Working on QuickBooks is often interrupted by some or the other sort of error. Technical issues are pretty much common in QuickBooks. One such error that we are going to talk about is QuickBooks POS error 193. Well, this can be a unique error that appears on the screen with an error message that states “QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooks DBXX service on local computer”. Coming across such an error is probable when the user tries to open or use QuickBooks desktop in multi-user mode.
As a result of such an error, the user might not be able to start with QuickBooksDB27 service manually. Even at the time of starting QuickBooks database server manager, the user can end up in such an error. There can be a couple of factors triggering such an error. But at the same time, there are a couple of solutions that can be performed to deal with this issue. In this article, we will be discussing the complete causes and fixes to such an error. If you are interested, go through this post till the end. Or contact our tech team at 1(844)521-0490, and they will provide you with instant support services.
What drags you to QuickBooks error 193?
Ending up in such an error is probable due to the following reasons:
- One of the major causes can be when trying to open a deleted or merged customers names
- Another basic cause can be if you have same department codes or names in the software
- Just in case there are few damaged QB company files
- Or the QuickBooks software has corrupted customer list at the remote store
- Also, if there is corrupted or damaged .qbt files in the database
Effective fixes to QuickBooks error code 193
Fixing the QuickBooks error code 193 isn’t easy. But performing the steps and procedures listed below will help in dealing with such an error.
Method 1: Update windows 10/server 2016 version 1803 manually
- Under this process, the user is supposed to select the customer from the list and also click on the shift tab
- Furthermore, for using version 9
- The user should press ctrl + A for all the customers and then head to the file menu of the headquarter server
- Once done with that, the user should validate the mailbag in the store and select the utilities tab and also resend the same
You may also like: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Method 2: Clean installation of QuickBooks
- This method requires you to press windows start tab or click on the start tab on the system
- Furthermore, head to the control panel and open it
- The next step is to go for programs and features option and also choose uninstall a program
- Moving ahead, the user should select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs
- And also choose uninstall/change option and click on remove
- The last step in the process is to hit next and reinstall the QuickBooks
Method 3: Remove .qbt files in remote and headquarter server
- At first, the user should delete the files at headquarters
- This can be done by heading to Windows OS:C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks point of salex.x\STex
- The user should then check all the folders and if he/she is able to find the qbt files, then deleting them is the only option
- Delete the files at remote store
- Herein, the user is supposed to enter in qbt in the search bar
- Later on, delete the qbt files
- Lastly, close the windows and clean up the recycle bin
- Make new remote file
- In this process, the user is required to select files and company operations and also click on the create new company tab
- Once done with that, enter in company name and also choose remote store
- Enter the store number
- Concluding the process, the user should resend the mailbag from the headquarters to remote store
You may like this: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
Once you perform the set of steps and procedures listed above, it would be easy for you to tackle through the QuickBooks error code 193. But if for some reason you continue to land into the same issue again and again, then in that scenario, feel free to contact our QuickBooks support professionals at 1(844)521-0490. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services immediately.
More helpful articles: