Learn how to Fix Error 15222 when you download a Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update
Stumbled upon Error 15222 and unable to deal with it? Well, if yes, then you have stopped at the right place. QuickBooks error code 15222 is basically related to the payroll service. This might disturb the user while he/she is in the middle of downloading a payroll or updating QuickBooks desktop. This error might allow the user to access the company file, but might not allow to update the QuickBooks software. This error is seen in QuickBooks desktop 2016, 2017, 2018, and later versions. We will be discussing about the causes and fixes of the QuickBooks error 15222 later in this post.
Thus, make sure that you read this post carefully till the end. Moreover, if you feel that fixing this error is too technical for you, then feel free to contact our certified QuickBooks professionals via our toll-free support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. We are team of U.S based certified experts, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. So, do not hesitate in calling us right away.
You might also read: How to fix QuickBooks error 12007?
What is QuickBooks error 15222?
Well, before you proceed further, it would be better to understand information related to the QuickBooks error 15222. This error is usually seen at the time of updating a company file or payroll. The user will be notified with an error message stating “The probable reason for the error 15222 is browser incompatibility”. There can be numerous causes behind the error, which includes antispyware, antimalware, or anti-adware count updates or downloadable files as thread, the internet explorer unable to register digital signature, etc. The causes and fixes of this error are discussed below in this article. Thus, continue reading and unleash the fixes for the same.
What triggers to QuickBooks error 15222?
There are numerous factors that might trigger the QuickBooks error 15222. This error message might pop-up while downloading the payroll or QuickBooks update and could be faced due to various reasons. Some of the common reasons behind the occurrence of such issue can be:
- The major factor causing this error can be, antispyware, antiadware, antimalware, analysing QuickBooks as threat. It should be noted that this error is not typically associated with antivirus software, but it can be if it is coupled with antispyware
- The internet explorer function for registering digital signature is not working anymore.
- Another factor causing the issue can be default browser is not set to internet explorer.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks payroll error 15222
Below we have sum up a list of fixes for the QuickBooks error 15222. The user is recommended to download the latest tax table again after a couple of steps.
Step 1: Update the antispyware programs to allow the following exceptions
The very first solution step can be to update the antispyware programs to permit the exceptions stated below:
- Qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe processes
- QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com and payroll.com domains
Step 2: Installing a digital signature certificate
If the above step doesn’t work to resolve the issue, the user can install a digital signature certificate. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In order to install the digital signature certificate, the user can close the QuickBooks desktop (In case QuickBooks is open, the user will not see the digital signature tab)
- After that, the user will need to do a windows search for QBW32.exe, located on the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- And then, right click the digital signature tab and then ensure the Intuit Inc. is selected in the signature list
- Followed by clicking on details
- And also, in the digital signature details window, make sure to click on the view certificate
- The next step is to click on the install certificate in the certificate window
- Once done with that, click on next until finish is displayed. And then clock on finish
- After that, the user needs to reboot the system
- And also, open the QuickBooks software
- And towards the end, download the update again
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Step 3: Verifying the internet connection settings
Many times, the internet connection settings might lead to such an issue. Thus, the user might require to verify the internet connection settings, by carrying out the steps below:
- The very initial step is to make internet explorer as the default browser. Also, it should be noted that the Microsoft official launched a new browser named as EDGE for windows 10. At this point, it is not supported by the QuickBooks desktop
- After that, the user needs to verify that the system data and timing is correct
- Followed by checking the cipher strength
Here, the cipher strength should not be lower than 128 encryption, if it is, then it means that the internet explorer is damaged
- And then, update the settings by selecting tools and internet options
- Meanwhile, the user will have to delete the temporary internet files and move to the connections tab
- The user will then have to check LAN settings
- And mark the checkbox present just next to automatically detect settings
- The user will then have to ensure that you have marked SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0
- The last step is to check if the error code 15222 is resolved or not
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks error PS032 or PS077?
Step 4: Making Internet explorer as the default browser
The user can set the Internet explorer as the default browser, by carrying out the steps below:
- For this, the user needs to open the internet explorer. And then, if the shortcut icon is not seen then open the internet explorer using the windows search option
- After that click on windows icon and type internet explorer
- Followed by clicking on the settings icon
- And then selecting the internet options. This will open a new window with different tabs to optimize the internet explorer settings
- After that click on the programs tab
- Under the option that says the default web browser and then click on the make default
- And then click on OK to save the changes
- Lastly, download the updates again and check if the issue has been resolved or not
You may also like: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Expert assistance is a call away!
Getting rid of the QuickBooks payroll error 15222 becomes easy, after carrying out the above listed procedures. However, there can be a situation, when the above stated methods might fail to work for you, or if you are stuck at any point of time, then we would recommend you to consult our accounting professionals and ask them to fix the error for you.
We are a team of QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified QB ProAdvisors, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance. You can contact us via our toll-free support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and get answers to all your queries instantly.