Many a professional QB users are confused about whether they can merge vendors in the financial accounting software or not. But they are unaware of the fact that QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Accountant 2018 now allows to merge the duplicate vendor names quite easily. This can happen using the new merge Duplicate Vendors feature that allows a user to swiftly combine around four vendors at a time. Along with this, a user can also consolidate transactions to a master vendor and update all the required information. One can truly save up time in this process of cleaning the vendor list which may include deleting details of one vendor and transferring data to another.
To know more about merging vendors in QuickBooks, make sure that you read this article carefully till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at our toll-free customer support number +1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our QuickBooks professionals.
You might also read: Turn on advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise
Brief into Merging Vendors in QuickBooks
Often QuickBooks users doubt if they could merge vendors or not. Well, a quick answer to their query is that yes it is very much possible for the users to merge vendors in QuickBooks. The simple process to merge vendors allows the users to consolidate all the transactions. Moreover, the users are not required to enter the transactions over and over again. In simple words, the merging process deletes one vendor and at the same time, reassigns the entire relevant data to the other vendor. After the process ends, the user will not be able to reverse the procedure. This simply means that changes are permanent, and should be done carefully.
Benefit of Merging of Vendors in QuickBooks
This feature allows you to consolidate all the transactions without entering them again and again, and from time to time. The process helps you to delete one vendor and re-assign the data to the new one or another one. But while the process is on, you must remember that the process cannot be reversed and deletion and transfer is permanent.
The following things you should keep in mind before you start merging of vendors in QuickBooks:
- Keep the backup file secured.
- Changes file’s name to ‘Single User mode’
- Ensure that there are no pending accountant changes
- An Accountant’s Copy File should not be used
- Turn off the Multi-currency
- Make sure that the vendors you want merge are not tax exempted or direct deposit vendors or authorities.
- The user should keep in mind that the only way to undo a merge is to restore the backup of the data file
- Also, it is important to ensure that he/she is not merging paid through online banking vendors, tax authorities vendors, and also the direct deposit vendors
Now, here’s the step by step guide for you to know the process of merging vendors in QuickBooks:
Steps to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2019
- The very first step is to access Merge Vendors Window:
- And then navigate to the QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Edition > Accountant > Click on ‘Client Date Review’ > Merge Vendors
- Now, in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise > Company menu > Accounting Tools > Merge Vendors
- The user is then required to select all the vendors that are to be merged in Merge Vendors Window. Now, Click ‘Next’ button.
- Also, choose a Master Vendor and click ‘Merge’ option
- And the last step is that on confirmation prompt ‘Yes’, click OK on the Merge Complete window.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15215?
Steps to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2018
If you are a QuickBooks desktop 2018 user, then the steps for you to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2018 might vary. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to select ‘Vendors’ menu and select ‘Vendor Center’
- And then on the name of the vendor, right click and select ‘Edit vendor’
- Once done with that, the user needs to copy the name of the vendor.
- Also, click on Cancel to return to Vendor Center
- Followed by right clicking on name to merge and click on ‘Edit Vendor’ option
- The next step is to replace the existing with the copied one and click OK button.
- And towards the end of this process, the user needs to click Yes when a prompt appears to proceed
In case you are unable to merge the vendors or require any other assistance, you can consider QuickBooks enterprise support team for your concern. We provide best alternatives and our experts are available round the clock to assist you. You can also contact us on our toll-free support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
You might also like: