Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code 12157 and don’t know what to do? As per the recent reports, many users have reported this error due to various reasons, such as improper installation, data connectivity issues, upgrade errors, update errors, and what not. This error code falls under the 12000 error series that occurs due to the web connectivity problems with Microsoft Win32 Internet. It should be noted that this API is used by the QuickBooks in order to swiftly access the Internet Protocols such as the FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. Many QB users find it difficult to deal with this type of error. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the causes and fixes to the QuickBooks error code 12157.
Sticking to the article till the end might help the user in fixing the QuickBooks error 12157 with much ease. However, if the user wants expert assistance, then it is recommended to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
What is QuickBooks error 12157?
Talking about the QuickBooks error code 12157, it is a part of the error 12XXX that is usually seen due to the web connectivity issues in the windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 Internet or which is also known as WinInetAPI. Usually, QuickBooks software uses API to run the internet protocols easily mainly FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. Thus, the error 12157 usually takes place while either downloading or setting up updates with the software. Moreover, there are various other facts associated with error code 12157, which we will be exploring later in the post. So, continue reading this!
What triggers QuickBooks error 12157?
Before learning the fixes for any error, it is very important to first find out why the error actually occurred. Thus, below are the triggers to the error 12157. Let us have a look:
- In case the date or time on the system is incorrect.
- The error code 12157 can be a direct result of restrictive settings of firewall and Internet security applications.
- If you system has multiple QuickBooks installed, then this type issue can be encountered.
- Internet and security apps crop up at the time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software.
Methods to deal with QuickBooks error code 12157
There are certain resolutions suggested by experts and certified QB professionals to fix the error manually. However, before carrying out the steps to resolve the error, it is important to update the software to the latest version (i.e. QuickBooks desktop 2020). Following any of the below stated methods might help the users to get rid of this annoying error. So, without further ado let us begin with the list of procedures.
Method 1: Resetting system’s date and time
As one of the reasons behind the occurrence of this, is the erroneous date and time on the system, it is important to rectify the root cause of the error. Thus, the user can follow the below steps to get fix the system’s date and time:
See this also: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
- To begin with, the user is required to visit the clock on the right bottom of the system’s screen.
- After reaching there, right click the mouse.
- And then select the Adjust Date/time from the list that appears after the above step.
- Now, specify or choose the current date as well as time.
- Followed by closing the screen by hitting OK after the date and time has been rectified.
- The next step in the process is to close the QuickBooks.
- And then reopen the QuickBooks.
- Lastly, the user is supposed run the QuickBooks update again and observe whether the error still persists.
Method 2: Restore your computer system
The steps involved in the second method are as follows:
- First of all, click on the start your computer option.
- And then, log in as an system administrator.
- Followed by pressing start to catch and then clicking on all applications, accessories, computer tools, and later on hit the system repair option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to open new window and then click on Re install my PC option, followed by hitting Next.
- Now the user is required to click a restore point and after that hit Next, along with that select the advanced system to restore the point.
- The next step in the process is to hit next, on the confirmation window.
- And the last step is to reboot the system.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15215?
Method 3: Changing the internet connection settings
At times improper internet connection settings might also end up in this type of error. In such cases, the following steps should be carried out:
- Firstly open QuickBooks.
- And then, visit the help menu.
- Followed by selecting the Internet connection setup.
- The next step is to select Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Once done with that the user is required to click on Next.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to open the advanced connection settings.
- And then visit the advanced tab.
- Now, select the restore advanced settings option.
- And lastly hit OK and then done.
Read this also: How to fix QuickBooks Restore Failed error?
Method 4: Adding QuickBooks and its additional processes to the exception of the firewall
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
There can be cases when the firewall or internet security settings are not configured properly. In such cases, the user needs to ensure that the ports 80 and 443 are active.
Also, in such a case, the following list of files should have the access, namely:
You may also read: How to Correct Banking Error 323 in QuickBooks Online?
Though, following the methods listed above will help the users to get rid of QuickBooks error 12157, but if in case the error is still there, then check whether multiple QuickBooks versions are installed on the same system. If this is case, then user will have to manually download and install the updated for different versions of QuickBooks desktop installed on the system. However, if the error is still not rectified then the user is left with the only solution to consult an expert with renowned experience in tackling such errors.
An expert can help the user to fix the issues by identifying the root cause and resolving it. The user can also ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and discuss the issue with our certified experts. Our team will ensure to provide round the clock assistance and the most relevant solution in a single call. So, what are you waiting for, just pick up your phone and make a call right now, our team will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: