Coming across errors in QuickBooks is pretty common and the best part about this software is that each of its error can be rectified performing some set of steps. One such error that we are going to talk about here is QuickBooks error code 1612. This error is usually seen when the user tries to open the QuickBooks software or a company file. It can also be experienced when updating the software, or when the update process stops suddenly bringing an error message on the screen. It is followed by a warning message that states “Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible”. If you are interested in getting rid of such an error, then make sure to read the article till the end.
However, if you need our assistance, then feel free to get in touch with our tech support team at +1-844-521-0490, and let our experts help you in dealing with such an error.
Signs of QuickBooks error code 1612
The user can identify such an error with the below stated signs and symptoms
- One of the major signs of QuickBooks error 1612 can be if the system doesn’t respond suddenly
- Or if the QuickBooks accounting software stops responding
- Another reason can be if the windows operating system freezes
- Or the QuickBooks software freezes a couple of times
- Another sign can be if the software and the system isn’t taking the keyboard and mouse inputs
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15107
What causes QuickBooks error code 1612?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below stated set of factors:
- One of the major reasons can be if the user is trying to install QuickBooks accounting software from a CD that is either defective or has some other issue
- Also, the user can face a similar issue if the windows registry files are corrupted or damaged
- Another reason can be if the system shuts down inappropriacy
- Moreover, in case there is any sort of virus or malware attack.
- The user can also face a similar issue if the windows installer files are deleted abruptly
Read Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007
Quick fixes to error code 1612
- The user can reset the Patch by redownloading it, only if it doesn’t work.
- The user is required to access the share download folder option and then turn it off by clicking on the OFF tab
- Once done with that click on the save tab
- Now, turn it on and hit save again
- This will reset the folder You have to access the Share Download Folder option and turn it off and on one by one.
- However, if this doesn’t work, the user is recommended to repair the installation by adding or removing or uninstalling and changing the control panel and then performing the steps related to the installation patch
- Under this process, the user is recommended to click on the start tab
- And then click on command and avoid hitting enter
- Once done with that, the user should press ctrl and shift and hit enter
- The user will then be guided to a permission dialog box
- Where, the user will have to click on yes tab
- This will open up a black box that will display a blinking cursor
- And then the user is supposed to enter in “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
- After this, the system File Checker will begin scanning for QuickBooks Error 1612 and other system file problems
- The user will have to wait for some time as this process might take its time to complete
- And then the user will have to perform the onscreen steps to conclude the process
Steps for Windows 8:
- The user is required to place the cursor in the bottom left of the screen to open up the Start Menu image.
- After that right Click to bring up the Start Context Menu.
- The next step is to click on the Programs and Features.
- After that, look for Windows Installer Error Code 1612-associated program under the Name column.
- And then click on the Windows Installer-associated entry.
- Now, click on Uninstall/Change
- And perform the onscreen steps to complete the uninstallation of your QuickBooks Error Code 1612-associated program.
Steps for Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- The very first step is to click on the start tab and then open the programs and features tab
- Once done with that, click on the Control Panel on the right side menu.
- The user should then click on the Programs and Programs and Features tabs respectively
- The user should then locate the error associated program from the name column
- And the click on the windows installer related entry
- After that click on uninstall tab
- And perform the onscreen steps to complete the uninstallation
Steps for Windows XP:
- The very first step is to click on the Start button
- After that, Open Programs and Features
- The user should then click Control Panel and then Click Add or Remove Programs.
- After that spot the Windows Installer Error Code 1612-associated program from the list of Currently Installed Programs.
- Also, click on the Windows Installer-associated entry.
- Now, click on remove tab
- And perform the onscreen steps to uninstall the error associated program
Coming towards the end of the article, it is expected that the user might be able to successfully fix QuickBooks error code 1612. But if in case the user isn’t able to, then all you need is to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at +1-844-521-0490. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide immediate support services.