Want to know the process to fix QuickBooks error code 12038? Well, in that case reading this article till the end will surely be of some help to you. QuickBooks error code 12038 is seen when updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. The user can also face such an error due to incorrect date/time and also internet connection settings, etc. The error can appear on the screen with an error message that says “Failed to download the update.”
To learn the right set of steps that you can perform to fix QuickBooks error code 12038, all you need to do is to scroll through the article till the end. Or the user can also contact our support team for any sort of assistance at 1-844-521-0490.
What causes QuickBooks error code 12038?
Following can be the causes behind QuickBooks error code 12038:
- One of the major causes can be if the date and time is incorrect.
- Another reason can be if the internet connection settings aren’t set correctly.
- Also, if the system is having more than one version of QuickBooks.
Important points to remember
Below points should be kept in mind:
- The user should create a backup before proceeding further by using the steps below:
- Move to the QuickBooks software and select file menu
- The next step is to click on backup company tab and also move to the create local backup
- Perform the onscreen prompts to create a backup company file.
Related Post: How to Resolve QuickBooks error code 7010?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 12038
The user can perform the below set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 12038:
Method 1: Check firewall and application settings
The user is suggested to ensure that port 80 and 443 are enabled in the firewall settings:
Method 2: Check the date and time
The user should perform the below steps to check the date and time.
- The very first step is to move to the system clock and right click on the tab.
- The next step is to click on adjust date time.
- Now, make changes in the date and time by clicking on the tab of change date and time.
- After that double click on ok tab.
- The last step is to reopen QuickBooks after closing it.
Method 3: Fix multiple versions of QuickBooks downloaded
- At first, the user should move to the downloads and update page.
- And also choose the country.
- The next step is to select products like QuickBooks pro etc.
- Once done with that, choose the version.
- And also click on search tab.
- The user should move ahead to get the latest updates.
- The last step is to follow the on-screen steps to install QuickBooks latest release.
Method 4: Check the internet connection for fixing the issue
- The very first step is to check the internet connection and also open QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user should move to the internet connection setup tab from the help menu.
- The next step is to click on use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when the application accesses the internet.
- Now, choose the next tab.
- Move to the advanced connection settings.
- The user will then have to click on restore advanced settings.
- Hit ok tab and also click on done.
- The user should can now run the update processes again.
With this, we come to the end of this post till the end, where we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 12038. However, if the user isn’t able to fix the issue even after performing the set of steps above, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks error support team of accounting professionals at 1-844-521-0490 is suggested.