QuickBooks accounting software has been go-to accounting software for all sorts of businesses and organizations in the market. However, the only drawback of this software is the technical issues that might appear when working on this software. One such technical error that we are going to talk about today is QuickBooks error code 5502.
This particular error code can be seen due to a variety of reasons. The user can also end up in such an error when the software fails to connect to the server. It appears on the screen with a warning message that states “Sync is not completed properly” or “QuickBooks data has been uploaded, but failed to connect via the server”. However, the issue can be fixed by performing some set of steps that we are going to discuss later in this article. To learn more about the causes and fixes of such an error, make sure to read the post till the end or contact our tech professionals at 1-844-521-0490.
What factors trigger QuickBooks error code 5502?
The user can experience such an error due to the following reasons:
- Erroneous renaming of expansion records in Windows such as ,QBM, .QBB, or .QBX can lead to such an error
- Or if there is damage in the QuickBooks company file
- Another reason can be if the document located in USB’s blaze drive
- Change in company’s document augmentation
- An expansion record .QBB has been physically renamed in Mac can also land the user in such an error
Also read: How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop?
Steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 5502
The user can try performing the below-stated steps to fix the error code successfully:
Method 1: Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Initially, the user is required to press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Furthermore, go for QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Now, click on Add Folder, and this will display Browse Folder
- Later on the user should choose the folder where your company file is stored and then hit OK
- One last step is to click on scan and then re-open the company file to check if the error gets fixed or not
Method 2: Uninstalling & Reinstalling QuickBooks Application
- Herein, the user is supposed to first uninstall QuickBooks application
- And later on, rename the installation folder to proceed further
- The last step is to download and install QuickBooks and check if the error continues
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 175305?
Method 3: Change the name of the .ND File
- The first step is to head to the folder that carries the QuickBooks company file and open it
- Locate the corresponding network file with extension . ND
- Once done with that right-click .ND file and select Rename
- After that add .OLD at the end of the file name
Method 4: Create A New Folder & Copy The Company File
- The user can first create a new folder on the Desktop and then copy the company file in this newly created folder
- Once done with that right-click the file to rename and change the file extension to QBM
- After that launch the QuickBooks application and also restore all the portable files
- Now, change the rename the extension of the erroneous company file
- Also, restore the backups
- In case the file with the extension .QBX is still not opening, rename it
- The user should try installing the latest version of the Sync Manager
Towards the end of this article, we expect that the reader might be successfully able to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 5502. However, if for some reason the error continues to trouble the user, then contacting our technical support professionals at 1-844-521-0490 is suggested. We are a team of technically sound professionals who work around the clock to provide the best possible support services immediately.