Here is how you can use QuickBooks conversion tool to convert your QuickBooks desktop company files effectively
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting and bookkeeping software used by small as well as medium-sized corporations around the globe. The reason behind its popularity and effectiveness is the new features that make accounting and bookkeeping incredibly simple for everyone. One often taked tool associated with QuickBooks is the Conversion tool. Although due to it being a pretty recent addition to the parent software, not many users know as to how to operate it optimally.
So, in this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Conversion Tool in an in-depth manner.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks PDF Converter tool?
What is QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Amongst several features and tools that are available with the QuickBooks Desktop, the Conversion tool is one of the most useful. It is quite important for users as it allows them to convert the company file from a plethora of different programs. The best part about this conversion tool is that despite the complexity of the conversion task, it completes it without any sort of data security compromise.
So, with the help of QuickBooks Conversion Tool, users can do things like the conversion of QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018 or Pro 2018 or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 18.0. The reason behind the popularity of this tool is that it performs tasks that are very complex swiftly without consuming much time.
What are the advantages of QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Any software is as productive as the number and functionality of the advantages that it offers. As for QuickBooks Conversion tool, it is in a great place as it has a handful of advantages for the users to go for it. So, here are some of the advantages of QuickBooks Desktop conversion tool:
- This tool allows the setup process for the conversion of QuickBooks Files
- Conversion tool does not change the current/existing data files
- It helps the user to understand the current state of the business
- The tool itself imports the data from the new ‘QuickBooks Company’ without any hassle
- To maintain the records in an orderly fashion, the tool creates a log for every conversion
- The tool ensures that no such data security compromises are possible while the conversion is taking place
- It provides the user with a choice for the imports list. This way users can list plus / minus balances as well as historical transactions in one go.
System requirements for QuickBooks Conversion Tool
It is important for a user to know the requirements of any tool that they are going to invest in firsthand. So, here are the system requirements that a user will have to meet in order to get the QuickBooks Conversion tool running on their system:
|Operating System||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8|
|Processor||500 MHz Intel Pentium II (minimum)|
|Memory (RAM)||512 MB (minimum)|
|Hard Drive||2.5 GB of free space (recommended)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework||Version 2.0 (minimum)|
|QuickBooks Desktop||Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018 or higher|
|Sage 50||Version 2013 and above|
- The operating system should only be any of the following: Windows 7, 8 or 10, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Installation of .NET 2.0 framework is a must in case it is not already present on the device
- QuickBooks Desktop should be properly installed on the device and it should also be registered in case of QuickBooks Pro / Premier / Enterprise solutions 2014 or higher
- RAM Storage should be higher than 512 MB
- Either of the following must be correctly installed: Microsoft SBA 2006, MS Office Accounting 2008 or Peachtree (version 2001 or later)
Limitations of Conversion tool
There are certain limitations about importing business data, transaction, and account balances from other financial software into QuickBooks. This can convert employee list information that includes social security number, as well as payroll general ledger account balance information.
There are a few other payroll information’s that can’t be converted using the QuickBooks conversion tool, namely: paycheck, employee year to date information, payroll item, individual employee wage, etc. Also, job costing, fixed asset items work tickets and close or partially closed sales orders, estimates, and purchase order might be converted using this tool.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 30159?
Steps to use QuickBooks Conversion Tool like a Pro
Before file conversion, users should ensure that the QuickBooks is installed on their system and the copy is registered as well as licensed. So, here are the steps required to use QuickBooks Conversion Tool:
- Start with double-clicking on the conversion tool to open it
- Now, select one of the two options that will appear on your screen which are, My Client company or My Own company.
- Once done, select the accounting software which you are trying to convert
- Now, select Next and choose the company file, once done, click on Next again
- Now you will have to choose your QuickBooks Product, go to the folder where you have saved the company file and click on Next
- Once done, select the conversion levels as per the list which you see on the screen and click Next
- Here, you will have to select the Accounting Preference as per the date and name of the organisation, after that click on Next
- Now, check all the details for the last time and click on Start, once the process is complete, click on Finish option.
Steps to convert Sage to QuickBooks
If you are a Sage 2010 user and are looking forward to convert it to QuickBooks, then carry out the steps below:
- The first step is to set-up the data access credentials.
- For this, the user needs to launch the Sage application and then open the company file.
- After that, move to the Main menu > Maintain > Users > Setup Security
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Payroll Error 403?
- Followed by clicking on the Data Access/Crystal Reports.
- The next step is to click on change to set the password.
- And then, close Sage
- After that the user needs to select the Sage company file.
- In this step, the user is required to download and install the QuickBooks Conversion Tool from the Intuit website. The user can use the tool by running it as administrator. After that, the user needs to right click the QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe file and then choose the run as admin option.
- The next step is to select the company file by clicking on to the browse option, from the database name window. And then select the company name and hit OK option.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
- The final step is to convert the company file
- Now, the user needs to select the QuickBooks version that he/she wishes to convert Sage to. And also find out the folder, where the QuickBooks file is to be kept, after that hit Next option.
- In the new window, the user is recommended to verify the accuracy of the information, followed by hitting Convert file option. The conversion process can be time consuming, and the user might witness a message on the screen, once done.
- After this, the user is supposed to open the QuickBooks file and check whether the process was completed properly.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Restore Failed Error?
Steps to convert Quicken to QuickBooks
Quicken 2011 or older version users can switch to QuickBooks, by following the steps below:
- For this, the user is required to download the QuickBooks conversion tool. This tool is not required, if the user is converting to QuickBooks of same year from Quicken of same year. This tool is effective and is required, when the QuickBooks is newer than Quicken.
- Now the user will have to launch the Quicken converter and then hit Next.
- After that, accept the terms in the license agreement, and then hit a click on next and install options respectively.
- The next step is to select Launch Quicken Converter and then hit finish.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select I am transferring data from Quicken to Windows option and then hit get started option.
- Now, select Open a data file located on this computer option, and then browse the file by clicking on select file button, and then hit convert and OK options.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on save to save the updated Quicken file and then click on the exit option. The Quicken file is not upgraded.
- In this step, the user is supposed to launch the QuickBooks desktop.
- and then move to the File > Utilities > Convert > from Quicken.
- To end the process carry out the prompts.
So, this is how you can get the most out of the QuickBooks Conversion tool. In case you have any query or you face any QB Related issue, you can contact our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team. Connect with our experts by dialing toll-free +1-844-521-0490.