QuickBooks is accounting software that has completely transformed the way the entrepreneurs perform accounting and bookkeeping activities. No doubt, it is an ideal tool for small, as well as medium sized businesses. No matter from which background you are, you can easily operate this software due to its easy to use interface. As everything carries its good and bad, so is with this accounting software. Though, QuickBooks desktop is a feature packed accounting software, but at the same time it also encounters certain glitches and bugs. One such error is QuickBooks Abort error that causes damage to the QBWUSER.INI file. If you want to know the ways to fix this error, then stay tuned with this article.
In today’s article, we will be talking about QuickBooks abort error, and the quick fixes to the same. Another option for the same can be to get in touch with our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and our team will provide you with the best possible services in no time.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Script Error?
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
When the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged, the user might encounter Abort error. As this damage might lead to an unexpected system crash that might disrupt the workflow. This error could end up in closing down QuickBooks and several other operations do not perform smoothly. It might also hinder the access to the company file. Any kind of changed made to the data by the user can be lost in case of QuickBooks abort error and might require being re-entered.
What causes QuickBooks to Abort error?
The reasons behind QuickBooks Abort error can be plenty. A few of the causes are as follows:
- Missing QBWUSER.INI files from QuickBooks
- Corrupted QuickBooks software
- Any kind of pending QuickBooks update
- Corrupted hard drive may also lead to any such error
- If the user is making use of QuickBooks different versions on a multiple-user mode
- There is some kind of damage to the Windows operating system
- And many more ………………..
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Abort error
- The very first symptom of QuickBooks abort error is when QuickBooks software shuts down or closes frequently
- Or when the system crashes randomly
- Another situation can be when the program gets aborted and there is a Fatal App Exit
- The next sign of Abort error can be frequent system shutdowns without any error messages
- Or if the QuickBooks accounting software gets terminated from Windows 8
Procedures to fix QuickBooks Abort error
Now that we have explored the causes and symptoms of abort error, it is now time for us to explore about the quick fixes to the same. So let us check out the simple ways to get rid of QuickBooks abort error.
Procedure 1: Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file
In order to get rid of QuickBooks abort error, renaming the QBWUSER.INI file can work. However, the point to be remembered here is that renaming the file might delete the last list of file opened, which means that the user might be required to redo the same thing manually.
- The very first step in this process is to check the folder, where the QBWUSER.INI file is saved.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to navigate to the location :\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\
- Moving to the next step, the user is required to click on the QBWUSER.INI
- Once done with that, click on the rename and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- And then, rename the .ecml file.
- The last step is to try opening the file.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
Procedure 2: Stop the Antivirus or other security programs for a while
Numerous viruses are known to block the security threats. These security programs at times hinder the software access, for which the user might require to turn off the firewalls manually. However, we would recommend you to consult some IT professional for turning off the firewalls as any kind of discrepancy make leads to further mess.
You may also like: How to Fix Errors in Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online?
Procedure 3: Download and run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Another procedure to fix the issue can be to download and install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool, as it can analyze and highlight faulty windows components. This would fix the problem on its own.
Note: You can also download and use QBinstall diagnostic tool from QuickBooks tool hub.
The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The basic step is to install diagnostic tool.
- After that, the user is required to double-click to launch the tool.
- Once done with that, the user can view the results:
- If the result shows no error detected, then it means that the files are OK.
- Another case can be when the result shows error detected then in that case the user is required to repair the file and restore the backup.
Related article: Fix QuickBooks Online login error on chrome
Procedure 4: Test the hosting status of QuickBooks
The last method to get rid of QuickBooks abort error is to check the hosting status of QuickBooks. The steps involved in this method are as follows:
- First of all, visit the files.
- Then, tap on Utilities option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to click on the stop hosting to multi-user access option.
- And then, open the company file on the multi-user mode.
- The last and final step in the process is to look for the check mark in the box labeled – Open file in multi-user mode” is there.
Related Articles: How to Resolve Cannot Open QuickBooks Company File Error?
Procedure 5: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- First of all you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- After that save the file on your computer.
- Now open the file you downloaded. Note: It’s called QBFD.exe.
- After that you need to follow the onscreen commands to install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Once the installation process completes, the tool will run automatically. You can also run the file doctor tool by double-clicking on it.
You may also like: How to Download and Install the QuickBooks Desktop?
Procedure 6: Configure Firewall Manually
- First of all, open the Windows Start menu.
- And then, type in Windows Firewall, followed by opening Windows firewall.
- Choose Advanced Settings.
- The next step is to right click Inbound Rules, and then select the New Rule option.
- Once done with that, the user is recommended to select the Port and then hit Next.
- Now, the user needs to ensure that TCP is selected.
- And then, in the specific Local Ports field, the user needs to enter the specific ports required for QuickBooks year version.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select Next.
- After that, the user needs to select the Allow the connection and then hit next.
- Once done with that, the user needs to ensure that all the profiles are marked and then once again click on next.
- The next step in the process is to create a rule and also name it.
- And to end the process, make sure to hit Finish option.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks restore failed error?
Procedure 7: Running verify and rebuild data utility
- The user needs to open the QuickBooks desktop and then select the file menu. After that click on the the utilities tab and also, click on the verify data option
Read this also: How to Fix Common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors?
- Moving ahead, if no error message appears after verifying the data, then the user needs not run the rebuild tool
- After that, in case the error message stating “Your data has lost integrity“, appears on the screen, then the user will be needed to repair the damaged data file
- Now, select the utilities tab under the file menu and also click on the rebuild data option
You will also see: How to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
- The next step is to click on OK tab on the backup company file popup window
- Also, select the location on the system to save the backup of the company file and then hit OK tab
- Moving ahead, the user needs to check if the data rebuild process has began
- The last step is to restore the backup option from the file menu
Fixation steps through Info-graphic
You can also follow the below given steps that are given through Info-graphic image.
Read this Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6138, 105?
These were some of the most effective methods to fix the QuickBooks Abort error. We hope that following any of the above methods might help the users in getting rid of the error with much ease. However, if by any chance the user is unable to tackle the bug even after following the steps discussed above, then we would recommend consulting some certified professionals. You can also dial our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team.
We own a pool of experts and certified professionals who are well versed in dealing with all possible QuickBooks associated errors. So, do not hesitate in getting in touch with our experts and discuss your accounting related problem.
You might also like: