No doubt, QuickBooks is one such software which comes with several advanced features making work of the organizations simpler and quicker. But some obstacles come in the way of this software as well. QuickBooks Error 15271 is the error that occurs when one downloads the payroll updates or tries to update the tax tables of payroll.
This error generally occurs while updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update, The error appears with the two messages:
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
These both error messages indicates that there is a file that cannot be validated.
What is QuickBooks error 15271?
QuickBooks error 15271 is usually seen while installing the payroll update. The windows initially validate the file that the user has downloaded for its integrity. Moreover, the windows detects the issues and bugs in the downloaded file while validating, then in that case the it might come up with an error message stating as “A file cannot be validated” error. Along with that, the error might also be seen at the time of updating other windows applications. Read ahead to explore further!
Similar Article: What is QuickBooks error code 15107?
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15271?
- When the QuickBooks Pro is not installed completely or the download software file is corrupted
- Windows registry is corrupted after a change in QB pro related software.
- There is corruption in Windows file system due to some virus or malware infection
- Maybe some QuickBooks Pro related files have been deleted by some other program
- Windows files that requires to run QuickBooks may damaged or corrupted
- Incorrect SSL of Internet Explorer
Important Points before troubleshooting the error
We recommend you to Create a backup of your company file:
- At first, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop
- After that Go to File menu.
- Click on Backup Company and hit a click on Create Local Backup
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of your company file.
Read Also: How to solve QuickBooks error code 6073?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271: Maintenance Releases and Update Error?
Follow the below given steps in order to resolve QuickBooks error 15271 like a Pro:
Solution 1: Turn Off User Account Control
For Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Go to Control Panel.
- For Windows 7, choose Start and go to Control Panel.
- For Windows 8 and 10, type Control Panel in the Start menu and click on it.
- Type UAC in the search box and then, click on ‘Change user account settings’
- Move the slider to ensure that you are notified to turn off UAC
- Click OK button. Enter the password if it is required. Restart the computer.
- Move the slider to be notified turn on UAC and click OK.
For Windows Vista
- The very first step is to select the windows logo
- And then, look for the control panel
- After that, the user needs to type UAC in the search box and then hit enter
- Also, click on the turn user account control on or off
- And then, click to clear the use user account control checkbox to turn off the UAC
- After that, click on OK button
- And to end the process, restart the system
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Click on Help menu.
- Update QuickBooks > choose Update QuickBooks > Update Now > Reset Update > Get Updates
- Reopen the ‘Update Complete’ message which appears on the screen.
- Click Install Now if you have received the message to install the update
- Restart the Computer.
Read Also: Ways to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15241
Solution 3: Do the Clean Install of QuickBooks
- Press ‘Windows + R’ keys and type ‘misconfig’ and then, click OK.
- Click on Selective Startup and select Load System Services
- In Services > hide Microsoft services > Disable all tab > un-check hide all Microsoft services
- Ensure that Windows Installer is marked as checked
- Click Restart in System Configuration
- Install or Reinstall function of QuickBooks once the system is booted.
Read this also: How to Repair QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Alternative Solutions you may try:
- Fix all the registry entries which are associated with the error
- Run a malware scan on the computer
You may also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
- Clean all the system junks
- Update the PC drivers
- Update Windows to the latest version
- Download and Update your payroll tax tables.
Read this also: How to Rectify QuickBooks Errors 1904 and 1402?
- If you still receive the error, install/uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
After following all the above steps, you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks error 15271. But if you face any problem or the error persists, then call us on our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490 which is a toll-free number and our experts are available round the clock to resolve your error.