At the time of creating a new company file, the user might require using an Intuit account to sign in. The same condition applies to the connected services like payments, payroll, receipt management, or TSheets. It should be noted that using an intuit account varies from simply logging in the company file. Using a QuickBooks company file login provides access to the basic features such as creating an invoice or paying a bill. However, in case one uses an Intuit account, then it gives the access to all the connected intuit services for the company file. After signing in, the user can manage the user roles and access to connected services from the Intuit account user management dashboard.
Talking about the intuit account user management, it is quite different from the customer account maintenance portal and the one intuits identity. CAMPS can be used even later for managing all the account maintenance related information like the subscription, payment methods, and product downloads. In order to view or change sign in info, personal info, data and privacy, one can use the “One Intuit Identity”. To transfer the primary admin role for the company file to another user, there are certain steps to be followed that are discussed later in this post. Thus, to know more, make sure to stay hooked to this article carefully till the end. For any further assistance, you can also speak to our QuickBooks support team at any point of time. Place a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our team will be there to provide immediate assistance.
Interesting post: Learn the basics about QuickBooks File Manager
Steps to Invite Intuit account users and assign roles
Below are the steps to invite users to create an Intuit account, so they can use Intuit services like QuickBooks payments, payroll direct deposit, payroll workforce, TSheets time tracking by QuickBooks, receipt management and more:
From QuickBooks desktop
- The user needs to sign in to the QuickBooks company file using the admin user credentials associated with it.
- After that, the user should move to the company menu and then opt for users. Followed by selecting Intuit account user management.
- The next step is to add a new user to the file and choose add user. To see a list of the available roles, the user needs to select the roles tab.
- Once done with that, enter the user’s email.
- Followed by, selecting the user’s role from available roles, and choose add option.
- The user is then required to select add user.
- And the QuickBooks software will display a message of the invite status with the role(s) assigned and the QuickBooks desktop company file name. Also, choose OK to close the message.
- It should be noted that the Intuit account user management dashboard shows the added user(s) with a status of pending. After the user accepts the invite, the status will become Active.
The user should add users to multiple company files, and move to the main menu and choose the drop-down menu next to the email, and choose change company.
From a web browser
- Under this, the user needs to sign in the Intuit account.
- And then, choose the company file to access and also choose continue tab.
- Once done with that, select add user in order to add a new user to the file. To see a list if the available roles, the user needs to select the roles tab.
- Moving ahead, the user should enter the user’s email.
- And also, choose the user’s role from available roles and then choose add.
- Now, once done with the steps, make sure to select add user.
- After this, the user will see a message of the invite status with the role(s) assigned and the QuickBooks desktop company file name. And also choose OK tab to close the message.
- The Intuit account user management dashboard will show the added users with a status of pending. After the user accepts the invite, the status will become active on its own.
In case required, the user will have to add users to multiple company files, and move to the menu bar and choose the dropdown which will be next to the email and then choose change company.
Read it Also: Create data level permissions in QuickBooks enterprise
Steps to edit or delete a user’s intuit account or role
- At first, the user should sign in to QuickBooks company file using the admin user credentials associated with it.
- And then, move to the company menu and then the users tab and choose Intuit account user management.
- After that select the user, and from the select drop-down either go for the edit option or delete option, which depends upon the needs:
- The user can also look for a user by entering the email in the find by email search box or choose the email or status column to sort and find a user.
- The next step is to select an assigned role and choose remove, so that the user no longer has access to a role.
- Once done, select save tab.
- Followed by, selecting OK on the message displayed by QuickBooks that the user’s role was updated.
- Lastly, the Intuit account user management dashboard will show the users updated role with a status of active.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
Steps to accept an Intuit account invite
When someone is invited to create an intuit account, he/she will have to respond to the invite within 30 days before one can sign in. This can be done as follows:
- Here, the user needs to check the email that received the invite.
- And from the email invite, the user needs to select accept invite and sign in using the Intuit account email or user ID.
- In case asked to, the user will have to select the method to verify the identity and then type a 6-digit code and choose continue.
- QuickBooks will ensure that you have accepted the invite and choose OK button.
The role will be active and can now access services connected to the company file.
To wind up!
When all is said and done, we expect the reader to be well versed in setting up and use Intuit account user management successfully. The above stated steps would be enough to make the best use of Intuit account user management. However, if any of your queries remained unanswered, then in that case the user can freely have a conversation with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support professionals.
Our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490 is accessible during the working hours, and one can easily discuss the issue with our qualified and experienced ProAdvisors.