Running a business is not easy! It requires a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve success. And that’s when business organizations need a software called QuickBooks. This software is considered as one of the best accounting software in the world. It have some of the most powerful features which makes accounting and bookkeeping simpler and quicker than before. For the past decade, many big and small organizations depend on this application as it benefits them to a large extent.
Even though QuickBooks have gained immense popularity all across the globe, it does face technical issues after all it is just a software. Many QB users generally face the QuickBooks error code 1722 which does windows very slow and the PC starts to freeze at regular intervals. So, in this article we will discuss in depth about Error code 1722. To fix the error code 1722, it is very important to understand the symptoms and causes. Once done, then only the right solution can be meted out for this problem. However, if you want to save your efforts without wasting your precious time then your can connect with our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team.
Related article: How to correct cache amount in QuickBooks enterprise?
What is QuickBooks error code 1722?
The QuickBooks error code 1722 is usually encountered, when there is any issue in coding when structuring the software. It is basically a run-time error that can be fixed easily with the help of windows restore method. This means that operating system is taken back to the previous stage where QuickBooks worked properly. The user might also face such an error when Microsoft.net framework or any other component of windows is damaged. This error code makes the windows to run slowly and the PC starts to freeze periodically. There can be a handful of causes and symptoms of this issue, discussed later in this post.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 1722
Identifying the error becomes easy, once you are thorough with the below signs and symptoms.
- When the error 1722 takes place, it crashes the window as well as the active window program.
- Due to this error the PC may crash regularly when running the same program.
- The windows run very sluggishly and also respond slowly to the keyboard inputs in addition to the mouse.
- Because of this error, the computer may freezes for a short period of time.
- You will see QuickBooks error 1722 repeatedly during the program installation
Possible Causes of error code 1722
There can be various causes behind the occurrence of the error code 1722. Let us explore some of the causes listed below:
- Incomplete/Damaged Installation of QuickBooks application.
- The damaged windows may be registered from a recent QB related software modification.
- Virus or malware infection might corrupt the windows system files or any QB related important program files.
- In case, any other program deleted QB files maliciously or mistakenly.
- Windows corrupted or Incomplete QuickBooks software installation.
You may also read: Easy Steps to Download and Use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Fixation methods to resolve QuickBooks error 1722
QuickBooks error 1722 can occur at Run-time and so often it is called run-time errors. There may be various causes for error 1722 and so it important to troubleshoot each of the possible causes to fix and prevent it from happening in the near future. Below are the simple ways to resolve this error:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
The very first method that one can opt for is to run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The user can either use the tool by downloading it directly from the website of Intuit or can also use it via QUickBooks tool hub. The steps below, would help you in this:
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The very first step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub and then visit the downloads by pressing Ctrl + J keys
- After that, the user needs to click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe file
- And then click on Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Followed by clicking next to install it and then click yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Now, click next and then install. This might take some time
- The next step is to click on finish after the installation process is done
- The user is also required to open the QuickBooks tool Hub
See this also: How to Rectify QuickBooks Errors 1904 and 1402?
Step 2: Running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In this step, the user needs to visit the installation issues tab and also click on the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- After that, wait for some time, as it might take time to configure
- once it gets configured, make sure to click on yes and accept the license agreement
- Also, click on proceed to begin with the repairs on QuickBooks desktop components
- The last step is to reboot the system
Read it also: How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 2107?
Solution 2: Update your Windows
An outdated windows might lead to this sort of error, thus it is recommended to update the windows immediately. The user can update the windows by carrying out the steps below:
- To begin with, the user is supposed to right click the start tab and then choose settings tab
- Also click on update and security tab
- And also select windows update section
- The user is then required to click on check for updates
- Also, the updates will start installing automatically, if available
- Lastly, reboot the system
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks repair tool
The user can also make use of QuickBooks repair tool, in order to get rid of the error. This can be done using the below steps:
- First of all, the user needs to know the location of QuickBooks file, and then click on the “Select file” option.
- The next step is to, click on “search files option“.
- After that, for scanning the selected file, the user needs to “Scan file“.
- Now, click on the “Company button“.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click the “customer tab“, to see the customer related information.
- The next step in the process is to click on the “vendor button“.
- And then, hit the “Employees option“.
- Now, click on the repair tab and then the user will see a “save as dialog box“.
- After that hit “start“.
- The user will see a message on the screen as repair process completed successfully.
- The last step is to click “OK tab“, and close the box to end the process.
Read Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error c=51?
Solution 4: Restoring the system to an early point
In this particular method, the user needs to select the restore point from the most recent backup of the system that was created earlier. After that the files and programs will be saved on the system and to the restore point that has been selected. The steps to be performed in this process are as follows:
- The very first thing is to move to the Start tab and then type in system restore and then press enter key
- Also, click on the system restore tab
- The user is the required to enter the system administrator password
- And also, this will open up a wizard window. The user will have to follow the on-screen prompts and select the restore point as desired
- The last step is to restore the system and begin with QuickBooks software
Solution 5: Run windows file checker
The user needs to carry out a process user windows system file checker. This is a highly useful windows inbuilt tool, which permits the user to scan the corruptions in the windows system files.
- The user needs to tap on the Start tab
- And then type in command in the search box, and avoid pressing Enter key
- The next step is to press Ctrl and shift, and then hit Enter key
- The user will now see a permission dialog box
- Where he/she is supposed to click Yes
- Now, a black box with blinking cursor will appear
- And then, the user needs to type sfc/scannow and hit enter key
- System file checker will then scan the error and other system file issues
- Now, carry out the on-screen prompts
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15215?
Solution 6: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- The user is first required to close the company files and QuickBooks
- After that open the windows start menu
- The next step is to look for QuickBooks desktop and right click the icon and choose run as admin
- Now, the user needs to visit the help menu while on the no company open screen and then choose the update QuickBooks desktop.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to move to the options tab and also choose the mark all and opt for save
- The user is then required to navigate to the update now tab and then choose reset update checkbox
- After that select get updates
- And then close and reopen QuickBooks after the update finishes. For installing update, select YES
- And then reboot the system.
Solution 7: Restart your Computer in Selective Startup
- The very first step is to press the Windows + R keys and then the run box will appear
- The next step is to type MSCONFIG into the run box and hit OK button
- After that select the selective startup option in the general tab and also ensure that you have unchecked the load startup items option
- Now, click on OK tab
- And then, select the restart tab if asked
- The last step is to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks desktop
Once you are done with uninstall and reinstall of QuickBooks, make sure to get the system back to the normal startup mode
- For this, the user needs to press the Windows press Windows + R keys and open the run window
- After that, the user needs to type MSCONFIG into the Run box and then hit OK key.
- Also, choose the normal startup option
- And then click on the Apply and OK tabs
- The last step is to reboot the system
Resolving QuickBooks error code 1722 is pretty easy, all you got to do is keep a track of the symptoms and causes of the error to find the right solution. In case, you have queries or the problem doesn’t get fixed then you can seek assistance from 24/7 QuickBooks support providers by dialing toll-free 1(844)521-0490. They will give you a quick solution and also guide you to avoid such errors in the near future.
More helpful articles