Are you looking for the best accounting software then, your perfect answer is “QuickBooks“. It is the most phenomenon and beneficial accounting software for all types of business owners. QuickBooks serves its customers with the best of its services and has proved to be the best in the market. It provides the best tool for bookkeeping and maintaining all the business accounts for all kinds of business proprietors. QuickBooks always comes with new features and different versions. It always comes up with new updates that are available with lots of new features.
However, when QB users install the software, sometimes you may face issues in the updating process. In this article, we will explore the common errors faced in updating QuickBooks desktop. This article tells about all the errors occur during the updating process and also the perfect solutions to resolve those errors. We will study all the solutions one by one later in this article.
What are QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors?
The QuickBooks desktop update errors are faced very often when you try to update the QuickBooks Desktop. The updates are easily available and the software indicates you about the updates every time. QuickBooks Update Errors appear when you download the updates or try to upgrade the newly released version. Sometimes, these updates errors stop your software from being upgraded. Therefore, the new features do not get installed.
Most probably, you did not receive the error message but you may get some hindrance while updating the software. Some of the common update errors in QuickBooks are given below:
- Error 12045
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QuickBooks Error 12038
- Error 12037
These are the common errors that are found when you update the software and download the new features. But, we will give you some easy solutions to fix these errors.
What Causes QuickBooks desktop update errors?
- Poor Internet Connection
- Limiting Settings of Personal Firewall or Internet security.
- Multiple cases of QuickBooks on the same computer
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Best ways to resolve QuickBooks desktop update errors
Given below are some easy methods that will surely help in correcting the errors.
Method 1: Check your Internet Connection Settings
To check your secure Internet connection, open a web browser and visit ‘Chase banking‘.
If you couldn’t open the page then, follow the steps given below:
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Payroll Error 403?
- Go to the ‘Help‘ menu & choose the Internet Connection Setup.
- After that choose “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet“.
- After that hit a click on ‘Next‘
- Now go to ‘Advanced Connection Settings‘.
- From the Advanced tab, choose the Restore Advanced Settings.
- After that click on ‘Done’
- Lastly, update QuickBooks Desktop again.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
Method 2: Verify the system date and time on the computer
- Right-click your system clock placed on your desktop screen and choose the option ‘Adjust Date/Time‘.
- Select ‘Change date and time‘ and write the current date and time.
- Select OK twice.
- Close and open the QuickBooks desktop again.
- Then, run the update of QuickBooks Desktop again.
Method 3: Configure your Internet security or personal firewall application settings
Sometimes, internet security or firewall settings can hinder with updates. Hence, check and verify the configuration of your Internet security and personal firewall software settings. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Read this also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
- First of all, the user needs to press the start tab and then look for QuickBooks database server manager.
- And then, click on QuickBooks database server manager from the list and then click on the port monitor option.
- The next step is to note down the port number of the version of QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, the user needs to click on the start tab once again, followed by searching the windows firewall.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the windows firewall and then click on the advanced settings option.
- The next step in the process is to right click the inbound rules option and then hit the new rule
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on the port option and then hit next.
- After that, make sure that you have enabled the TCP option
- And also, check-mark the specific local ports, followed by entering the port number in the text box.
- The user is then supposed to click on the next option, and along with that select allow the connection option.
- Now, click on next once again and name the new rule.
- End the process, by following the same steps for outbound rules, and you are good to go.
The user also needs to carry out the following steps:
- Enable the Ports 80 and 443.
- Give access to the following files:
You may also like: Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error C=1304
Method 4: Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same system
The update errors might appear, in case the user is having more than one installation of QuickBooks desktop of the same version year installed on the system. Such as, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0 and Premier 2018. In case this happens, the user needs to download and install a manual update for one or more versions of QuickBooks desktop.
Still Confused? Connect with our executives!
We hope that this article clarifies all your doubts and issues regarding the QuickBooks desktop update errors. The steps and solutions given above will absolutely fix all the QuickBooks installation errors. With the help of the causes given above, you can easily identify the errors. This post also provides the best ways to fix the issues in the updating process and also when you download the new features. We hope that users will easily manage to follow the steps to resolve the issues.
Still, if you face any further query or difficulty during the process then, contact us on our QuickBooks enterprise toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490 and get connected with our expert team. Just call us and get the best solutions and answers to our doubts instantly.
Some other helpful articles: