Are you facing QuickBooks Error 15107?? Does it bother you a lot? This error code might be very annoying & frustrating for you…! Well, if you need immediate help for this specific error – you must go through this technical blog post. We have come up with this post, with an aim to brief the QuickBooks users with the causes and quick fixes to the error code 15107. This error is encountered in the QuickBooks payroll 2017. This error code comes up with an error message saying “The update programme cannot be initialized“. For further error related information, make sure to read this post carefully till the end.
If you are looking for instant professional support – you can also get in touch with the expert accounting experts and QuickBooks enterprise support consultants. We own a team of experts and certified professionals, who can fix this error for you in the least possible time. All you will need to do is to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and our executives will be there to provide you round the clock assistance.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error 323?
Brief into QuickBooks error 15107 and its effects
QuickBooks error code 15107 occurs when the user is unable to download the payroll updates release by Intuit QuickBooks. This is a payroll error that states that the payroll update program can’t be initialized. This error can be problematic for the ones using the latest update of QuickBooks payroll 2017. The effects of error 15107 can be as follows:
- The system might shut down
- Or, the payroll stops working
- The accounting process becomes inefficient
Also, there can be certain factors leading to this error code, which we will be discussing below in this post.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15107?
This error code usually occurs while updating QuickBooks or doing a payroll update. For manual solution, you can also see the manual fixation steps in this blog. Here are some of the reasons behind to this error:
- Incomplete or deliberately closed QuickBooks update.
- Damage or corrupt registry files.
- Payroll files are corrupted or damaged.
- Firewall settings is blocking the connection.
- There is a virus or malware attack on your computer or network.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15107?
There can be very many solutions to this error, which the user can implement. The user can follow the below given troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the error code 15107
Solution 1: Restart your Computer
The very first method is to restart the system. Many times, various errors can be easily resolved with the help of rebooting the system.
Restart the QuickBooks as well as your system. This process compels the error code to reset & vanish from the system screen. Hence, it will allow the system and software work more effectively. If the error persists, go to the next solution shown below.
Read Also: What are .ND files in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 2: Run reboot.bat file
Now comes the second method, which is to run reboot.bat file. This process involves a few simple steps, which are as follows:
- On the keyboard, press the “Windows” or “Start” key.
- In the search dialogue box, type-in the ‘reboot.bat’ and later, tap on the “Enter” tab.
- The command prompt windows will appear on the screen.
- Dozens of file name will show up to your device screen. If you try to shut it down forcefully that might cause problem. Thus, do not so it…!
- Once the reboot.bat utility completed…! Allow it to shut down by its own.
Solution 3: Download the QuickBooks Update
Downloading the QuickBooks update can also help the user in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 15107. All you have to do is to follow the steps below:
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks application.
- And then move to the ‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version>\Components’.
- After that, the user needs to spot the folder by its name ‘DownloadQBxx’ where xx denotes the QuickBooks version. Example: DownloadQB17
- Followed by renaming the folder as ‘DownloadQBxx.OLD’.
- Open the QuickBooks application again.
- Navigate to “Help” tab =>“Update QuickBooks Desktop” icon =>“Update Now” option.
- Click on the “Reset the Updates” icon.
- To download the latest QB update, click on the “Get Updates” button.
- Once the QuickBooks download, close, and reopen…! Click on the “Install the Update” icon.
Read it also: How to fix QuickBooks desktop freezing up problem?
Solution 4: Fix the Internet Explorer, Security, and Firewall
- The user needs to make sure that date & time on the system is correct.
- And then verifying the network strength is a must.
- Use the ‘Internet’ option & ‘Tools’ to update or restore the settings.
Solution 5: Perform the QuickBooks Clean Installation
Utilize the ‘QuickBooks Clean Install’ tool to assist you troubleshoot this error.
Follow the instruction as shown below: –
- Download the QuickBooks clean install tool by clicking here and save it on the computer.
- To open the setup file, hit on the “QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe”.
- A permission box will pop-up; click on the ‘I Accept’ icon on license agreement.
- Later, choose the “Continue” tab.
- Finally, hit on the “OK” icon.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1911?
If you are facing any problem associated with the QuickBooks payroll – you can contact the QuickBooks payroll support team. While updating, installing, or downloading QuickBooks application into the system – you may encounter some hindrance. At such instance, you should dial the our toll-free support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490 to get in touch with our certified professionals. Thus, do not hesitate in talking to our support team and let them fix the bug for you.
You may also like