Learn how you can troubleshoot QuickBooks freezing up problem like a pro
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting and bookkeeping tool that allows small and mid-sized business owners to manage their business. It helps them save time and meet business and financial goals. But since it’s a computer software, it isn’t entirely free from errors. It isn’t rare for users to face different technical glitches and issues. Among the most common issues that a user may face is software freezing up.
In today’s article, we are going to deal with QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up error and will provide you tips and tricks to get your QuickBooks software back in to its original form. Thus, make sure to read this article carefully. Moreover, the user can get in touch with our support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
See it also: How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 15107?
Brief into QuickBooks Freezing up issue?
While working with QuickBooks accounting software, at times QuickBooks freezes bug hinder the smooth working process. It generates a few off screen window running in the backup, which do not close when the user tries to shut them. This not only freezes the software but also risks the unsaved data. There can be a plenty of factors causing this issue, which will be discussed later in this post.
What leads to QuickBooks Freezing up issue?
Many times QB users face the issue of QuickBooks software freezing up. This bug can be a result of a few factors, which we have discussed below:
- In case the file is corrupted and hinders the access to windows
- The user might encounter similar error if he/she is using an outdated windows operating system
- Another factor causing the issue can be when the background applications consume space and data
- In case the User Account Control is enabled, the software might freeze
- Any kind of damaged DDF files and user preferences files can also end up in this error
You may also like: How to Set up and Use Class Tracking in QuickBooks Desktop?
6 Simple Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up Problem
QuickBooks may freeze at any time – mostly while opening a file. If you too are facing this issue, perform the following steps.
Solution 1: Clear the browser cache and temporary internet files
Clearing caches within Internet Explorer can resolve the issue. These caches can cause excess data and slow down your computer.
Solution 2: Check your company files for data damage
Your QuickBooks may freeze up or face other issues if your company file is damaged. You can perform the following steps to fix the file related errors.
Step 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
If you already don’t have QuickBooks File Doctor, Install it from the official website of Intuit and download and run it. The tool automatically finds and fixes company file damages.
You may also like: How to Setup Fees for QuickBooks Payments?
Step 2: Use the Rebuild Data tool
This built-in QuickBooks tool automatically troubleshoots minor company file data issues. Perform the following steps to use it:
- Open the File menu and go to Utilities and then Rebuild Data
- Go to the QuickBooks Information window and select OK.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to save a backup.
- Wait while it repairs your file(s). QuickBooks and your computer may seem stuck, but if you are able to move your mouse, the tool is functioning
- Select OK button.
- Again, open the File menu and go to Utilities and then Verify Data
- Wait while the tool checks your file for data issues
- If the tool doesn’t discover any problems, select OK. You can continue using your QuickBooks company file as it has no data damage.
- If any issue is found, select Rebuild Now.
Repeat the process if the issue persists after rebuilding your company file. In case the first rebuild took very long (more than two hours) then contact a specialist.
If the above-mentioned solutions don’t get your QuickBooks software back up and running, move on to the next one.
Read Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 41
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download and Install QBInstall Tool from the official website of Intuit
- Save the file on the desktop
- Close all the running programs and open windows
- Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Wait while the tool finds the error(s) and instigates troubleshooting them
- Restart your computer
Solution 4: Using the QuickBooks refresher tool
In case of QuickBooks freezes issue, the user can use the QuickBooks refresher tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to close all QuickBooks desktop version
- And then, download the QuickBooks refresher tools
- Now, save the file on the desktop
- Followed by, running the QBRefresher tool
- Also, re-open QuickBooks desktop
- This would surely resolve the issue
See this also: How to Reprint Paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 5: Using QuickBooks clean install tool
- The user needs to first download the clean install tool
- And then, save it to the desktop
- After that, the user needs to open QuickBooks clean install utility.exe
- Also, the user needs to click on the I accept option when the license agreement appears
- Now, choose the QB version and hit continue
- The last step is to click on OK when the prompt appears stating “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install please install to the default directory“
Solution 6: Closing QBW32.exe process
- For this method, the user is required to right click the windows taskbar and then select the start task manager
- After that click on the processes tab
- And then, in order to filter it alphabetically, the user needs to click on the image name
- Also, look for and select exe
- The last step is to click on end process option
You may also like: How to Repair QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
We hope the above solutions help you fix the QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up issue. In case the issue persists even after trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post or if they’re taking very long, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team.
All you have to do is to call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our experts and certified professionals will be there to assist you.
Other helpful links: