Planning to import your credit card transactions into QuickBooks? If yes, then your search ends over here, this article is written with an intent to provide the best possible information related to import credit card transactions into QuickBooks online. QuickBooks has introduced great feature of importing credit card transactions, that saves a lot of time and effort. This also helps in managing the finances and budget. In this article, you will also learn the process to import the credit card transactions using QuickBooks online file or excel and csv file.
You can read this article carefully to learn the process. Once you download the transactions, you can quickly manage the transactions. Or you can also contact our team professionals, in case you don’t want to perform the steps for importing transactions manually.
Important points to remember
There are certain points that you should take into consideration, which include:
- For importing the transactions into QuickBooks online, you would have to enter the credits manually.
- Also, in case you wish to download transactions of more than 90 days, then you would have to import transactions in excel format.
- Another point can be that you have to add a column for QuickBooks account number when downloading a file from the credit card company. In case you an account number already, then provide the lowest sub account number.
- Also, there is a pay column in the file that gets downloaded from the credit card company having extra details. This can be molded according to the needs to match it with the vendor name.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15203?
Steps for importing credit card transactions in QuickBooks online
One can perform the below steps to import credit card transactions successfully:
Step 1: Choose the banking center
- Herein, you are required to enter the bank/credit card name in the search bar.
- And then select the bank/credit card company from the list.
- In case you couldn’t find the credit card company or you wish to download 90 days transaction, then you would have to do it with the help of CSV format.
You may also like: How to Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Step 2: Logging in to the business and credit card account
You would have to use the login credentials, like the ID and password. This might take a couple of minutes to connect with the bank with QuickBooks.
Step 3: Selecting the credit card account
- One can tick mark each of the account that he/she wishes to connect with the software.
- And then, enter the bank account name.
- Further select the QuickBooks account where you have linked the bank account.
- In case you are unable to look for it, then add an account from the drop-down list.
Step 4: Choose the right date range
- Herein, the transactions will download in 90 days. If you want the transactions of more than that, then download it using the CSV format.
- Or if you want the transactions for a shorter date range, then click on the link “need a shorter date range”.
Step 5: And then click on the connect tab
- Under this, click on the connect tab and download all the transactions in QuickBooks.
The point to be noted here is that there is no undo option once the transactions are downloaded. Thus, make sure that you choose the correct account as later on you would have to delete all the transactions and download them again.
Step 6: In this step, the transactions will get downloaded
- After the transactions are downloaded successfully, you will see a message that states “We successfully downloaded the transactions.”
Step 7: The last step is to review the downloaded transactions
- Under this, you would have to check credit card and balance in the banking center.
- And in case the user wishes to track another credit card account, then he would be required to click on add account.
Steps for importing credit card transactions into QuickBooks online with csv file
Step 1: This can be done by simply selecting the transactions and banking.
Step 2: After that, uploading the file or transaction and click on upload a file/file upload option.
You may also read: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Step 3: The next step is to select the QuickBooks account to link with credit card account.
Step 4: And then, you can also add account from the drop down list, in case you don’t have an account in QuickBooks.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
Step 5: Once done with that, fill up the needed fields to set up the account.
Step 6: After you have entered all the details, you are required to map QuickBooks online fields to bank account fields.
Step 7: Now, perform the steps to map QuickBooks online.
- Choose the date column and select the date format.
- Now, move to the description and click on the file.
- You will get the positive and negative number in single column.
- You then have to select the column with a negative number.
Step 8: After that tick the transaction that you wish to import in QuickBooks and choose next.
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 12152?
Step 9: Also, the software will confirm the transaction.
Step 10: Click on yes to confirm.
Step 11: And lastly, the transaction will get downloaded.
Tried the above steps and still unable to successfully import credit card transactions into QuickBooks? Well, we have a solution for that as well, you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team for any sort of technical assistance. Give us a call at our customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and let our team of professionals handle the situation for you.
You may also like: