QuickBooks is a phenomenal accounting software that serves numerous business purposes around the world. But occasionally this application encounters a common H series error codes such as QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505. Generally, H series error code pop-up if the QuickBooks company files requires additional configuration. H series error code H505, H303, H202 and H101 often arises in the multi-user mode. The major reason behind this error code – if a QB user tries to open/access the company file from one computer to another. To resolve this particular issue – you can use the QuickBooks file doctor tool for efficient fixation, or read this post, where we are going to discuss the various aspects associated with Error H202 and H505.
It might be possible that you need immediate technical help – then in that case, you can get in touch with experts by dialing toll-free +1-844-521-0490. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team is always ready to provide the best possible support services to all QB users. Thus, do not hesitate in talking to our professionals and discussing your issues.
Read Also: Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 83
What are QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303, and H505?
In multi-client situations, QuickBooks H series errors like QuickBooks error H505 or H202 are exceptionally normal errors. These types of error could generally appear when the users make an attempt to move the company file from one system to another. In simple words, these errors are encountered when the company file is shared over a system. Fixing these errors might involve a few simple steps.
However, before fixing the issue, it is important to ensure that the QuickBooks software is correctly installed on the system. It can be a full desktop version with license or database manager hosting only.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Causes behind QuickBooks Error H101, H202 and H505
There might be several possible causes that can lead QuickBooks Error H202, H505, H101 and H303. Few are as:
- QuickBooks services are not opening: If the QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor Services are not running. These services are supposed to be start by itself. You should choose the File Doctor tool in order to resolve this problem.
- Incorrect Hosting Configuration Settings: It is essential that server that stores the QB files should have hosting turned on.
- QuickBooks Firewall Ports are Not Setup Properly: Sometimes, Windows firewall restrict the passage of incoming & outgoing services to the QB company files.
- Server Contains Damaged QB Installation: When the user tries to run the database service, damaged QuickBooks database server manager shoots an error.
- If the QuickBooks tries to create connection to the Company files but unable to communicate with the server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code H202 or H505
- This kind of error could be identified, if the error appears on the screen and crashes the active program window.
- The system crashes again and again while running the same program.
- Also, the error code gets displayed on the screen.
- Another sign and symptom of the error is that the windows run slowly and do not respond to keyboard and mouse inputs.
- System freezes for a few seconds on a regular basis.
Read Also: Install and Set-up QuickBooks Mac Desktop
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H202 or H505
Here are some of the methods to fix the QuickBooks Error H202 and H505 (or H101 and H103): –
Method 1: Download, Install, & Use QuickBooks File Doctor
To use the file doctor tool follow the given steps below:
Step 1: Make sure that QuickBooks install on the Server
Step 2: Download & Open QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- On the server system, download & run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Once you downloaded the ‘File Doctor’ tool, click on the “QuickBooks File Doctor” icon.
- Go to the “File” menu, enter the “File Doctor” to do the same.
Step 3: Fix the QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting Errors
- Find out the QB company files locally on the server. In case, it is not available in the drop-down list.
- Select the “Check your network” icon & click on the “Continue” tab.
- On the host system, choose the “Server” icon.
- After seeing the notification related to sharing folder – click on the “Yes” icon.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks installation errors 1904, 1402?
Method 2: Verify the Hosting & Services
Follow the steps shown to verify hosting & services below: –
Step 1: Verify the Hosting
- On each and every computer except the host, go to the QuickBooks “File” menu =>“Utilities” tab.
- In case, you notice “Host Multi-User Access” icon on the list – system isn’t hosting the company file. In this situation – you can use different system.
- If you observe “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” icon, then “Select” it.
In the Company, File Must Be Closed window, click on “Yes” button.
You may also read: Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error C=1304
Step 2: Verify the QuickBooks Services
On the server computer, run the QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitorService in multi-user mode.
- In order to pull-up the “Run” box, press the “Windows+R” keys.
- Enter the ‘service.msc’ and later, hit the “Enter” tab.
- If unable to see QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- Using the Database Server Manager, then confirm that the QBDSM also installed on the server
- If you run the full program on the server then you need to open QuickBooks and choose and verify that hosting is enabled.
Note: In the Windows search bar, look for the ‘service.msc’.
- In the drop-down menu, scroll down & find the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ service.
- Select the QuickBooksDBXX service. Later, make sure that the “Startup Type” is setup to “Automatic” & service status is “Running” or “Started”.
- Select the “Recovery” tab.
- Click on the “Save the changes“.
- After that you need to repeat the above all steps for “QBCFMonitor Service“.
- Choose the “Restart the Service” tab.
- Lastly, open your QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error 12152?
Method 3: Create a new folder for your company file
- First of all you need to “Create a new folder” and share it at the hosting computer.
- After that “Set your windows” to get the entry to permissions so that you can share your company files.
- Next, copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- Finally Open your company files in multi-user mode.
Method 4: Open up network ports QuickBooks to communicate configure the firewall
The user needs to uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender. After that follow the steps to configure the firewall settings:
- First of all, move to the “windows firewall settings“.
- After that, the user needs to right click the “Outbound Rules” and then select “New Rule“.
- The next step is to opt for the “Ports” option, followed by clicking on “Next“.
- Now, the user needs to select the TCP and the specific local ports box.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click “Next” and then select allow the connection.
- And then, the user needs to click on next option, to enter a name in the name field, along with clicking on the finish option.
- The user will be required to carry out the above steps again for “Inbound rules“.
- And lastly, open QuickBooks in “multi-user mode“.
Method 5: Download and install QuickBooks database server manager
In case QuickBooks is not hosted on the network, then the user needs to install QuickBooks database server manager on the system. The database server manager tool creates a connection between server and other connected workstations.
Method 6: Ping the server
- First of all, open the “run window” in the system facing the error.
- And then, put “CMD” in the text field, followed by clicking on “OK tab“.
- After that, the user needs to “ping the server” from the workstation.
- The next step in the process is to type “ping [servername]“, followed by hitting “Enter“. It should be noted that the brackets used here should not be used while carrying out the actual step.
- The user is then required to apply the steps given above for all the systems facing the issue.
- In case of slow reply, then it is believed that there might be some issue with the network and a repair might be needed.
Read this also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6010?
Method 7: Renaming .TLG and .ND File
- The very first step in this process is to close the QuickBooks software on all systems.
- And then, open the company file folder on the server system.
- The next step is to look for and select .TLG file associated with the QuickBooks file having this error.
- Once done with that, the user needs to right click the .TLG and then rename it.
- Followed by adding prefix OLD before the name and hit Enter.
- Now, carry out the same steps for .ND file, and close QuickBooks company file folder.
- After these steps, the files will be created automatically, when the user open up the company file again.
- And then, open the company file.
- This would resolve all errors and you are good to go.
Method 8: Use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
- The user can download and install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
- And then, run the tool and let it scan the QuickBooks company file folder
- The next step is to take note of the IP address shown when the tool runs
- Now, the user is supposed to enable the ports that have the open ports tab in the firewall status section
- Followed by carrying out the wizard instruction till the end
- The user will then have to try opening the file from the system and check if the error persists.
In case the error persists, get QuickBooks firewall port exceptions added in the windows firewall and the security software to get rid of the errors.
You may also read: How to fix the QuickBooks Error code 80029c4a?
Use the prescribed systematic steps of the solutions for QuickBooks Error H101, H202 and H505. In case, you need immediate help from expert technician and consultants – you can make a call to our QuickBooks enterprise support helpline number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our technical support team will fix the bugs for you in the least possible time.
You may also like: