Learn how to fix Crash: Com error in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
QuickBooks Software is one of the most efficient and effective accounting software in the market. The majority of the US and other countries handle own sized business using this software. But as QuickBooks involve various codes and algorithms, it is a bit prone to various errors. Crash com error is one of those errors that make a lot of nuisance for the users. Notably in QuickBooks, significant financial information including account statements and bills are present, since it is an accounting application.
The crash com error hurts to a system and software, if you want to get rid of this error, then reading this article till the end might help the users at large. In this article, we have tried to mention all possible solutions to get rid of this error. These measures have proven to be of fantastic help to rectify QuickBooks crash com error.
However, there can be cases, when none of the solutions work in fixing these issues, and at that time the need for consulting a professional arise. Thus, you can make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490 and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks enterprise support team and let them fix the issue for you.
You might also like: Resolve Pdf and Printing Errors with QuickBooks
Brief into QuickBook crash com error
Crash com error is one of the commonly encountered error, which occurs when the user tries to opening, working, sending forms, email invoices or with other transactions. Losing the unsaved information in other QuickBooks open windows can be pretty much annoying, but this can happen with QuickBooks crash com error. When this error occurs, the user has no option other than clicking on the OK tab on the hover crash com error message. This error appears on the screen with an error message saying “QuickBooks crash com error”.
The basic cause of this error can be when the sync fails with windows operating system or the other components. There can be other reasons as well that can end up in crash com error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Relevant Causes behind Crash Com Error
Though there can be a plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of Crash Com Error, a few of which are given under:-
- The very first reason can be improper or incomplete setup and installation of QuickBooks program.
- Any kind of malware corrupt to the Windows frame / QB related app files might end up in crash com error.
- Also, if any other application erases QB related files mistakenly, then in that case these types of issues can be encountered.
- In case the synchronization fails with windows or other components
- Or in case of damaged or lost windows components and MS office components
Stages when this error shows up
There can be certain situations where this error could be seen, a few of which are:
- QuickBooks com error while emailing invoices
- While opening invoices
- While attaching a document or sending forms
- When working on QuickBooks desktop
- At the time of saving a document
- At the time opening the check register
- Or when the user opens a report in QuickBooks
Read Also: What is QuickBooks web connector?
Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks crash com error while mailing invoices
It becomes much easier with the availability of various solutions. We have jotted down some of the most relevant and effective solutions, with which the users will be able to resolve the QuickBooks crash com error. Follow these steps.
Solution 1: Ensure that the Outlook is updated to latest release
The very first solution to the crash com error is to ensure that the Outlook is update to the latest release. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, Open/access the Outlook, select the “File” tab => “Office Account” tab => “Update” Options => “Update Now” icon.
- The user needs to verify whether the error continues or is resolved.
Read it also: How to Setup QuickBooks Enterprise Accounting Software?
Solution 2: Set up the Outlook as default mail application
Setting up the outlook as default mail application can also work in certain cases. The steps involved in this process are enumerated below:
- Initially, the user is supposed to visit the “Control Panel” tab => “Default Programs” tab => Set your default programs respectively.
- Now, in the Programs list, click on the MS Outlook and after that opt for ‘Set this program as default’ icon.
- The final step is to select “OK” icon.
Solution 3: Adding an email account
- To begin with, the user needs to click on “File” menu in the MS Outlook.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for the “Add Account” icon to start with the installation process.
- The next step is to type-in the email address to be included, along with that tap on the “Connect” icon.
- Now, the user needs to wait for Outlook to automatically discover the ideal host setting, and then click on “Connect” icon.
- After that, the user needs to Type-in the password used for email, and then choose the “OK” icon.
- The last step of this process is to opt for “OK” icon to complete the installation process.
See Also: How to solve QuickBooks error code 6150?
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Close your QuickBooks desktop and company files.
- After that run your QuickBooks by clicking on Run as administrator.
- While on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that go to the Options tab and choose Mark All option and then click on Save.
- Now navigate to the Update Now tab and choose Reset Update checkbox.
- Finally choose Get Updates to download and install latest QB updates.
Solution 5: Toggle email settings
- The very first step is, move to the “Mail Setup” window, and then choose the “Show Profile” tab.
Notice: It should be noted that the steps 3 and 2 could be omitted in case the Outlook is set as default email program.
- In case this particular profile is chosen consistently, then in that situation, the user needs to select prompt for a profile for use, then choose the “Apply” option.
- Now, toggle the choice back to constantly use this particular profile, and then choose the “Apply” icon.
- The last step is to hit “OK” icon.
Solution 6: Draft a new Outlook email Profile
- The very first step is to close the Microsoft Outlook mail.
- And then, navigate to the “Control Panel” tab => “Mail” icon.
- From the “Mail Setup” window, the user needs to select “Show Plugins”, and then choose “Insert option”.
- The next step is to type the title for the profile under Profile Name, and then choose the “OK” button.
- The user now needs to add an email account to use in the profile by following the instructions on the screen.
- And lastly, select the drop-down under Always utilize this profile, select the newly created profile, and then choose the “Apply” tab, and then “OK” icon.
Solution 7: Repair Office and run Windows update
- Refer to those Microsoft articles for detailed steps
- Repair Office
- Windows Update: FAQ
Important: Intuit doesn’t support Microsoft applications and isn’t liable for running those tools. If you’re uncomfortable doing these jobs, we recommend you to consult an IT professional.
- Windows and MS Office errors
- Reduction of MS Office License # and unable to reinstall
You may also read: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6177, 0?
Solution 8: Running QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- To begin with the process, the user needs to right-click ‘QuickBooks’ icon on the desktop then select the “Properties” tab.
- In the “Compatibility” tab, click on the “Run” icon.
- And then, from the drop-down, choose the ‘Windows 7’.
- The user is then needed to set a test on “Run” icon, as an administrator.
- The last and final step in the process is to select the “Apply” icon, and then click on the “OK” icon.
Solution 9: Add Windows Admin User
In case none of the above methods worked, then it is highly recommended to add windows admin user, as this might fix the issue up to great extent. The steps to be followed in this process are as follows:
- Create the Windows user with Administrator rights.
- Log on to Windows with the entire new user.
See it also: What is QuickBooks abort error?
Solution 10: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine tuning
In case the above methods didn’t work for you, then in that case the user can fine tune the QuickBooks desktop and company file. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The first step is to open and update QuickBooks to the latest version
- And then, try to manually update QuickBooks, in case the update errors can be seen
- The next step is to open and verify the QuickBooks company file, to verify the integrity of the company file data
- Now, open the item on which QuickBooks crash com error was seen
- And lastly, the user is expected to open some other report or a form and then try to email it to check if the error continues
This drives us to the end of this article, and we hope that this article would be helpful for the users to resolve the QuickBooks Crash com error. Resolving this error becomes easy, if the above stated steps are followed.
However, the user can follow above-shown steps to fix this error, if the error persists – the user can contact the QuickBooks error support team at their toll-free number i.e. (844)521-0490. Calling and getting in touch with our technical support team can help you in resolving the error with much ease.
More helpful articles: