Quick guide to print pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop
Wondering how to print pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop? Well, no need to think more, here is comprehensive guide to print pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop. Printing pay stubs doesn’t involve any rocket science, all you have to do is carry out the step by step process. If you wish to learn the simple process to print pay stubs in QuickBooks, then go ahead and read this article till the end.
This article will provide you an insight into the process of printing pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop. However, for further details, you can get in touch with our technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
What is pay stubs in QuickBooks?
Before learning the entire process, it is important to get a brief of what is QuickBooks pay stubs. Well, QuickBooks pay stubs is a feature in QuickBooks that permits the users to email the pay stubs from QuickBooks desktop to the employee. It should be noted that QuickBooks pay stubs server as physical record of the Paycheck amount and the date. They are made as a password protected PDF attachments. The pay stubs save the format and layout of the pay stubs. It should be noted that, while printing pay stubs, the user needs to ensure that the Dollar amount must be correct. To know more about this amazing feature, make sure to read the article thoroughly.
How to Print QuickBooks pay stubs?
Printing pay stubs involves a few simple steps. The user can print payroll stubs for the employees by using online payroll. Let us checkout the steps to be followed for printing Pay stubs for QuickBooks online payroll.
For QuickBooks online payroll
- Set up QuickBooks Pay stub printing preferences
- The user is supposed to click on settings and then click on the Payroll settings.
- After that, select the paycheck printing icon, along with that click on the Preferences tab.
- Once done with that, make sure to click on the Plain paper stubs
- And then, select OK tab.
- Printing payroll stubs
- Now, the user needs to select the employees in the workers field.
- After that, hit a click on Paycheck List in My Payroll section.
- The next step is to select the paychecks that are to be printed.
- To end the process, the users are recommended to click on Print.
Methods to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks
There can be a variety of options that can be opted by the users, when it comes to print pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop. In this article, we will be having a look at some of the most effective ones. Let us have a look at the methods one by one:
Method #1: Printing pay stubs with the help of paycheck list
- The first step is to select the employees in the left side navigation bar.
- The next step is to click on the Employee name that you wish to pay.
- Now, the user is required to tap on Paycheck List, on the employee’s page.
- Move ahead, by selecting the ‘checks to pay’ option.
- After that, search for the option of check number if any applicable.
- And the last step in this process is to select the Batch action from the drop-down arrow, followed by selecting the Print option.
Related article: Update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release
Method #2: Printing through Bill Payment Stubs
- To begin with, the user is required to visit the File menu, after that tap on the Print Form and select Bill Payment stubs.
- The next step in the process is to check out the Bill Payment drop down menu, followed by selecting the credit card or check depending on the method for the bill payment.
- After that, in the account drop-down, pick the suitable Bank/Credit card account.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to enter the end as well as beginning dates in the dated section, in order to list the payments from a different date range.
- Now, the user should choose the checks for which he/she wants to print the bill payment stubs.
- Move to the next step by hitting OK button.
- Lastly, the user is required to check printer and also specify the total number of copies and then press the print option, in the print window.
You may also like: How to Fix Errors in Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online?
Method #3: Using QuickBooks desktop file menu for printing pay stubs
- The first step in this process is to choose the file menu and print forms, followed by visiting the pay stubs option.
- After that, the user is required to select the Payroll bank account and then fill in the date range, which has the pay date that is supposed to be printed.
- Moving ahead, if the user wants to filter by One Employee, then choose the Employee option from the drop down, which could be found next to the Employee option.
- The next step is to select the column alongside the date, and then choose the Pay stubs that the user is looking forward to print.
- After that, the user can choose the preview to spot the paystub before printing the same.
- Now, in order to select the company and employee info, pick the preferences option.
- If the user wants to print a global message for each of the pay stub, then for that the user is required to enter the content in the company message for printing it for all the pay stubs boxes.
- Moving ahead, select Print option.
- And to end the process, select help option and get the info about the Print Pay Stubs window.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
Method #4: Print pay stub from paycheck
The user can also print pay stubs using paycheck. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to open the paycheck in QuickBooks desktop
- And then, in the check, select the print icon and also choose the pay stub
Note: With every paycheck or a Paystub, selected info will print automatically.
Method #5: Print Pay Stubs by Voucher Printing
- Open QuickBooks and press on the Menu Bar to click Edit option.
- Navigate to the drop-down list and select the Preferences
- After that hit a click on Payroll & Employees.
- After that press on Company Preferences tab, and choose Full Payroll option in Payroll features section.
- Go to the Set Preferences for section and then choose Pay Stub & Voucher Printing.
- Now click on the checkboxes you want to include in the Paycheck Vouchers & Pay stubs, Print section.
- If you want the company name to come on the Pay Stub, then you need to click on Legal Company Name.
- Click on the OK option, once you have selected all the items.
You may also read: How to Rectify QuickBooks Errors 1904 and 1402?
This brings us to the end of the article. We believe that following any of the above methods would help the users to print pay stubs successfully in QuickBooks desktop.
In case of any issue, or if any of your query remains unanswered, then do not hesitate in talking to our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our technical support team will be there round the clock to assist you in a single call.
Other popular topics: