, as per the choices and comfort.
You may also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
Automatic deletion process
The automatic deletion process involved the following steps:
- To delete the contents of the entitlement client folder automatically, the user is required to download the clear entitlement file tool.
- After that, make sure to unzip the file to his/her desktop.
- Also, double-click on the same to run.
- The last step is to re-launch the QuickBooks Point of Sale and then finish the registration.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Manual deletion process
Now that you know the steps to automatically deletion, let us check out the steps to manually delete the contents of entitlement client folder.
- Talking about the manual deletion, the user needs to press the Windows + E keys simultaneously for opening the Windows Explorer.
- And then look for the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- The next step in this process is to press the Ctrl + A key for choosing the files in the folder, followed by pressing the delete option.
- In order to confirm the action, hit Yes option and move ahead.
- The final step is to re-launch the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and then complete the registration.
For Windows 8 and later:
The steps might differ according to the windows operating system version. So, below are the steps for Windows 8 user.
- The windows 8 users are required to right-click the Start button and then select the File Explorer.
- Now, tap on the View tab and then check the check-box of hidden items.
- The next step in this process is to find the way out to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After that, the user is required to choose the files that are present in the folder, followed by hitting delete option.
- Once done with that, the final step is to open Point of sale again for the registration and complete the process.
For Windows 7 and vista:
If you are a windows 7 and vista user, then carry out the steps below:
- The windows 7 and vista users are required to right click the Start button and then open the Windows explorer.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to click on the Organize option, followed by selecting the Folder and Search options.
- The next step in this process is to click on the View tab, and then choose the show hidden files and folders option.
- In the next step, the user has to find way out to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- To end the process, the user is required to choose the all the files that could be seen in the folder and then hit delete option.
Related article: Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error 6144
Technique 2: Rename the WS Activity file
If the above technique failed to work, then you can go for the renaming the WS activity file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In this technique, the user has to follow the pathway C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini, using the Windows explorer.
- Followed by right clicking on the WS Activity option.
- Now, choose the Rename option.
- And enter the OLD WS Activity and click anywhere for saving the changes.
- Once done with that, close the windows and move to the next step.
- After that, delete the entitlement folder and switch to the last step.
- End the process by re-launching the QuickBooks Point of sale.
Technique 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of sale
In case the above mentioned techniques fail to resolve QuickBooks error 176109, the user is recommended to clean reinstall the QuickBooks desktop point of sale. This process will help the user to completely uninstall and then reinstall the QB software, which will ultimately help in eradicating the issue.
However, it should be noted that before beginning with the reinstall process, the user is recommended to create a backup of the data file. Also, make sure that the installation CD for QuickBooks desktop POS is available, as the license and product numbers might be required will reinstalling the QB software.
- The user needs to sign in the windows with an admin account and then move to the next step.
- After that uninstall QuickBooks POS from the system.
- Followed by renaming all point of sale folders.
- Once done with that, the user is recommended to delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user and reboot the system
- The next step in the process is to install QuickBooks point of sale
- Moving ahead, open the software and then create a new company file, followed by restoring the backup that was created earlier.
- And then, the user needs to verify that the data restored is correct or not.
- In the next step, check whether the error continues or not.
- Also check whether it is possible to connect with the point of sale software and with QuickBooks desktop.
- Lastly, the user needs to register QuickBooks point of sale once again, and you are good to go.
You might also like: Resolve QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505
To sum up..!
The QuickBooks Point of sale error 176109 can be very much annoying, but at the same time, it can be tackled easily by following any of the techniques that are enumerated above. We have ensured to provide the best possible information and methods to tackle the issue of Point of sale. However, if by any chance the above enumerated methods didn’t work in your favor, or in case any of your query remained unanswered at the end of this article, then it is highly recommended to discuss the issue with some professional. A QuickBooks professional with a renowned experience possess the capability to tackle the issue without any hassle.
Thus, if you are still stuck somewhere, then talk to some professional to avoid any further mess. You can also speak to our QuickBooks customer service team. Just make a call to us at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our team of experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with round the clock assistance, without compromising with the quality of the service. Therefore, do not hesitate to talk to us, as we will love to help you!
You may also like: