QuickBooks is one of the best online accounting software used that is mainly used in business to manage all the financial aspects like tax payment, invoicing, bank account tracking and inventory, accepts business payments as well. But while working with QuickBooks accounting software you may encounter several errors. QuickBooks Error Code 1618 is another kind of error that you may experienced during QuickBooks Desktop installation on the system that causes many technical issues. And the error messages during QuickBooks Error Code 1618 that displays on the screen are stated as:
‘There was a problem installing Microsoft runtime library (Error1618)’. OR
Error 1618: “ERROR _ INSTALL _ ALREADY _ RUNNING” error message when you run the Setup program.
So in this Blog we will discuss and understand this QuickBooks Error 1618 along with its signs, causes and optimum troubleshooting solutions.
Some Common Signs of QuickBooks Error Code 1618 are mentioned below:
- As soon as QuickBooks Error Code 1618 message appears on the screen it suddenly crashes the active window.
- Window performs in a very sluggish way.
- This error freezes your computer too.
- This also causes incomplete installation process.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1618 occurrence are:
In order to fix this QuickBooks error 1618 in effective way at first it is very important to know its causes, for this let us read given bullet point mentioned below:
- Incomplete or corrupted installation of QuickBooks software on your system.
- Deletion of essential QuickBooks related files due to some virus attack or by some malware program.
- It is also caused by corrupted Window registry.
- Damaged installation of Microsoft Runtime libraries.
- Poor functioning of installer program MSIEXEC (Microsoft Installer Executable) that helps user to install application on windows.
Possible Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1618 are:
Here are some basic troubleshooting methods that can fix QuickBooks Error Code 1618 that you can follow are:
SOLUTION 1: To Install and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tools.
QB install Diagnostic tool is a tool that is designed to identify and fixes the installation error by self only. And for this:
- Close all the applications that are opened and also close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, download QuickBooks tool hub file on your web browser and save it to the easiest location where you can easily access it.
- Now, open QuickBooksToolHub.exe file on your desktop and install it by following instructions step by step that are displayed on the screen.
- Once the installation is done successfully next choose ‘installation issues’.
- Finally run this QuickBooks install diagnostic tool by clicking on it.
- This tool will automatically resolve the QuickBooks error code 1618.
SOLUTION 2: Update the version of Windows installer.
- At First you all need to log in your computer as system admin.
- Then check if the windows installer is updated or not.
You may also like: How to Access QuickBooks Remotely (QuickBooks Remote Access)?
Now, move on to my computer.
- And, then navigate to open C:\WINDOWS\system32 and right click on the .exe file.
- Choose for the properties and the next task is to check the Version.
- Now you have all the information which is related to the windows installer’ version.
- Next step is to update the QuickBooks software if its updates are available.
- Then, finally all you need is to reboot the system.
SOLUTION 3: Reinstallation of Microsoft Runtime libraries through Microsoft C++ Redistribute Package.
- At First you have to download Microsoft C++ Redistribute Package.
- For 32bit computer, then you need to open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and click on the download.
- For 64bit computer, then you need to open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) and then hit the download option.
- Next, save the files that you have downloaded on locations of your system that are easily accessible.
- Now let the download process to finish and after that then double-click on the downloaded file named “vcredist_X86.exe” or “vcredist_X64.exe” depending on whether you are using 32bit and 64bit computer respectively.
- Do perform all the on-screen instructions carefully to finish the download process.
- Next Open QuickBooks Tool Hub that you have downloaded in earlier and select on the Program Problems tab.
- Now, click on the Quick Fix my Program tool to run it and let the tool run to fix the issue.
SOLUTION 4: Build backup for the Windows Registry.
- Initially, Click on the START button with windows from the taskbar.
- Tab Windows + R key to run command option.
- Type ‘ Regedit’ in the blank area hit the OK button.
- Go to ‘My Computer’ and move to the file menu and after then to the ‘Export’ option.
- Select ‘All option from the export and save the created backup windows registry.
- Once the backup is done on your system, delete the keys.
- Along with this it will delete the sub keys also.
SOLUTION 5: Verify and End the Instance of MSIEXEC.EXE Running in the Background.
If QuickBooks Desktop error code 1618 still occurs after following several methods then check if there are instances of multiple Microsoft Installer Executable (MSIEXEC) processes running in your system’s background, the try to close them as Windows often blocks the installations or the update processes of the program that are taking place simultaneously.
- Tap on the CTRL + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard together to open the Task Manager.
- Select and Open Processes tab on your system.
- Go to the image Name column to sort the list in the alphabetical order.
- Search and choose the processes named MSIEXEC.EXE and close them by clicking on the End Process button.
- Close Task Manager window and try to install the QuickBooks application.
So, after reading the blog, you may understand why the error 1618 in your QuickBooks Desktop occurs on your system and how can you eliminate this error. And even after following the above mentioned troubleshooting solutions, you are unable to sort out the error. We would suggest you to connect with our QuickBooks Experts for technical guidance via our Toll-Free Number +1-844-521-0490. They will help you to get rid of QuickBooks error 1618 from its root cause in a prompt manner.