Learn how to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057 at the time you trying to open your company file:
Ended up in an error when working on QuickBooks? Well, errors are common in QuickBooks, one such error can be QuickBooks Error Code 0x80070057. This is generally encountered when QuickBooks accounts manager creates the company file in QuickBooks 2014 version. You can land into such an error when the user attempts to open up the exact same file and it does not open. Every time the user attempts to open up the file within QuickBooks 2014, an error message shows up on the screen that informs the file was created in the earlier version. This error indicates that the manager is getting QuickBooks Error 0x80070057 while opening up the file. Not only this, it also indicates that the manager does not have sufficient rights to read or write, as well as create or delete the company file.
The user might also receive different-different error message when this error occurs. The error messages might include the following:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions or 80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
Error Code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
Error: “80070057: parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
QuickBooks Error: “80070057, the parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file [path and name].”
Error: “80070057 the parameter is incorrect” and “You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files…”
In order to resolve this error, please follow the instructions provided listed below. However, the user can also contact to data recovery support team to save the precious time and efforts. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks error support team today. Our experts and certified professionals will be happy to fix this error for you.
Read also: Resolve QuickBooks activation error swiftly
What is QuickBooks error 80070057?
Before digging in deep, and learning the different causes, symptoms, an solutions of QuickBooks error code 80070057, it would be better to take a brief look at what this error is all about. error 80070057 is one of the most common errors that comes up with an error message stating “the parameter is incorrect“, especially when the user attempts to open company file. This error basically means that the user is not having enough permission to delete the files from a particular folder. In order to fix this error, it is important to first understand why this error is happening. So, let us first check out the factors that leads to Error code 80070057.
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 0x80070057
The QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 generally takes place, when the user attempts to open the file from a workstation that is located on a Web server or a host computer. This can also be named as QuickBooks Multi-user configuration.
Checkout the potential causes of error 80070057:
- Incorrect Firewall and Internet security settings
- Network Data (.ND) could be damaged you are attempting to open up a portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- There is a damage in your company file at the time of installation of QuickBooks
- QuickBooks files are damaged or corrupted
- Company file extensions has changed
- File extensions is wrong like: (.qbm, .qbb, .qbx.)
- 3rd party Firewall is not configured
Symptoms of error code 80070057
If the user wishes to easily identify the error code 80070057, then keeping the following signs and symptoms in mind is important.
- If the QuickBooks Program Windows crashes again and again.
- Another symptom of the error can be the sluggish response of the system to keyboard and mouse inputs.
- If the message the parameter is incorrect displays on the screen.
- When the user doesn’t have the permission to delete the company files.
- In case you company file gets collapsed suddenly, then you might encounter this type of error.
- If your system crashes regularly, then you can face QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- The user can also identify the error code 80070057 when the system freezes continuously.
Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks error code 80070057
Check Out the Info-graphic to Understand the Fixation of Error 80070057 in Short
There can be more than one methods to get rid of this error. Thus, fixing QuickBooks error code 80070057 becomes much easier with the methods listed below:
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15215?
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
The very first method is to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version. Updating the software fixes various bugs, as it rolls in with new features and also the fixes to the pertaining bugs. The steps involved in this process are:
- The very first step is to visit the help menu.
- And then, choose the update QuickBooks option.
- Once done with that, the user needs to launch the update now tab and then select the reset update box only when the user wants to erase the earlier update downloads.
- Now the user is supposed to opt for the get updates option and then hit the start QuickBooks again option.
- Lastly, verify that the QB error code 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Change the Extension:
- Initially you need to “Create a new folder“.
- After that copy the Company file & paste it into a new folder.
- Followed by hitting a right-click on the new folder & then select the “Rename” icon.
- The next step in the process is to alter the QB file extension with the .qbm.
- And then click anywhere to save the changes.
- Now, restore the portable file by opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you’re facing problem while launching QuickBooks, just rename the extension to .qbb.
- Now open the QuickBooks & then “Restore the Backup“.
- Rename the extension to .qbx, if the file doesn’t open.
- Finally, Open the QuickBooks Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder into Flash drive:
- Firstly Open the “Windows Explorer” and then open QuickBooks.
- Now go to the “File” icon, then hit a right-click & choose the “New Folder” icon.
- Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” out of Flash drive and paste it into a fresh folder.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks desktop & open a new folder.
Solution 2: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
At times, when none of the methods fix the issue, the user can clean install of the QuickBooks. The process involves uninstalling and re-installing the QuickBooks software. This can remove the technical snags pertaining in the software. Steps to clean install QuickBooks:
- The very first step is to check if you actually need QuickBooks clean installation
- After that ensure to take a backup of the data
- Once done with that make sure to uninstall QuickBooks using the necessary set of steps
- After that install QuickBooks tool hub to use QuickBooks clean install tool
- Now, run the tool
- And lastly, reinstall QuickBooks
Solution 3: Check the Company file name extension
The user can check the company file name extension, in order to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057. The steps to be followed, in order to check the company file name extension are as follows:
- First of all hit a right-click on the company file.
- After that choose the “Properties” tab.
- Click on the ‘QuickBooks’ icon.
- Note the file extension in the Filename field and then open QuickBooks in the last opened with an file.
- Finally, click on the “OK” icon.
You may also read: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
Solution 4: Configure the BitDefender
This method is option, as not everyone is having BitDefender. In case you are using BitDefender, then this method can work for you in fixing the issue.
- Firstly navigate to the “BitDefender 10.0” menu.
- After that choose “Antivirus“ program.
- Now go to the “Custom Level“ opt and select to “Exclude path from the scan” .
- Next choose the “New item“ option then.
- Lastly select the “Mapped drive” or “UNC path” that is used to browse to the company file. (For example as “Q:\”)
Solution 5: Locate your company file to default location
If your company file is saved in a different location, move it to its default location.
- Firstly you need to close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that search to the location of your company file.
- Hit a right click on company file (.QBW) and then choose “Copy” option.
- After that search to the default location ( “C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files“) and hit a right-click on it and choose “Paste” option.
- Now open your QuickBooks desktop and choose “Find a company file” option.
- After that select “Local Drives“, and then search the company file name.
- Once the “Scan process” completes choose the correct company file and then click on “Open“.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks error code 6144
Solution 6: Configuring the firewall settings
At times, the firewall or other security software can hinder the smooth working process and also end up in causing the QuickBooks error 80070057. Thus, the user can configure the firewall settings in order to fix the issue. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
To configure the firewall while for multi-user mode follow the steps:
- The first step in this process is to add exceptions in the firewall.
- After that follow the firewall provider’s instructions for changing the firewall settings, which will allow the user to send and receive data.
- The last step in the process is to uninstall and re-install the firewall software if the error persists.
Solution 7: Rescan your file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press the “Windows key” on your keyboard.
- After that type “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” at there.
- Then you need to “Add a Folder” to display the “Browse Folder” window.
- Now select the folder where your company file is saved.
- After that click on “OK” icon.
- Choose “Start Scan button” to scan the company file database.
- Once the scan process completed just “re-open the company file” once.
Solution 8: Accessing QuickBooks as System Admin
- First of all, the user is required to look for QuickBooks icon and then right click on the same.
- The next step is to opt for Run as administrator.
- In case your company file didn’t open automatically then you need to choose the company file, and then select Open.
- Lastly, check if the error continues.
Solution 9: Accessing the QuickBooks company file accordingly
- In case the user is accessing the Windows version 8, followed by selecting the Windows key and click on choose all programs.
- The next step is to work on the Windows version 8 or 10, then move to QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to select the version of QuickBooks to be launched.
- Now, the user has to check whether the QuickBooks company file is opened or not.
- Moving ahead, if the QB company file is not opened then, the user should select open and verify whether the error is still persisting or not.
Solution 10: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
If none of the above process worked for you and the error code 80070057 remains intact, then running QuickBooks file doctor tool might work for you. The QBFD is a tool offered by the Intuit, that helps in resolving all sorts of company file issues. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all you need to close your QuickBooks desktop
- After that Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it to your computer.
- Double click on “QuickBooksToolHub.exe file” to open it. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to install and “agree to the terms and conditions” of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the installation completes double click on the “Icon” to open the tool.
- After that you need to choose the “Company File Issues” tab inside the tool hub.
- Now choose “Run QuickBooks File Doctor“.
Note: The process may take up to one or two minute to open the file doctor.
- Now in File Doctor, you need to choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- In case you are unable to find your company file then select “Browse and search” option to find your company file.
- Now choose “Check your file” option and then click on “Continue“.
- Lastly, you need to enter your “QuickBooks admin password” and then choose “Next“ option.
- Once the scan process finishes, just open your QuickBooks desktop and your company file to check that the ongoing problem is solved or the scan process is unsuccessful.
The scan procedure will depends on your company file size. Most of the times this process takes up to 3 to 5 minutes.
It can be very much annoying, but at the same time it is not much difficult to rectify. I hope this post might be helpful for you in getting rid of any such error. If the QuickBooks error 80070057 persists or you find the above shown steps too much time consuming – You can contact our certified professionals at their toll-free helpline number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. In case, you need help related to QuickBooks installation, update, or upgrade issue then you can QuickBooks enterprise support team now. Our team will be happy to help you!
You may also like these articles: